Search Home : Science : Environment : Hazardous Waste
- Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA ): Environmental information including air pollution, hazardous waste, management, regulations, measuring, modeling, emissions, testing, monitoring, modeling, particulate matter, ozone, and brownfields
- Cleanup Levels For Hazardous Waste Sites: Contains list of government regulation websites that give toxicity values, physical constants and state cleanup levels. Also, has descriptions of pages, message board and glossary of related acronyms used.
- Coastal Hazardous Waste Site Reviews: US NOAA review documents describing their evaluations of more than 300 hazardous waste sites that EPA has proposed for addition to the National Priorities List.
- Conference: Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sites in Arctic and Cold Climates: Annual conference. Topics include landfills and impoundments, risk assessment, remediation techniques, fate and transport of contaminants in permafrost, acid mine drainage, and environmental impact assessment.
- Contaminated land in Great Britain: Information on Contaminated Land in the UK, for all working in the field, whether involved in buying, selling, assessing, advising, or remediating.
- DOE Office of Environmental Management (EM): U.S. Department of Energy waste management (hazardous waste, radioactive waste) and environmental remediation (waste site clean-up) programs.
- DOE RAPICRemedial Action Program Information Center: Access a searchable database of abstracts of reports and research papers about the U.S. Department of Energy's decontamination/decommissioning of nuclear facilities and remediation of sites contaminated with hazardous and radioactive materials.
- EPA SW-846: Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste, Physical/Chemical Methods: EPA publication SW-846 is the Office of Solid Waste's official compendium of analytical and sampling methods for use in complying with the RCRA regulations.
- EPA's Office of Solid Waste: Information on municipal solid waste, hazardous waste, and industrial waste.
- Environmental Management Subject Portal: Provides access to full-text reports on waste management and cleanup topics, sponsored by the US Department of Energy.
- Greater Ozarks Chapter of the Academy of Certified Hazardous Material Managers: The organization supports and trains professionals in the safe and legal management of materials posing threats to human health and the environment. Covers the Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas areas. Includes newsletters and bylaws.
- Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste Center of Expertise (US Army Corps of Engineers): cleans up sites contaminated with hazardous waste, radioactive waste, or ordnance.
- Healthy Communities Environmental Mapping: Location, type, and performance of HUD-funded activies and select EPA information on brownfields, hazardous wastes, air pollution and waste water discharges.
- Household Hazardous Waste - University of Missouri Outreach & Extension: Almost every home contains hazardous products, or products that can harm human health or the environment if improperly handled. Site tells what consumers should know about how to properly use, store, and dispose of hazardous household products.
- ITEA - DISMO technology: Offers a hyperbaric sublimation technology for treatment of hazardous and non hazardous waste, using air highly enriched with oxygen in a pressurized reactor.
- International Directory of Solid Waste Management: The International Solid Waste Association Yearbook provides a comprehensive annual reference guide to the global solid waste industry with state-of-the-art articles, reports and case studies on all aspects of solid waste management
- Massachusetts Military Reservation Installation Restoration Program: environmental cleanup program on Cape Cod, involving the MMR itself, the Air Force, other federal and state agencies, and the general public.
- Oregon DEQ Hazardous Waste Program: Proper hazardous waste management is an integral part of protecting Oregon's land, air, and water systems. Site has information on regulations and regulatory compliances, as well as information and links on pollution prevention and other waste management topics.
- Superfund Home Page: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) site about the CERCLA statute and Superfund programs.
- The Hazmat 101 Discussion and Information: A Yahoo email newsgroup dedicated to discuss packaging, labeling and transportation issues of potentially dangerous substances. Includes sign up instructions, list of stewards, archives and related `resource` links.
- The Hazmat 101 List: Email discussion list dedicated to hazardous materials and transportation safety issues.
- Waste Policy Institute: A nonprofit corporation promoting the development of socially and technically superior responses to environmental challenges.