Search Home : Science : Environment : Organizations
- Alaska Forum for Environmental Responsibility: An organization dedicated to holding industry and government accountable to the laws designed to protect Alaska's environment.
- Australian Association of Bush Regenerators: AABR was established out of concern for the continuing survival and integrity of bushland and its dependent fauna in or near bushland areas, and seeks new members and friends for promoting good work practices in natural areas.
- Australian Conservation Foundation: Australia's leading environment `group` covers national environmental issues: forests, national parks, uranium mining, global warming, world heritage, rivers, recycling, pollution, wilderness and endangered species.
- Bushcare Tasmania: Bushcare is a program to help landowners and community groups manage native bush. This site helps you assess native bush on your property and develop strategies to manage it for the future.
- Canadian Council on Ecological Areas: The CCEA is committed to establishing a comprehensive network of protected areas linked together in a system that will protect Canada's terrestrial and aquatic diversity in perpetuity.
- Center For Alaskan Coastal Studies: The (CACS) is an nonprofit environmental education organization in Homer, Alaska.
- Center for Ecosystem Survival: Committed to the advancement of worldwide conservation through the preservation of threatened habitats around the world. CES provides a vital opportunity for individuals to do their part in the preservation of the world's natural resources.
- Center for Environmental Information, Inc.: 25 Years of environmental communication, education, and information.
- Center for Public Environmental Oversight: Promotes and facilitates public participation in the oversight of environmental activities, including but not limited to the remediation of federal facilities, private "Superfund" sites, and Brownfields.
- Center for Respect of Life and Environment: The work of the Center is to awaken people's ecological sensibilities and to transform lifestyles, institutional practices, and social policies to support the community of life.
- Center for the National Institute for the Environment: National Library for the Environment Online. Very comprehensive collection of environmental related resources.
- Children of the Baltic: Organization works in the field of ecological education and protection of nature on the south coast of Gulf of Finland in the Saint Petersburg and Lomonosov town (Leningrad region).
- Citizens's Environment Coalition: CEC is an information clearinghouse and communications network for environmental issues in the Houston/Galveston,Texas, area.
- Clean Islands International, Inc.: Providing educational and technical assistance to island communities (Caribbean region) for the preservation and beautification of indigenous natural environments and the sustainable development of proper solid waste handling practices.
- Cold Mountain, Cold Rivers: A non-profit environmental and human rights `group` based in Montana. Areas of focus include: toxics, chlorine, pulp and paper, forest health, buffalo, local campaigns and, videography.
- Colorado Natural Areas Program: Information on Colorado native plant communities, geologic formations, paleontological localities and habitat for rare plants or animals, native plant revegetation guide, wetlands best management practices, research grant information, and weed management.
- Conservation Foundation: The `group` was founded by David Bellamy and David Shreeve to provide a means for people in public, private, and non-profit sectors to collaborate on environmental causes.
- David Suzuki Foundation: An environmental non-profit organization registered in Canada, working to design a vision of Earth in which humans live within the planet's productive capacity, and finding and communicating practical steps to bring that vision to reality.
- EMonument: Organization providing assistance in quality assurance management for the environment. Operates internationally. Information about past projects and recommended approaches for addressing food safety, obsolete pesticide disposal, and other problems.
- Earth Island Institute: Innovative Action for the Environment: Environmental Organization: Develops & supports projects that counteract environmental threats. Issues: sustainable development, biodiversity, restoration, global warming, social justice, oceans, forests
- EnviroLink Library: Environmental Organizations: A database of thousands of environmental organizations, organized by topic.
- Environmental Alliance for Senior Involvement: Economic and environmental realities are the foundation of a sustainable environment for our children and grandchildren. To be successful in developing and maintaining a sustainable environment we need to draw on the life experiences, professional talents, time and skills of a most precious but underutilized natural resource: our senior citizens.
- Environmental Council of the States [ECOS]: U.S. national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental commissioners. Site helps provide an exchange of ideas, views and experiences in environmental regulation and management, as well as state positions on national environmental issues.
- Environmental Institute of Houston: EIH was created to address real and potential issues of environmental concern, such as loss of biodiversity, health risks from pollution, failure of food supplies, and depletion of natural resources.
- Environmental Support Center: ESC improves the environment in the United States by assisting grassroots environmental nonprofits.
- European Centre for Nature Conservation: Purpose is to further European nature conservation by bridging gap between science and policy. ECNC has become a renowned expertise centre offering support to the development, review and implementation of European nature conservation.
- European Federation for Transport and Environment: A European umbrella for NGOs working in the field of transport and environment, promoting an environmentally responsible approach to transport.
- Global NEST: Global Network for Environmental Science and Technology: Network of scientists and engineers addressing environmental problems around the globe. Includes discussion forums and conference information.
- Global Resource Action Center for the Environment (GRACE): Works to form new links with the research, policy and grassroots communities to preserve the future of the planet and protect the quality of the environment.
- Great Lakes Environment - USEPA: A key source of Great Lakes environmental information.
- Great Lakes Protection Fund: A private, nonprofit corporation formed in 1989 by the Governors of the Great Lakes States. It is a permanent environmental endowment that supports collaborative actions to improve the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
- Green Corps - Field School for Environmental Organizing: Green Corps' one-year, full time, paid program gives you the best training available to launch an environmental/social organizing and advocacy career.
- ITDP-The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy: (ITDP)promotes environmentally sustainable transportation policies and projects worldwide, acting to counter automobile dependence in developing countries and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Information Center for the Environment (ICE), University of California, Davis (UCD): Information Center for the Environment is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection.
- Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management: The Institute currently has around 1000 members drawn from local authorities, government agencies, industry, environmental consultancy, teaching/research, and voluntary environmental organisations. Membership is encouraged both from individuals and organisations actively working in the field and from people with a general interest.
- International Arid Lands Consortium: Group's vision is to transform arid lands into more habitable environments to advance the well-being of the people who inhabit the areas.
- International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement: INECE is an international partnership promoting compliance and enforcement of domestic and international environmental laws through networking, capacity building, and enforcement cooperation.
- L i g h t H a w k: A non-profit, environmental organization which uses the power of flight to conserve and protect the earth's diverse ecosystems, plant and animal life, and natural resources.
- LEANweb: The Louisiana Environmental Action Network is dedicated to making Louisiana safe for future generations. The site serves as an information center for people who have concerns about the environment.
- Living Earth: An international organisation which encourages people to learn and work together to resolve the environmental issues which concern them. Their programmes address a wide range of issues.
- Marine Conservation Society: UK charity dedicated to the protection of the marine environment and its wildlife. Includes information about marine resources and current threats.
- National Council for Science and the Environment: Broad-based US consortium working to improve the scientific basis for environmental decisionmaking. Includes organization information, news, issues papers, and directories of university environmental programs and other resources.
- National Environmental Trust: Learn more about global warming, air pollution, children's environmental health and heritage forests and what you can do to help solve them.
- National Parks and Conservation Association: Site provides information on US national parks and campaigns to protect these natural, historic and cultural treasures.
- Natural Areas Association: The Natural Areas Association works to inform, unite, and support persons engaged in identifying, protecting, managing, and studying natural areas and biological diversity.
- Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides (NCAP) Home Page: Works to protect people and the environment by advancing healthy solutions to pest problems.
- Parks and Wildlife Foundation: Designed to accept contributions, real or personal property, grants or bequests. These gifts will be used to benefit park development and wildlife preservation and enhancement.
- PlaNetwork: An association of people promoting the use of information technology to assist towards the goal of ecological sustainability and social justice. Lists objectives and events.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: Conservation: RBG Kew is widely recognised as one of the leading centres for advice and action on aspects of plant and fungal conservation. Conservation programmes are undertaken on a wide range of endangered and threatened plants and their habitats.
- Saskatchewan Eco Network: Deals with Ecological and Environmental issues in Saskatchewan, Canada, and the rest of the world.
- Save Our Canyons: Dedicated to Protecting the Beauty and Wildness of the Wasatch Canyons, Mountains and Foothills in Utah
- Sefton Coast: Local conservancy `group` in Sefton, England. Information on ecology, biology, coastal management, sand dunes, and other aspects of conservation of the English coast.
- Slide Ranch: Teaches practical lessons about basic human needs - food, clothing and community - in order to promote awareness of agriculture, its processes and products, more sustainable use of natural resources, a personal sense of connection with the natural world, and with the environment.
- The Conservation Alliance of the Great Plains: A not-for-profit organization dedicated to environmental research, education, and advocacy on the Great Plains and beyond.
- The Ecology Action Centre: An active advocate in protecting the environment since 1972.
- The Lloyd Center for Environmental Studies: A non-profit organization that provides education programs and conducts research to develop a scientific and public understanding of the coastal, estaurine, and watershed environments in southeastern New England.
- Tongass Conservation Society: TCS is the conservation conscience of Ketchikan, Alaska, and is dedicated to preserving the biodiversity of the many island forests of the Tongass through protection of habitat from the pressures of industrial exploitation.
- Transboundary Environmental Information Agency: Goal is to promote international cooperation on a non-governmental level by assisting in the distribution of information across border areas in the Baltic states and northwestern Russia.
- Zoological Society of Montreal: A non-profit organization which promotes and develops an interest in and knowledge and protection of wildlife, particularly in Canada.
- the Harmony Institute: Plans to showcase model programs of animal and horticulture therapies, have the Albert Schweitzer Campus for the education of interactions between humans, animals and the natural environment and advise on the development of a sustainable community including special amenities and services for companion animals to be named Harmony, FL.
This category in other languages: