Search Home : Science : Physics : Conferences
- EP2DS-14 Prague: 14th International Conference on the Electronic Properties of Two-Dimensional Systems, Prague, Czech Republic : July 30 - August 3, 2001
- 100 Years of Quantum Theory: A symposium and celebration held in Berlin, Germany in December 2000 celebrating the 100th anniversary of Max Planck's famous lecture on the theory of black body radiation.
- 15th Workshops in Particle Physics, Italy: The Rencontres will bring together about 120 active experimentalists and theorists to review the status and the future prospects in elementary particle physics.
- 16th Annual Workshop on Nonlinear Astronomy and Physics: The objective of the workshop is to bring together for three days experts from galactic dynamics, solar system dynamics, and applied mathematics to discuss problems and recent progress which has been made in applying the technology of nonlinear dynamics to problems relevant to galactic astronomy and exo-solar planetary systems.
- 17th International Nuclear Physics Divisional Conference: Includes conference information, invited speakers, registration form, and travel information.
- 1st International Conference on Physics in Culture: This Conference deals with the development, adaptation and application of solid state physics methods for the study and treatment of cultural materials.
- 2000 CP Physics Conference: The Conference will focus on experimental and theoretical aspects of CP violation in elementary particle physics. It will consist of plenary sessions only, aimed at giving a complete picture of what is presently known and of the future progress in the field, both theoretically and experimentally.
- 2001 A Spacetime Odyssey: Two theories revolutionized the 20th century view of space and time: Einstein's General Theory of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Their union has spawned elementary particle theories with extra spacetime dimensions, the inflationary model of big-bang cosmology, dark matter in the universe, radiation from quantum black holes and the fuzzy spacetime geometry of superstrings and M-theory.
- 2nd East European Symposium on statistical physics and biological information: organized by East European Biology Society will be held in Bratislava, Slovakia within June 19th-23rd 2004. Limited number of participiants.
- 2nd International Conference on Materials Science and Condensed Matter Physics: 2nd International Conference on Materials Science and Condensed Matter Physics,21 Sep - 26 Sep 2004, Chisinau, Moldova, registration deadline: 07 Jun 2004.
- 2nd Russian Conference on Gallium, Aluminum and Indium Nitrides: 2nd Russian conference "Gallium, Aluminum and Indium Nitrides". Ioffe Institute of RAS, St Petersburg, February 3-4, 2003
- 34th Annual Modern Infrared Detectors and Systems Application 5-day short course in Santa Barbara: For 34 years the University of California in Santa Barbara has hosted an internationally recognized symposium on the newest advances in infrared thermography. June 16 - 20, 2003
- 4th International Conference on B Physics and CP Violation - BCP4: B factories offer various opportunities to look for new physics at presently accessible energies. Belle, Babar, and CLEO are taking data and the next few years represent very exciting period for B physics.
- 4th Sigrav Graduate School on Contemporary Relativity and Gravitational Physics: The SIGRAV Graduate School in Contemporary Relativity and Gravitational Physics is held annually at the Centre for Scientific Culture "Alessandro Volta", Villa Olmo, Como. It is primarily addressed to PhD students and young researchers in Physics and Mathematics who are interested in general relativity, astrophysics, experimental gravity and the quantum theories of gravitation.
- 5th Topical Workshop at the Gran Sasso Laboratory: The last round of solar neutrino experiments has not obtained a convincing proof ("smoking gun") of the oscillations: Distortion of the boron neutrino spectrum, day/night effect or seasonal variation of neutrino flux. The purpose of the workshop is to discuss how such proofs can be found in the future experiments.
- 6th International Conference on Nitride Semiconductors (ICNS-6): The conference will cover all aspects of group-III nitride semiconductors. 28 Aug - 2 Sep 2005, Bremen, Germany
- 9th Vienna Conference on Instrumentation: Topics : Instrumentation in High Energy and Nuclear Physics, Synchrotron Radiation and Neutron Experiments, Astrophysics, Biology, Medicine; associated Electronics Satellite Workshop on Applications, February 24, 2001 (W. Bartl, B. Sitar)
- APHYS-2003: First International Meeting on Applied Physics. Badajoz, Spain; 15--18 October 2003.
- Bianisotropics 2002: 9th International conference on Electromagnetics of Complex Media. Marrakech, Morocco; 8--11 May 2002.
- CLEO/IQEC 2004: The Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/International Quantum Electronics Conference are the most highly regarded conferences in the fields of lasers, electro-optics and quantum electronics. California 16-21 May 2004
- CNFT-2004: 2nd National Conference on Theoretical Physics. Constanta, Romania; 26--29 August 2004.
- Condensed Matter & Materials Physics Conference (2000): The annual CMMP meeting is a major international conference. This year it will be held in Bristol and will again have a range of symposia with speakers and contributors from the UK, elsewhere in Europe and beyond. The wide range of invited and plenary talks will cover novel aspects of condensed matter and materials physics and applications into other areas of science and technology.
- Cosmion-2001: 21 May of 2001 we commemorate the 80th Anniversary of Andrei Dmitrievich Sakharov. The foundation of CosmoParticle Physics, with which the progress in our fundamental knowledge is related, stands among the most important results of his scientific activity.
- Critical Stability III: Interdisciplinary Workshop on Dynamics and Structure of Critically Stable Few-Body Quantum Systems. ECT*, Trento, Italy; 31 August -- 6 September 2003. Attendance by invitation only.
- Diffractive Optics 2003 Conference: Use of microstructured optical components and wave optics in optical designs and applications. Oxford UK, 17-20 Sep 2003
- EPS-12: The 12th General Conference of the European Physical Society, "Trends in Physics". Budapest, Hungary; 26--30 August 2002.
- EPS2003 Meeting in Aachen: The International Europhysics Conference on High Energy Physics, EPS 2003, will be held in Aachen, Germany. The conference will consist of poster sessions, parallel sessions and plenary sessions. Germany, 17-2 July 2003
- ETOPIM 6: Sixth International Conference on the Electrical Transport and Optical Properties of Inhomogeneous Media. Geophysicists, physicists, mathematicians, and electrical engineers will participate. Snowbird, Utah, USA; 15--19 July 2002.
- ElectroWeak Interactions and Unified Theories 2001: The 36th Rencontres de Moriond session devoted to Electroweak Interactions and unified Theories will be held in Les Arcs 1800.
- Euroconference: Spin and Charge Transport in Nanostructures: A multidisciplinary conference with reviews by leading experts intended for young researchers. Grants available for young researchers from EC and associated states. Braga, Portugal, September 1 to 5, 2003
- Eurocvd 13: International conference on Chemical Vapor Deposition. Glyfada, Greece.
- European Conference on Organic Electronics and Related Phenomena 2003: European Conference on Organic Electronics and Related Phenomena 2003 ECOER
- Foundations of Probability and Physics - 2: [PDF file] Aims to discuss probabilistic foundations of classical and quantum physics. Includes contact information, arrangements and aims and objectives of the conference.
- From Solid State to Biophysics II: Conference aims to understande living matter which, given its enormous complexity, may require some of the techniques at least partly elaborated in solid state physics. Croatia 26 June - 2 July 2004
- Frontiers In Contemporary Physics - II: Topics : Search for the Quark-Gluon Plasma CP Violation and B Decays Cosmology: Cosmological Constant, CMB Spectrum, Early Universe Field Theory Developments in Neutrino Physics Highest Energy Cosmic Rays Tests of the Standard Model, and Beyond, With High Energy or High Statistics Data Prospects for Future Accelerator and Non Accelerator Programs
- High Energy Density Plasma Physics-2003: High Energy Density Plasma Physics 2003. Conference Details, General Info on the FSRC, Info on the FSRC Publications, and Tourist Info, California, 10-12 Feb 2003
- ICPS 2000 Zadar: International Conference for Physics Students in Zadar, Croatia (August 4-11, 2000).
- III Wandlitz Days On Magnetism: Local-Moment Ferromagnets: Unique Properties for Modern Applications. Berlin, Germany; 15-18 March 2004.
- INPC2001: INPC 2001 will have a very special character since it will be the first major international nuclear physics conference of the new millennium. The general theme of the scientific program will be "Nuclear Physics in the 21st Century."
- Intermag Europe 2002: An annual conference organised by the IEEE magnetics society on fundamental and applied magnetism. In 2002 the conference will be held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- International Conference For Physics Students (ICPS): A conference run by the International Association of Physics Students (IAPS). Reports on past and future conferences, including photographs, message board, and Powerpoint presentations used. 7-13 Aug 2003.
- International Conference for Physics Students 2002 Budapest: XVII International Conference for Physics Students ICPS2002. 20-28 Aug 2002, Budapest, Hungary.
- International Conference on Magnetism ICM 2003: The International Conference on Magnetism (ICM) belongs to a series of Conferences, held triennially under the auspices of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), with the purpose of providing a forum to the international magnetism community.
- Lake Louise Winter Institute 2001: Fundamental Interactions: The purpose of the Lake Louise Winter Institute is to explore recent trends in physics in an informal setting. The Winter Institute has been in existence since 1986.
- Latin American Workshop on Magnetism, Magnetic Materials and their Applications: Summary in pdf format. Advanced Materials Research Center (CIMAV), Chihuahua, México; 7--11 April 2003.
