Search Home : Science : Physics : Astrophysics
- ADAF Theory: Accretion disk theory, mixing-length theory of convection, advection-dominated accretion flows.
- AMASE - Astrophysics Multi-spectral Archive Search Engine: An online astrophysics catalog developed using object-oriented database technology to help researchers locate multi-mission data in the NASA archives.
- Above the Skies, An Exploration into Our Universe Through Animated Spectroscopy: A description at the layman level about the applications of spectroscopy in the investigation of the Solar System, with interactive diagrams
- Astronomy and Astrophysics for all...: you can find every thing you want on this topic in this site...
- Astrophysical Data: A nice beginners collection of constants and other data, assorted in one page... Beginner level, with links to more advanced sites.
- Astrophysics: E-Print archive since April of 1992.
- Astrophysics and Astronomy: Introductory essays on astrophysics and astronomy.
- Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics: Nationally supported research centre. Find out about current research, upcoming seminars and job opportunities.
- Cause of the Characteristics of Quasars: Hypothesis which attempts to explain the characteristics of QSOs (Quasi-Steller Objects), a.k.a. quasars, as optical illusions created by gravitational lensing and other phenomena.
- Contents: Accretion in astrophysics - active galactic nuclei, processes and dynamics.
- Dyson Sphere: A list of frequently asked questions with answers.
- Famous Astrophysicists: Profiles several prominent astrophysicists.
- Fermilab Theoretical Astrophysics Group: Partially funded by a NASA Astrophysics Theory grant, find information about the group's past and future meetings.
- Grand Challenge Problems in Computational Astrophysics: Research session at the Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM), Los Angeles, CA, USA; 7 March - 10 June 2005.
- Gravity is Cool, or, Why our Universe is Hospitable to Life: Text of the 1999 Oppenheimer lecture at UC Berkeley given by professor Freeman Dyson on the origin of life and other subjects.
- Hands-On Astrophysics: Offers educational products that help students understand basic astronomy concepts.
- Hyperspace: Site devoted to hyperspatial theories.
- Interdisciplinary Astrophysics Group:
- Living Reviews in Solar Physics: A peer-refereed, solely online journal publishing invited reviews covering all areas of solar and heliospheric physics research. Published by the Max Planck Institute for Aeronomy, Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany.
- Modified Newtonian Dynamics: Overview of a controversial theory which is not generally accepted by the astrophysical community.
- NASA Astrophysics Data System: Search system for abstracts in astrophysics, planetary sciences and solar physics.
- Network Generator: Generates astrophysical reaction rates online using an extended database.
- Nuclear Astrophysics Data: An area for providing nuclear data for astrophysics calculations, such as nucleosynthesis, stellar evolution, the Big Bang, and super-nova dynamics.
- Olber's Paradox Solved: A well know problem from astrophysics, Olber's paradox (Why is the night sky dark?), solved. As well as Newton's related Gravity paradox.
- On the Formation of Planetary Rings: Paper presented in 1996 by L. A. Molnar and D. E. Dunn.
- Physics 208 - Introduction to Astrophysics: Course offered via The Electronic University, an educational outreach server at the University of Oregon.
- Physics Topics - Teaching Notes: Teaching notes on celestial mechanics, classical mechanics, and stellar atmospheres.
- Red Shift by Photon Decay: Author explains how Hubble's red shift of starlight spectra results from photon decay, proportional to traveled distance.
- SIMBAD Astronomical Database: The SIMBAD astronomical database provides basic data, cross-identifications and bibliography for astronomical objects outside the solar system. SIMBAD can be queried by object name, coordinates, other criteria (filters), and lists of objects.
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory: A research institute of the Smithsonian Institution headquartered in Cambridge, MA, where it is joined with the Harvard College Observatory (HCO) to form the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA).
- Solar System - Celestial Mechanics: Presents ideas about the rotation of the sun and planets.
- Space Physics Textbook: A free online textbook on space physics.
- Temporal Annex: Information mostly on the fourth dimension and theoretical physics.
- The Astrophysical Journal: Devoted to recent developments, discoveries, and theories in astronomy and astrophysics.
- The Electric Universe: Physics knows four forces; 20th-century scientists were convinced that one of those, the electric force, played no macroscopic role in the Universe; site explains why that is incorrect.
- The NASA Astrophysics Data System: The Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a NASA-funded project which maintains four bibliographic databases containing more than 4.0 million records: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation, Physics and Geophysics, and preprints in Astronomy.
- The Structure, Stability, and Dynamics of Self-Gravitating Systems: An interactive Astrophysics textbook from Louisiana State University.
- The Titius-Bode Number Sequence Deciphered: An explanation of the Titius-Bode Law of planetary spacing.
- Titius-Bode Law: Overview of the Titius-Bode Law.
- University of Surrey - Department of Physics (Research): University of Surrey abridged version of the book "Astrophysics" , with many links to relevant material on astronomy, astrophysics and cosmology.
- WCRI WalkerScience: Examines several aspects of astrophysics including the big bang, origin of heavy elements and satellites, dark matter and dark energy.
- You Be the Astrophysicist: Interactive site for learning about astronomy and astrophysics.
This category in other languages: