Search Home : Science : Physics : Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics
- Compressible Aerodynamics Calculator: Computes the standard relations for compressible flow of a perfect gas. Isentropic flow relations, normal shock relations, and oblique shock relations can be calculated.
- 2D Fluids Research: Exploring the possibility of using flowing soap films as two dimensional fluids. Click on the "science" menu to find this content.
- Advanced Aero/Hydrodynamics: Course materials from University of Vermont.
- Antibubbles: An antibubble is a ball of liquid surrounded by a thin film of air. Pictures, documentation and links.
- Bernoulli's Principle Animation: Interactive animation shows how pressure and velocity in a fluid behave according to Bernoulli's Principle.
- Calculations and Equations of Fluid Mechanics: An online fluid dynamics calculator.
- Cinema Particle Image Velocimetry Investigation of Turbulence and Combustion: High-speed "movies" of time-evolving velocity fields in turbulent and combusting gas flows are obtained using a newly developed kilohertz frame-rate cinema Particle Image Velocimetry system.
- Convection in a box.: Experiments with smoke inside a plexiglass box challenge convectional wisdom. Smoke can unexpectedly act heavier than air and then spontaneously reverse.
- ERCOFTAC: European Research Community on Fluids, Turbulence and Combustion. Portal to Fluid Dynamics database resources. Free registration required.
- Engineers Edge - fluid flow, hydraulic and pneumatic: Fluids section of engineering directory. Provides definitions and practical applications.
- Flow optimization: The site demonstrates a method of flow visualisation by using an optically active liquid. The advantages of the method and some example applications are described.
- Fluid Dynamics of Bioreactors: This site summarizes the research currently conducted at the Georgia Institute of Technology on the fluidic characterization of bioreactors.
- Fluid Power Net International (FPN): Provides information and links to fluid power (hydraulics & pneumatics).
- Fluid Salients in Air, Water, and Solids: Site discusses fluid salients as a cause for ocean wave formation, cloud formation and geologic structure formation. Several small physical models of salients are also discussed.
- Fluid dynamics course material: 139 pages script at undergraduate level on the fundamental aspects of non-relativistic fluid dynamics in pdf format.
- Funneller - Single Vortex Technology: Introduction to a propulsion technique that utilizes a rotating cone.
- History of Fluid Mechanics, Mathematics, and Science: Links to historical information for mathematics, science and fluid mechanics.
- Incompressible Navier-Stokes equations reduce to Bernoulli's Law: Integrates the vector Navier-Stokes equation to obtain a vector form of Bernoulli's law. Provides interpretation and a mathematical basis for doing calculations.
- Investigation into Aerodynamic Flutter Test Systems: An investigation into aerodynamic vibration excitation systems for in-flight flutter testing of general aviation aircraft. Richard R. Western, Melbourne, 1999.
- Navier Stokes Equations: A brief summary of the Navier-Stokes equations governing fluid dynamics and fluid mechanics.
- PivNet 2: An introduction to the European Collaboration on Particle Image Velocimetry. Links to participating partners, information about courses, conferences and literature.
- Scientific American: Working Knowledge: The Flight of the Frisbee: Frisbees are essentially spinning wings that stay aloft thanks to aerodynamic lift and gyroscopic stability.
- The Effects of Water Hammer And Pulsations: Explanation of water hammer and pulsation inclusive the formula used to calculate the pressure increase.
- Topographical Measurements of Water Waves: A project report in pdf format gives an overview of existing methods for measuring the shape of water waves. Further a repercussionless system for water height measurements at a 3 x 3 matrix is described.
- Transforming Ellipsodial Into Translatory Motion: A report in pdf format describes how ellipsoidal water wave motion can be transformed into translatory motion to exchange polluted water in an almost closed sea bay.
- Turbulent Scalar Transport: Heat and mass transfer studies using direct numerical simulations of turbulent channel, Couette, and shear flows as well as experiments with tube banks.
- University of Colorado Flow Visualization Course: A course in the physics and art of fluid flow for engineering and fine arts photography students at the University of Colorado, Boulder. The student gallery has a wide assortment of images ranging from soap films to clouds.
- eFluids: A one-stop internet `resource` for fluid dynamics and flow engineering professionals
- eMicroNano: A free one-stop information `resource` for bio-, micro-, and nano-fluidic systems.
- ePower Propulsion and Combustion: A one-stop `resource` for professionals working in propulsion, power, and combustion fields.
This category in other languages: