Search Home : Science : Math : Software
- 3D-XplorMath: 3D-XplorMath is a mathematical visualization program for Macintosh computers running version 9 or later of MacOS. It is free for non-commercial use.
- Addix Software Consultancy: Suppliers of financial, mathematical and statistical function libraries and tools for use in Excel, VB and VBA. Page includes details about programs offered.
- Applied Mathematics Software: Shareware mathematical components and applications using Borland products.
- Arageli: C++ template library for computations in ARithmetics, Algebra, GEometry, Linear and Integer linear programming. Supports arbitrary length integers, rationals, vectors, matrices.
- Atlantis Graphing/Math Software: Includes Graphing, Curve-Fitting, Statistics, Roots of Polynomials, Matrix Algebra, Integration. Windows; free evaluation version, on-line ordering.
- Behavior Modeler: GrafiCalc allows users to simulate and solve a wide range of geometry based computational challenges.
- CORE: Supports exact comparisons for expressions involving arithmetic and square roots, or if desired, faster inexact comparisons. Designed for exact geometric computation.
- CPLEX: Mathematical Programming Software for `resource` optimization. Our linear, mixed-integer and quadratic programming solvers are known for superior performance and reliability--particularly on large, difficult problems.
- Calculus 1.0: Software for Windows by Ashay Dharwadker. Compute and graph functions, derivatives and integrals. Free limited evaluation version.
- Computational Finance and Mathematical Software Components: Applications in computational finance, signal processing, independent component analysis (ICA), time series analysis and data mining. ActiveX Controls that can be used in a wide range of Windows Application Development Environments. Purchase on-line.
- Curve Fit XYZ Computer Program: Curve fit program determines equation coefficients for functions y = f(x) and y = f(x,z). Polynomial, exponential and power form of the equation are included.
- DataTrend Software: Grab It allows a scientist or engineer to digitize data without a graphic tablet. Loads any graph or chart and digitizes the data accurately and in real time.
- EasyPlot: Scientific Graphing and Data Analysis.
- Eigenmath: Symbolic mathematics for Windows, MacOSX.
- Equation Editors by MGCSoft: Math equation and graphical editor.
- Euler: A numerical laboratory with a programming language, similar to Matlab.
- Euromath Support Center: Distribution and support of Euromath software (Bratislava, Slovak Republic). Unix version free to download.
- Exocortex.DSP: An open source digital signal processing library written in C#. Includes complex numbers classes, statistical functions and 1D, 2D and 3D fast Fourier transforms.
- Exterior Differential Calculus: Freeware enables Mathematica to carry out calculations with differential forms.
- Formula Interpreter ForInt: A free mathematical program with basic and higher functions. Free download, web demo version.
- Free Statistics on the Web: An index of free mathematical software
- GNU Octave: High-level language, primarily intended for numerical computations. Solves linear and nonlinear problems numerically, and uses a language that is mostly compatible with Matlab. It may also be used as a batch-oriented language.
- GNU Scientific Library: A free numerical library for C programmers. Includes over 1000 mathematical functions and algorithms. Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- GRAPE - Graphics Programming Environment: A package for mathematical visualization, particularly in the fields of differential geometry and continuum mechanics. Available free by FTP but only to university departments and similiar research sites and only for non-profit purposes.
- Graph Paper Printer: Program will generate different types of plotting pages, such as rectangular, polar, triangular, hexagonal coordinates and spiral. Uses equal divisions, which are customizable.
- Guide to Available Mathematical Software (GAMS): You can search for software according to: what problem it solves; package name; module name; and text in module abstracts.
- HPCC Software Exchange: A distributed collection of software, documents, data, and information for the high performance and parallel computing community.
- Hermetic Systems: Mathematical Items: Programs on mathematical themes, including programs for factoring numbers and for exploring the prime number spiral.
- HyperCube: Free Windows and Macintosh software, "HyperCube", to process digital imagery including multispectral and hyperspectral data.
- JEP - Java Math Expression Parser: An open-source Java API for parsing and evaluating mathematical expressions.
- JavaMath API: Sourceforge software to enable mathematical programs in Java to use the computational capabilities of existing compute engines.
- LiveMath: Computer algebra and graphing tool for Mac, Windows, Linux and Sun, formerly sold under the product names Theorist and MathView, with ancillary product Expressionist. Includes a browser plug-in.
- MathLib, computational engine (Matlab, octave style): MathLib is a powerful mathematical engine written in java. A huge amount of mathematical and engineering functions is available.
- MathTools: Mathematical routines by Bhuvanesh Bhatt for the TI-89/92+/V200 in Algebra, Number Theory, Statistics and applications.
- Mathematical & Scientific Computing Software: An environment for developing numerical computation programs and producing publication-quality documents with equations, graphs, and tables. Includes a program editor, a debugger, a scientific word processor, an equation editor, and a powerful high-level programming language that supports multidimensional arrays, complex numbers, and user-defined functions.
- Mathematical Software Resources: Numerical resources collected together by the ACM as part of its web site for the Transactions on Mathematical Software (TOMS).
- Mathematical Software Sources: Compiled at the University of Haifa.
- Mathematical and Statistical Software Available at NCSA: Lists the usage and availability of some mathematical software packages. Aimed at NCSA users but of general interest.
- Mathematics Archives - Other Software Sites: The Mathematics Archives' collection of links to other software sites.
- Mathematics Software: Collection in the Math WWW Virtual Library at FSU.
- Mathematics Software: Mathematics software from Global Shareware directory. Free downloads of Windows 95/98/2000/XP shareware.
- Mathomatic Home Page: A general purpose CAS for DOS, Windows, and Linux/UNIX. C source code under LGPL.
- Matrix ActiveX Component 3.0: An ActiveX DLL library that implements matrix algebra for mathematical computation in application development. Free trial download.
- Maxima for Symbolic Computation Program: Maxima is a Common Lisp implementation of MIT's Macsyma system for computer based algebra, released under the GNU Public License.
- My Arbitrary Precision Math Library (MAPM): A portable set of functions in C with C++ wrapper. Includes trigonometric functions.
- NCSA Software Development Group: Focuses on improving the productivity of researchers by providing software for scientific modeling, analysis, and visualization. Software available by FTP, email or on CDROM.
- Neon Programming: Used to compose new formulas and save them, which can later be edited and extended with additional information. Lists functions that can be used.
- Numerical Mathematics: Features programs that will find solutions for functions, equations, differential equations, regression, approximation, interpolation, linear algebra, integration, maxima and minima, and 3D graphing. Includes free download demonstrations and general explanation of methods used.
- Numerics for RAD: Dew Research produces an object oriented numerical library for Delphi Pascal and CBuilder. Additional component packages include signal processing and statistics.
- O-Matrix: A matrix-based scripting language and integrated computing environment. Win32. On-line ordering.
- Oorange: A Virtual Laboratory for Experimental Mathematics. Free software distributed under a GNU-like license agreement.
- OriginLab: Data analysis and graphics software. Technical charts for scientists and engineers. 2D and 3D plotting, statistics, curve fitting, and peak fitting.
- PLAPACK: A parallel linear algebra package from the University of Texas at Austin. It performs vector and matrix manipulations, with a high level of abstraction.
- Pavel Sakov's Software: Natural Neighbours Interpolation Orthogonal Grid Generation Quadratic Programming, developed for marine engineering applications using Linux by Pavel Sakov.
- Peanut Software: Free mathematics software for Windows. Individual software packages handle geometry, equations, statistics, discrete math, fractals, matrices, and games.
- Reviews: From the newsletter of the UK LTSN Maths, Stats and OR Network. Mainly in PDF.
- Scientific Visualization: Support for visualization of scientific data, from University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute.
- Scilab Home Page: Scilab is a scientific software package for numerical computations in a user-friendly environment.
- Search sci.math.symbolic: Teachers and students of symbolic mathematics will find others who share their interests at the sci.math.symbolic discussion list.
- Symaxx: Graphical frontend for the Maxima computer algebra system.
- SymbMath: Online calculator, math handbook, symbolic math and Computer Algebra System.
- TK Solver: Equation solving software for engineering and math modeling. Applications include plastic gear design, stress, mechanical, thermal, dynamics, machine design, chemical, and consulting.
- Table Curve 3D: Combines a powerful surface fitter with the ability to find the ideal equation to describe three dimensional empirical data. Windows. Free demonstration download.
- TableCurve 2D: Combines a powerful curve fitter with the ability to find the ideal equation to describe two dimensional empirical data. Windows. Free demonstration download.
- The ACTS Toolkit: A set of DOE-developed software tools that make it easier for programmers to write high performance scientific applications for parallel computers.
- The Object-Oriented Numerics Page: A collection of links to software and sites in computational science.
- University of Arizona Mathematical Software: A page with links to all mathematical and graphics software packages developed in the University of Arizona Mathematics Department. Both research-related and instructional packages are covered.
- VisualMath For Java: An online symbolic math and computer algebra system.
- XGOBI and XGVIS: A data visualization system for viewing high-dimensional data and proximity data as well as for graphs and networks.
- Yacas Computer Algebra System: Acronym for Yet Another Computer Algebra System, an open-source software package. Supports arbitrary precision arithmetic, matrices, and differential and integral calculus.
- dotNum - .NET Numerics: A free/open-source numeric class library for math, engineering, scientific and financial applications; written in C# for the .NET platform with native BLAS support.
- eLib: The Electronic Library for Mathematical Software at Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB).
- efg's Computer Lab: Cyclic Redundancy Code Calculator: Lab Report about computing CRC-16 and CRC-32 values using Delphi. Includes links and literature references.
- pro Fit: Software for the analysis and visualization of numerical data.
This category in other languages: