Search Home : Science : Environment : Pollution Prevention and Recycling
- Aberdeen Proving Ground Pollution Prevention Program: Highlights pollution prevention activities and hazardous material management at Aberdeen Proving Ground.
- Buy Recycled: EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines: Recycled content guidelines and other information for U.S. federal government procurement. Includes directories of manufacturers of a wide range recycled products for industrial, commercial, and household use.
- Canadian Pollution Prevention Information Clearinghouse: Environment Canada's pollution prevention (P2) website and database featuring general information, tools, legislation, success stories, and technology.
- Cleaner Production in China: On implementation of cleaner production (pollution prevention) in China's industries. Case studies, information on policy, strategies and legislation, and general information and links on industrial ecology, life cycle assessment, ISO 14000, and related topics.
- EDF's Pollution Prevention Alliance: Promotes pollution prevention and sustainable communities in the Great Lakes region. Site has information resources on P2.
- EPA's Extended Product Responsibility (EPR) Site: This site provides information on the EPR concept, what initiatives are underway in the U.S. and internationally, and a wealth of related resources such as public-private alliances, academic research, publications, and involved organizations.
- EPA's Pollution Prevention Home Page (OPPT): U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Pollution Prevention & Toxics Pollution Prevention Program. The Pollution Prevention Act of 1990. At EPA, pollution prevention means source reduction.
- Earth 911: Guide to local resources including recycling centers, how to recycle, pollution prevention and how help protect the environment.
- Environment Canada's Extended Producer Responsibility and Stewardship: Describes and inventories practices that shift responsibilities for managing product-related waste from general taxpayers to producers and consumers of products.
- Environmental Compliance Information for Vehicle Maintenance Shops: Compliance manual and other materials. Although written for Indiana shops, the information is applicable throughout the United States.
- Envirosense: EPA's main pollution prevention web site. Includes links to databases and publications.
- Friendly Packaging: About a project at the University of York that aims to produce and fully characterize a novel biocompostable plastic.
- Green Truck: Environmental, regulatory and compliance policies related to the trucking or truck repair industry.
- Greening Industry: A site for researchers, government officials, and citizens interested in understanding and improving control of industrial pollution, especially in developing countries. NIPR is the primary source for materials produced by the World Bank's Economics of Industrial Pollution Control Research Project.
- Indicators of Pollution Management: Article from World Bank's Pollution Prevention and Abatement Handbook.
- LitterButt.com: Help stop LitterButts by reporting license plates of violators.
- Local Government Central: Information and tools to help local governments reduce, reuse, recycle and decrease the amount of solid waste going to landfills. Includes waste stream analysis tools. From State of California Integrated Waste Management Board.
- NRDC: Recycling: Reports, fact sheets and guides to recycling from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- No Butts About It Litter Campaign: Highlights a litter campaign that promotes the use of disposable ashtrays.
- North Carolina Division of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Assistance: Information and education resources on recycling, environmental management systems, and pollution prevention
- Nova Scotia Pollution Prevention: Nova Scotia Department of the Environment, Pollution Prevention Section Homepage
- Ohio EPA Office of Pollution Prevention: Case studies and technical pollution prevention documents for businesses. Also, free pollution prevention technical assistance services for Ohio Companies.
- One Gulf One Community: Provides tips to protect the Gulf of Mexico's environment. Includes fact sheets and where to dispose of household hazardous waste.
- Oregon Commercial Waste Reduction Clearinghouse: State information center on waste reduction program set-up, resources, and contacts, targeted to local governments, businesses, and the refuse industry.
- Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center: Extensive source of information on pollution prevention technologies and implementation, for industry, commerce, and households. Includes many relevant internet links.
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Recycling Page: Information regarding PENNDOT's Strategic Recycling Program.
- Pollution Prevention Regional Information Center: Pollution prevention (P2) information for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and other areas. Includes news, on-line information searches, librarian services, event calendar, service provider and consultant directories, program and project updates, mailing lists, and links.
- Pollution Prevention at Home: Consumer Pollution Prevention information from Ohio EPA Office of Pollution Prevention.
- Reduce Garbage: Extensive collection of tips on avoiding waste generation by reusing trash.
- Rubberized Asphalt Concrete Technology Center (RACTC): A cooperative effort by California governments to promote the use of crumb rubber from scrap tires in roadway rehabilitation. Information on rubberized asphalt concrete technology.
- The Pollution Prevention (P2) Coalition of Palm Beach County: Dedicated to reducing or eliminating pollution at its source. Site has information and links on pollution prevention, including P2 vendors.
- The Search for Safer and Greener Chemical Solvents in Surface Cleaning: PhD thesis on environmentally friendly cleaning solvents.
- The Southwest Network for Zero Waste: Network of pollution prevention specialists in the southwestern US. Success stories, news, events announcements, description of programs, and contacts.
- UK DEFRA Pollution Prevention and Control: UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs' information on pollution prevention and control including the latest on the IPPC regulations.
- User Guidelines for Waste and Byproduct Material in Pavement Construction: Extensive technical `resource` maintained by U.S. Federal Highway Administration.
- WASCON 2000: The International Conference on the Science and Engineering of Recycling for Environmental Protection. (Including Construction with Alternative Materials.) Harrogate, Yorkshire, England, May-June 2000.
- Waste Management Trends and Comments: Online newsletter published by Waste Management Materials Marketing. Provides a survey of U.S. market conditions and prices for fiber and non-fiber municipal recyclables.
This category in other languages: