Search Home : Science : Math : Software : Typesetting
- Abacus Math Writer: A java stand-alone program that allows producing equations by transferring onscreen writing to an image. Includes illustrations and sample download.
- Applied Symbols: This company specializes in OpenType fonts for technical and mathematical publications.
- Don Knuth's Home Page: Author of TeX, the most prevalent mathematical and scientific typesetting system in academia.
- Editors and Typesetting: A collection of links to mathematical editors and typestting systems from the Math Forum.
- GIF Images for Math Symbols: A public-domain collection of over a thousand bit-mapped, 12-point, transparent GIFs of mathematical letters and symbols, suitable for display on a web page.
- Hermitech Formulator: A freeware mathematical equation editor for MS Windows. Equations can be imported to and exported from a representative subset of the presentation markup for MathML 2.0.
- IBM techexplorer Hypermedia Browser: Plug-in for Netscape Navigator to enable the display of TeX, LaTeX and MathML documents on the Web. Also available in ActiveX form for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- KFormula: A formula editor in the KOffice suite, distributed under GPL.
- Math Typesetting for the Internet: Complete guide for including math notation in web pages and e-mail messages. Includes links to necessary software and tools.
- MathEdit: Windows program to place typeset-quality mathematical equations into documents. Many features are available via keyboard shortcuts, making math typing faster by reducing mouse movements.
- MathEditor: Free equation editor to make mathematics and equations for HTML pages. Expressions are saved as HTML.
- MathML: W3C page on Mathematical Markup Language, a low-level specification for describing mathematics as a basis for machine-to-machine communication.
- MathML Central: A Wolfram Web Resource for MathML tools.
- MathML Equation Editor: Announcing soft4science MathEditor, a graphical MathML equation editor.
- MathType: Powerful mathematical typesetting program for word processing and desktop publishing documents. Professional edition of the Equation Editor package bundled with Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect, and Appleworks.
- OpenMath: Emerging standard for representing mathematical objects semantically, allowing them to be stored in databases and communicated over the World-Wide-Web.
- PLML: SGML DTD and tools for providing the structure of a LaTeX document in markup form.
- Publicon: A full-featured publishing system for the creation of professional-quality technical documents.
- SchemaSoft MathML to SVG Converter: MathML to SVG Converter on Windows 2000, 95, 98, and NT, Mac OS X and Red Hat Linux 7.2, or any other system that supports Java. Free download, source kit is available.
- SciWriter: An XML based WYSIWYG word processor for mathematics and text. The native document format is a subset of XHTML 1.1 and MathML 2.0 Presentation Markup.
- Swift: An equation editor in Java.
- aMath96: MS-Word template for quickly entering formulas without resorting to the equation editor. Uses standard characters.
- meditor: A text editor with some symbolic computation capabilities. Free under GPL.