Search Home : Science : Environment : Publications : Journals
- African Journal of Environmental Assessment and Management: Intended to be an academic journal as well as a "best practice" forum on the environmental impact assessment experience in Africa. Full text is online.
- BioCycle magazine: Journal of Composting and Recycling. Business-oriented information on composting, anaerobic digestion and biofuels processing.
- Canadian Journal of Environmental Education: A refereed journal published once a year. It seeks to further the study and practice of environmental education by providing a thoughtful forum for researchers, scholars, practitioners, and post-secondary students.
- Consequences: The Nature and Implications of Environmental Change: Free journal intended to provide reliable assessments of practical concerns related to the national and international consequences of changes in the global environment. Funding is provided by U.S. NOAA, NASA and NSF.
- EPPIC Environmental Index: A listing of articles from over 40 publications and various conference proceedings available on CD ROM. Features news, updates, list of sources, links and information on ordering.
- Earth Focus: Publication designed especially for young environmentalists. All articles and research reports are written by upper elementary, middle, or high school students.
- Electronic Green Journal: Peer Review journal at University of Idaho
- Enviroinfo's List of Environmental Periodicals: List of links for more than 800 journals and magazines. Alphabetical by title.
- Environment International: Publishes research about environmental risk and the relationships between exposure to contaminants and environmental health.
- Environment Writer: Monthly journal on environmental health topics, primarily for environmental journalists. Full text content online.
- Environmental Conservation: Quarterly journal comprehensively addressing the policy, practice and natural and social science of environmental concerns at a global level. Free access to table of contents; full text by subscription.
- Environmental Forensics: Journal on scientific investigations that address environmental contamination within the environmental media of air, water, soil and biota, and that are subject to law court, arbitration, public debate, or formal argumentation.
- Environmental Modeling and Assessment: Journal focuses on the use of models and integrated assessment as tools for the solution of environmental problems.
- Environmental Modelling and Software: Publishes research articles, review papers and short communications on recent advances in environmental modelling and software. Published by Elsevier Science. Online contents for subscribers.
- Environmental Practice: Journal of the National Association of Environmental Professionals. Information for contributors, subscription information, and tables of contents.
- Environmental Research: A Journal of Environmental Medicine and the Environmental Sciences: Aims to define the etiology of environmentally induced illness and to increase understanding of the mechanisms by which environmental agents cause disease.
- Environmental Science Journals: A variety of links to environmental journals and journal publishers.
- Environmental Science and Technology: Publishes news and research in diverse areas of environmental science and engineering. Table of contents and some current material are free; extensive content with paid subscription.
- Florida Journal of Environmental Health: Official publication of the Florida Environmental Health Association. Includes descriptions of articles in recent issues.
- IASB (International Academy @ Santa Barbara): Environmental Periodicals Bibliography (EPB) is the authoritative guide to periodical literature on the environment. Indexed citations to more than 600,000 articles published over 26+ years. Since 1997 authors' abstracts have been included. Available on the Internet as the Environmental Knowledgebase (subscription required).
- Illinois Environmental Compliance: Illinois' sole independent source of environmental regulation, policy and enforcement data.
- International Journal of Ecology and Environmental Sciences: Interdisciplinary journal of pure and applied ecology and environmental science, particularly in developing countries, published by India's National Institute of Ecology. Tables of contents, recent abstracts, instructions to authors, and other information.
- International Journal of Wilderness: A forum for reporting and discussing wilderness ideas and events; inspirational ideas; planning, management, and allocation strategies; education; research and policy aspects of wilderness stewardship.
- Journal of Environmental Biology: Publishes research on all areas of environmental science and toxicology. Includes subscription information, abstracts from recent issues, and instructions to authors.
- Journal of Environmental Quality: Publishes research on various aspects of environmental quality in natural and agricultural ecosystems. General information, tables of contents, and abstracts are available without subscription.
- Journal of International Wildlife Law & Policy: The Journal focuses on the effectiveness of international wildlife treaty regimes and conservation policies. Primary audiences for the journal are academic researchers, NGOs and government wildlife agencies.
- Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management: International peer-reviewed journal covering landfill, recycling, waste-to-energy, waste reduction, waste policy, waste economics, composting, waste transfer, waste collection, municipal waste, industrial waste, residual waste and other solid waste management and technology subjects.
- Land Use and Water Resources Research: Interdisciplinary electronic journal on the ecological, economic, climate change, socio-economic, policy and sustainable development dimensions of water resources and land use. Free access with registration.
- Marine Environmental Engineering: Interdisciplinary journal focused on applied science and engineering. Topics include ocean currents, waves, and transport processes, ocean instrumentation, and applications to marine waste disposal, fisheries management, dredging, beach erosion, oil spill prevention and remediation, and aquatic toxicology.
- MedBioWorld's Environment, Conservation and Ecology Journals: A large internet directory of environmental journals.
- OnEarth Magazine: Magazine on environmental affairs, particularly those relating to policies. Published by the Natural Resources Defense Council, previously known as "The Amicus Journal."
- Organization and Environment Journal: International journal of ecosocial research. Forum for discussion of the complex social causes and consequences of environmental damage, restoration, sustainability, and liberation.
- Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment: Indian journal in the environmental sciences. Includes editorial, abstracts, message board, chat, and guest book.
- Soil and Sediment Contamination, An International Journal: Bi-monthly, internationally peer-reviewed publication covering analytical chemistry, site assessment, environmental fate, environmental modeling, remediation techniques, risk assessment, regulatory issues, and legal considerations.
- The Columbia Journal of Project Siting and Management: New, refereed interdisciplinary journal dedicated to examining siting processes and their implications for policy. The siting of a range of projects from hazardous nuclear waste facilities to bicycle paths represents one on the most significant contemporary policy challenges confronting all nations.
- The European Journal of Mineral Processing and Environmental Protection (EJMP&EP): Covers developments in the fields of mineral processing, extractive metallurgy and environmental protection. Published in Turkey. Find information on scope, subject guide, and submission details. Some content available for free download.
- The Journal of Environment and Development: Covers environmental policy, concentrating on sustainable development issues. In English.
- The Journal of Environmental Management: Publishes papers on all aspects of management and use of the environment, both natural and man-made.
- Women in Natural Resources: A natural resources journal that combines the best elements of a technical journal, the informal style of a newsletter, and the reader-friendly format of a magazine. Designed and written by women in forestry, fisheries, wildlife, range, recreation, soils, and the environmental and social sciences.