Search Home : Science : Environment : Water Resources
- A-S: Water Quality Knowledge Online: Information on water `resource` topics, including biology, chemistry, limnology, and drinking water.
- Aral Sea Story: Information on the drying up of the Aral Sea which was once the fourth biggest inland sea in the world.
- Asian Water Scientist Network: Includes a directory of water scientists in Asia and worldwide listings of upcoming conferences of possible interest.
- Australian Water Web: A web site built by the students and teachers of Casino High School, NSW, Australia. Plan to present information about our local waterways, projects and world wide discussion forums. Topics: wetlands, platypus.
- California Bay-Delta Authority: About programs to develop and implement a long-term comprehensive program to restore ecological health and improve water management in the San Francisco Bay-Delta ecosystem.
- Canada and Freshwater - Experience and Practices: 1998 report about the state of national water quantity, use, and quality. Provides an overview of sustainable water management in Canada encompassing partnerships, an ecosystem approach, and the role of science, as well as a perspective on international concerns related to freshwater.
- Canada's Aquatic Environments: This large, comprehensive website details the aquatic habitats, animals and plants of Canada
- Canada's National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI): information about releases of pollutants into air, water and land, from Environment Canada
- Christina River Basin / Watershed of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania: Information hub and method of public outreach for enhancing informed public participation in watershed management in the Christina River Basin of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
- Delaware's Pollution Control Strategy: Working through Tributary Action Teams it is designed to educate about water pollution prevention in Delaware's watersheds. Includes resources to learn how to be effective in preventing water pollution.
- EA2-Evansville Water Web Site: Evansville Water Utility; learn about water quality, the facility, research, education programs, conservation, history and what's new.
- EDF Chemical Scorecard: Toxic Release Inventory data for the US. Sources and amounts of toxic chemicals released to air and water. Also has information on health effects and other topics.
- Environment Canada's Freshwater Web site: Frames version: Organized by issue, the site is designed to educate us about the importance and extent of fresh water in Canada. Topics include: the nature of water, water management, policy and legislation, and water and culture. Also links to other water-related Web sites.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Water: US federal agency responsible for protecting and improving water quality. Site includes details of national water programs, online library, local information, laws, and kids page.
- GIWA - Global International Waters Assessment: Led by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the aim of GIWA is to produce a comprehensive and integrated global assessment of international waters. Information is available in English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
- Global Water Partnership: They support integrated water resources management programmes by collaboration, at their request, with governments and existing networks and by forging new collaborative arrangements.
- Hillslope and Watershed Hydrology Lab, Oregon State University: Conducts research on the hydrologic cycle, particularly runoff generation processes in diverse watersheds. Includes publications and presentations, information about opportunities for students, and related links.
- Hydrologic Engineering Center (HEC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: Research, training, and software for hydrologic engineering and water resources planning and management.
- Hydrology-Related Internet Resources: Compiled and maintained at Pacific Northwest National Laboratories.
- International Network on Water, Environment, and Health: Part of United Nations University. Fosters the application of appropriate technologies to meet water needs and assist environmental industries in developing countries.
- Isotopes in Water and Environmental Management: Uses of isotopes (both stable and radioactive) and isotope data in hydrology. Source is IAEA.
- Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program: Public education `resource` about watersheds, water quality, and preventing water pollution.
- MedBioWorld's Hydrology Journals: Bioscience journal directory site presents hydrology, marine science, freshwater science and aquaculture journals.
- Netherlands Water Partnership - Water Information Network: Comprehensive database of the Netherlands water community. Includes information on organisations with their geographic/technical areas of expertise, water projects, and international water events. Describes water issues and projects in all parts of the world.
- Resources for the Future Library: Water: Research reports (PDF format) and project summaries related to economic and policy aspects of water allocation/management and water quality improvement. Sample topics include marketing water, water as a source of international conflict, economic value of fresh water, and cross-media pollution.
- Rock Island Corps of Engineers Water Information: Provides current water levels, archived data, and water level forecasts for the Rock Island District Water Management Center.