- MAMOA Workshop: National Workshop and International Symposium on the Mathematical Aspects of Modern Optics and Its Applications (WS-MAMOA), Physics Department, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), Bandung, Indonesia, from 29 January to 9 February, 2001.
- MULTIMETOX TEM'2002: International Workshop on microstructural characterisation of oxide films and multilayers by TEM and HREM. Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland; 26--27 September 2002.
- Mathematical Ideas in Nonlinear Optics: Workshop on Mathematical Ideas in Nonlinear Optics: Guided Waves in Inhomogenous Nonlinear Media. ICMS, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK; 19--23 July 2004.
- Microresonators as building blocks for VLSI photonics - Summer school - Erice (Italy) October 2003: The scope of the course is to provide state of the art information in the field of advanced devices for photonics and optical communication. The course focuses on the theory and application of optical microresonators for wavelength selection and routing, for switching and for high-speed modulation.
- NSREC - Nuclear and Space Radiation Effects Conference: IEEE sponsored meeting presenting the latest techniques for enhancing performance of microelectronic circuits used in radiation environments.
- NanoteC2001 Conference: The third international conference with the aim of promoting carbon science in the nano scale as, for example, fullerenes, nanotubes, nanowires, and sp3 forms. Brighton, Sussex.
- Non Linear Dynamics Conference: The Conference is a cross disciplinary meeting for all scientists interested in theoretical and experimental aspects of the applied non-linear dynamics, covering the whole spectrum from semiconductors to information technologies.
- Particle Astrophysics Winter School: The main goal of the school is to review major experimental efforts in the particle astrophysics field, their underlying theoretical motivation and implications.
- Photonics-2004: 7th International Conference on Optoelectronics, Fiber Optics and Photonics: "Photonics" is a series of international conferences organized biennially within India. Cochin, 8-11 Dec 2004
- PhysicsWeb - Events: Find information on physics conferences, workshops and summer schools.
- RIKEN Symposium: Soft dipole mode, coherent mode and molecular structure in drip line nuclei. Change of shell structure and new magicity in nuclei far from the stability line. Effects of halo and skin vs. deformation on radii, magnetic and quadrupole moments. ...
- Recent Advances in X-Ray Powder Diffraction: 27 November- 2 December 2004, Assiut, Egypt
- SCELL-2004 International Conference on the Physics, Chemistry and Engineering of Solar Cells: SCELL-2004 is intended as a vehicle for the dissemination of research results on materials science and technology related to photovoltaic, photothermal and photoelectrochemical solar energy conversion
- SESAPS 2003: The 70th annual meeting of the Southeastern Section of the American Physical Society. Holiday Sunspree Resort, Wrightsville Beach, Wilmington, NC, USA; 6--8 November 2003.
- Spanish Relativity Meeting ERE 2001: This is the site for the Spanish Relativity Meeting 2001 which will be held in Madrid at the Polytechnical University from 18-21 September 2001. The main topic will be Relativistic Astrophysics.
- Summer School: Physics of Advanced Materials, June 30 - July 11, 2003, Thessaloniki, Greece: The site contains: The subject of the conference, information for the participants, application form, fees info, maps etc. Thessaloniki, Greece, June 30 - July 11, 2003
- The Calorimetry Conference: Calcon2002: the 57th annual Calorimetry Conference. This year's symposia include: biothermodynamics, thermodynamic databases, nanotechnology, pharmaceutical research, and solution thermodynamics. Held August 11-16, 2002 at Rutgers University, NJ, USA.
- The Megagauss Institute: US sponsor of the Megagauss Conferences on high magnetic field science and applications - Information on Megagauss.
- The Society of Rheology 74th Annual Meeting: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA; 13--17 October 2002. On-line registration and submission process.
- The XXIII Conference on Solid State Science (ESSSA) Egypt: The XXIII Conference on Solid State Science & Workshop on Physics and Application Potential of Functional Ceramic Thin Films Sharm Al-Shiekh - Sinai - Egypt 28 Sept. - 2 Oct. 2002
- Third European Quantum Information Processing and Communication Workshop: The purpose of the workshop is to promote interaction across the broad subject area of Quantum Information Processing and Communication. Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland; 15--18 September 2002.
- Trends in Nanotechnology Conference (TNT2003): The aim of the "Trends in Nanotechnology" conference is to focus on the applications of Nanotechnology and to bring together in a scientific forum various groups throughout the world working in this field. TNT2003 will take place in Salamanca, Spain from September 15-19, 2003.
- Unifying Concepts in Glass Physics III: Conference and School. Bangalore, India. School: 25 - 26 June; Conference: 28 June - 1 July 2004.
- XXVI ICPIG 2003: XXVI-th International Conference on Phenomena of Ionized Gases. Greifswald, Germany; 15--20 July 2003.