Search Home : Science : Math : Software : Graphing
- 3D Grapher: Plotting and data visualization programming for graphing and animating 2D and 3D equations and table charts. Allows some customization.
- 3DMath Explorer: Plots 2D and 3D graphs of mathematical functions and curves. Windows; 30-day limited trial version.
- ACE/gr: A 2D plotting tool for X Window System, with ports to other systems available. Also known as xmgr, this software is now superseded by Grace.
- Aabel: Statistical and Graphing Software for Mac OS X. Site provides screenshots and features list, together with pricing details and online ordering facility.
- Akapa Graphing Calculator: Plots 2-D equations from the web and prints or emails the results. Also standalone Windows version. Some services require free registration, limited to residents of North America.
- Analysis: Open source (GPL) windows software that can plot 2D and 3D graphs of functions. Includes description of features and screenshots.
- Analyzer: Function plotting program for windows. Site gives features list, screenshots, and allows download of a shareware version.
- Andrew Harmsworth's Graph Software Contest: A look at some useful graph drawing software.
- Arnab's Graph Explorer: Simple Windows freeware program for plotting and interactively exploring graphs of mathematical functions. Supports algebraic, trigonometric, and hyperbolic, and user defined functions.
- Autograph: PC software for teaching calculus, coordinate geometry, statistics and probability.
- Cirkulus DigiGraph: Windows software to digitize a scanned graph image. Site gives details of the product, and allows the download of an evaluation copy.
- Cradle Fields: A programming tool to plot and explore two dimensional math functions, such as cartesian y(x) and x(y) graphs, parametric and polar ones. Allows the user to have control over a coordinate space through interactivity of all the components of the graph.
- Create a Graph: Web-based graphing tool for producing bar, line, pie, and area charts from small sets of discrete data.
- CurvFit: A curvefitting program; Power, Exponential, and Lorentzian series are available math models. Learn to 'read' eigen-values of the Jacobian and Hessian matrices.
- CurvusPro: Macintosh equation-plotting software supporting both 2D and 3D graphs. Supports implicit functions, differential equation solutions, and vector fields.
- DPGraph: Visualization program supporting graphs in up to eight dimensions. Coded entirely in assembly language for optimized speed.
- DPlot: General purpose plotting program. It features multiple scaling types, several special purpose plots: tripartite grids, grain size distribution plots, polar plots, and contour plots of 3D data. Manipulation functions include FFT, filtering, smoothing.
- DataFit: Curve fitting and data plotting software. Accuracy of nonlinear regression results verified with NIST.
- DeadLine: Free windows software performing graph plotting and root-finding for algebraic functions. Site includes a features list and tutorial.
- Digitize It: Shareware that automatically pulls in numerical data from scanned graphs and transferred to a specified axes system. Can be saved in ASCII format, ready to use in other applications. Is able to import files from most image formats (gif, png, tiff,bmp). Runs on Windows and Linux. Includes 21 day free trial.
- Dr. Hanley's Science Graphs: Software for graphing equations and data. Supports multiple curves as well as parametric graphs. Plus version can graph multi-color contour lines.
- Equation Grapher: Function graphing software for windows, aimed at high-school pupils. Purchase online.
- FN Graph: Plotting program includes a customizable coordinate system, several graphs in a document, and shell integration. Supports basic arithmetic operators and a variety of other formulas. Contains tools for function evaluation, analysis and integration.
- FitAll: General purpose nonlinear regression analysis (curve fitting) tool from MTR Software. Windows. Free download of evaluation version.
- GLgraph: An OpenGL based function grapher for Linux, handling 3 unknowns (x,z,t) and producing a 4D function with 3 space and 1 time dimension. Free under GPL.
- GUIPlot: Creates X-Y data plots and histogram charts. Includes free demo download.
- Get Data: Allows the user to digitize a cartesian graph by setting points right over the bitmap and saving the results in text file.
- Grace: A WYSIWYG 2D plotting tool for the X Window System and M*tif. Ports to other systems (including windows) are also available. Site includes features overview, full documentation, and downloads.
- GrafEq: Program for graphing implicit relations. Designed for high school use, Windows and Mac evaluation versions available for download.