- Scientific American: How We Can Do It: Article about options for ensuring future water supply, including desalination, reducing demand, large-scale transport, and recycling. By Diane Martindale and Peter H. Gleick.
- Snow Hydrology Research Group, UC Santa Barbara: Information about research on watershed hydrology and modeling, remote sensing, and data management. Freely downloadable software for snow hydrology and hydrochemistry.
- Southeast Watershed Research Laboratory: Branch of the USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) collecting water `resource` related data to monitor the environment as it is affected by land use.
- Spatial Hydrology: Internet directory for hydrologic modeling, GIS, GPS and remote sensing.
- The World's Water: Supplement to the book, The World's Water 1998-1999: The Biennial Report on Freshwater Resources, by Peter H. Gleick. A comprehensive source of information on worldwide freshwater resources and the political, economic, scientific, and technological issues associated with them. Provides analysis of trends and events and up-to-date data on water resources and their use.
- U.S. Water News On-Line: Coverage includes water supply, water quality, policy and legislation, litigation and water rights, conservation, climate, and international water news.
- UNESCO Water Portal: Database access and worldwide news and information on fresh water topics, including scientific policies, programmes, forums, events, photos and links.
- USEPA - Biological Indicators of Watershed Health: Water quality and how aquatic life (fish, invertebrates, algae) is used to measure the overall health of the nation's waters. Lots of links to state and federal programs as well as other sites.
- USGS -- Water Resources of the United States: Home page for water resources information from the U.S. Geological Survey. Topics include ground water, surface water, water use, water quality, acid rain, toxic substances hydrology.
- UW Extension water & natural resources: Information about water quality programs and related environmental concerns in Wisconsin.
- UWIN: Universities Water Information Network: Purpose is to provide a comprehensive information `resource` for water professionals.
- University of Florida Water Resources Research Center: Funding research projects in Florida, offering descriptions of these grants, information on other water `resource` news and links to government and university sites.
- University of Minnesota Extension Service -- Water Quality: Information for citizens interested in water quality, for water educators, and for Extension personnel. Extensive collection of links and other resources.
- University of New South Wales Water Research Laboratory: Information about research and consulting in hydrology, hydraulics, groundwater, coastal engineering, and related areas.
- WWW-Virtual Library: Irrigation and related topics: Well-organized and annotated index of on-line resources concerning irrigation, hydrology, and water resources.
- Water - European Environmental Agency: Collection of reports, links, and data sets on European water resources topics.
- Water Bank: Site dedicated to creating a marketplace for buyers and sellers of water rights, water utilities and water sources such as springs.
- Water Facts of Korea: Information on water resources, use, quality, organization, tariff and issues in South Korea. The growing disparity between water supply and demand and degrading water quality will make water cycles increasingly volatile for some regions, leading to more water shortages.
- Water Librarians' Home Page: Resources for librarians in water agencies and similar institutions.
- Water Online: For water and wastewater professionals. Industry news, regulatory updates, latest technology announcements and employment opportunities
- Water Web Consortium: Internet directory, webring, online forums, and international workshops intended to promote the sharing of information concerning water and the earth's environment.
- WaterModeling.org: Mailing list, technical glossary, and other information for professionals. Focused on computer modeling for hydrology and hydraulic engineering.
- Waternunc.com: Portal site for water businesses and the topic of water management, particularly in France.
- Watershed Atlas of the Allegheny River: Describes what a watershed is, how a water cycle works, and shows how the last glacier shaped the western Pennsylvania/southwest New York region. Focus is on how water workes within natural systems, and how human activities can impact water quality.
- World Water Conservation: Reports on the status of water supply and water-saving measures at various locations around the world.
- World Water Resources and Their Use: Information on quantities and forms of water worldwide, including discharge of rivers, as well as water use and demand. From UNESCO and Russian State Hydrologic Institute.
- Wyoming Water Resources Data System: The Water Resources Data System is a clearinghouse of hydrological and climatological data for the State of Wyoming
This category in other languages: