Search Home : Science : Environment : Impact Assessment
- International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA): Organization brings together researchers, practitioners, and users of various types of impact assessments worldwide. Find organization information, EIA resources, and links to related sites.
- Analytical Strategic Environmental Assessment (ANSEA) Project: Reports on the progress of a team effort to define a logically founded methodology for strategic environmental assessment of policies, plans and programs. Participants represent 7 European countries.
- Australian EIA Network: Overview of environmental impact assessment in Australia including legislation and agreements, notifications, practitioners and training courses.
- CEQ NEPA Net: Council on Environmental Quality's central information hub for the U.S. National Environmental Policy Act and the federal environmental impact assessment process, including environmental impact statements.
- CHAINET - European network on chain analysis for environmental decision support: Project to create a guidebook on different environmental analytical tools.
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency: Comprehensive EIA `resource` for Canada, including EIA legislation, guidance, training opportunities, specific EIA reports and reviews, and EIA links.
- Centre of Environmental Science (CML) - Section Substances and Products: Leiden university group, specializing in life cycle assessment and substance flow analysis. Provides information on the group, its ongoing projects and several downloadable papers and reports.
- Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context: International EIA convention signed in 1991. Text, ratification status, implementation reports, and related resources.
- EIA Centre, University of Manchester (UK): Educational programs, analyses, and links related to environmental impact assessment.
- Environmental Analysis: Ivan Bortoluzzi's website includes introductory information on environmental analysis, methodologies for impact assessment and strategic environmental assessment, and links to laws and case studies from around the world.
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Irrigation and Drainage Projects: Guide for consultants and planners in developing countries, from FAO.
- Environmental Impact Assessment WWW Links: Compiled by Manchester EIA Centre
- Environmental Impact Assessment in Malta: Describes EIA procedures that operate in Malta, including a summary of the Environmental Statement, the terms of reference and the site plans for development applications that require an EIA.
- Environmental Impact Assessment in New York State: Regulations and related requirements, guidance for analyzing impacts, electronic copies of past state EISs, and downloadable forms.
- Environmental Impact Assessment in South Africa: Environmental consultant offers his services and provides information about the law and EIA process.
- European Community Environmental Impact Assessment: Legal requirements and guidance on EU EIA and strategic environmental assessment (SEA).
- International Study of the Effectiveness of Environmental Assessment: Report completed in 1996 addresses experiences in several countries in different world regions.
- Nordic Network for Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, and Regional Development: Includes newsletters and proceedings of past conferences on EIA and SEA.
- Swedish EIA Centre: Information about impact assessment in Sweden. Most reports and other resources are only in Swedish.
- The California Environmental Quality Act: Statute, guidelines, case law, FAQs, online archive of environmental assessment reports, and other resources related to the state impact assessment law.
- U.S. DOD National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Process Review Forum: Forum to foster the exchange of information and ideas related to the NEPA process.
- U.S. Department of Energy NEPA Web: Site contains DOE NEPA regulations and guidance, text of many DOE EISs and EAs, and links to other resources on NEPA and environmental impact assessment.
- U.S. General Services Administration NEPA Call-In: Provides NEPA compliance guidance to GSA employees and contractors.
- UN Environmental Programme EIA Training Resource Manual: Provides general background on project EIA as part of a more complex system of strategic EIA, offers a format for training needs analysis which can be used regionally, nationally and locally, and draws on a bank of training materials.
- US EPA Life-Cycle Assessment: Site established to promote the use of LCA to aid in understanding the human health and environmental impacts of products, processes, and activities. Includes primer on LCA and links to related materials.
- US EPA Office of Federal Activities - NEPA: About the agency's filing and review of US environmental impact statements (EISs), EPA compliance with NEPA, and technical assistance and capacity building for environmental compliance, enforcement, and impact assessment in other countries.