- GraphPad Prism: Combination of basic biostatistics, curve fitting and scientific graphing in one program. Available for Windows or Macintosh.
- Graphe Easy: 2d-graph plotting Windows software. Free demo version download.
- Graphis: Graphing plotting program for second and third dimensional data. Allows curves to be created from tabular information, or by using the VBScript scripting language. Uses windows. Includes free demo.
- Graphmatica: Equation plotter featuring symbolic differentiation and tangent lines. Graphs can be printed, copied to the clipboard, and saved as BMP or WMF files. Shareware.
- Gus and Gertie's Graphin' Gadget: Easy-to-use graphing package supporting Cartesian, parametric, and polar graphs. Many graph attributes can be customized, including color, line thickness, and zoom level.
- HandyGraph: Provides a convenient method to create and edit grids, blank graphs, and number lines within Microsoft Word. Free downloadable demo, Windows and Mac versions available.
- IGOR Pro: An interactive environment for experimentation with scientific and engineering data and for the production of publication-quality graphs and page layouts using Macintosh and Windows computers.
- Jpowered.com Bar Graphs: Creates two and three dimensional vertical bar, horizontal and stacked charts from files, databases scripts and server side processes. Lists features. Includes examples and free download demo.
- KaleidaGraph: Software for graphing and data analysis. Windows, MacOS. Purchase on-line or download free trial version.
- LiveWire: Graphing application that allows to effortlessly evaluate equations and functions graphically. Data can be pasted into various applications, graphs can be exported as images. It can evaluate equations producing data sets with 500,000+ elements.
- Magic Graph: Powerful and easy-to-use graphing tool for plotting and analysing graphs of mathematical functions. Fully customizable, supports wide variety of functions and provides you with analytical capabilities.
- MathGV: Mathematical function graphing software program for Windows. It can plot 2 dimensional, polar, and 3 dimension functions. Freeware.
- MathGrapher: Mathematical graphing tool for 2D and 3D functions, data, nonlinear curve fitting and integration of coupled ordinary differential equations.
- MoNooN Grapher: A collection of graphing programs, for plotting functions in 2D and 3D, rectanguluar and polar coordinates. [Windows shareware]
- MultyGraphiX: Generate 2D and 3D plots of explicit and parametric functions, in various coordinate systems. Site provides screenshots, features list, and alows download of an evaluation copy.
- Online Graphic Builder: Generate a graphic of an equation. Also you can download program (+sources) that can build animations of graphic that changes by parameter.
- PGPLOT Graphics Subroutine Library: The PGPLOT Graphics Subroutine Library is a Fortran- or C-callable, device-independent graphics package for making simple scientific graphs.
- Pacific Tech Graphing Calculator: Symbolic and numeric methods for visualizing two and three dimensional mathematical objects. Supports differential equations and integration. Available for Macintosh and Windows.
- Plane Graphic Calculator: Java applet that can interactively plot the graph of mathematical functions. Handles complex numbers, vectors, and parametric equations.
- Ploticus Data Display Engine: An alternative to gnuplot, GPL, command-line, with various style options. Program can plot date, time, and category data directly. [Unix/Win32]
- Quisoft's Visualizer: Web-based application for producing graphs of mathematical functions. [may not work in all browsers]
- RJS Graph: Produces scientific and mathematical graphs, and provides a range of data analyzing tools (including regression lines) with graph export facilities. [Windows freeware]
- Rt-Plot: A tool to generate Cartesian X/Y-plots from scientific data. View the changing graphs, including linear and non linear regression, interpolation, differentiation and integration, during entering.(Shareware)
- Shape Shifter: Draws graphs of equations written in algebraic form. Can be later adjusted by changing parameter values. Free download file and installation instructions. It is licensed under the GNU GPL.
- WestSide: Series of charting programs for processing numeric data to produce graphs. Supports two and three-dimensional graphing and contour plotting.
- ZunZun: Online data modeling and visualization. Fits 2D and 3D data to standard functions, and produces various plots, histograms, and error charts.
- plotutils: A GNU package for producing 2D plots in a variety of formats, built around an enhanced libplot C/C++ function library. Site provides links to documentation and other related software.