Search Home : Science : Physics : Particle : Research Centers : Accelerators
- AccelSoft Inc.: Markets and distributes software used for the design, simulation and performance analysis of particle accelerators. Includes product overviews, operating system information, and system requirements.
- Accelerateur Groningen-ORsay - AGOR: Provides a range of information on specifications, operating diagrams, and beams produced. Includes reports produced by the group, and related links.
- Accelerator Form and Function: Explains what they are used for, the different types, and how they work. A virtual tour from Stanford Linear Accelerator Center.
- Argonne Wakefield Accelerator: AWA: Features an overview and plans of the facilities including linac, elecron gun, and control system. Includes publication archives and an animation of the dielectric transformer.
- Collider-Accelerator Department: Responsible for the operation of a suite of accelerators used for experiments by Brookhaven National Laboratory. Features links to the individual accelerators with diagrams, photographs, and tours.
- Cornell Electron Positron Storage Ring - CESR: Electron-positron collider with a circumference of 768 meters. Features information on the accelerator, synchrotron, and storage ring. Includes operation methods, diagrams and MPEG clips.
- Cyclotron Institute: Conduct basic research and educate students in accelerater based science and technology. Features a range of data and diagrams on the K500 cyclotron facility, publications, and research.
- Dortmund Electron Test Accelerator - DELTA: Provides a range of information on the facility at the University of Dortmund. Includes data on the superconducting asymmetric wiggler and the first free electron laser experiment.
- Electron Accelerator ELSA: ELSA Electron Stretcher and Accelerator, Physics Institute, Bonn University
- How Do Physicists Study Particles?: Resource from CERN. Provides information on the basics of accelerators and detectors.
- ISIS Pulsed Neutron and Muon Source: Supports an international community of scientists who use neutrons and muons for research. Includes an image gallery, information on the accelerator and target, and machine status.
- JP Accelerator Works Inc: Design, develop and service linear accelerators and their associated technology. Includes an overview of products and services, links to affiliated companies, and a section on how linear accelerators work.
- Lawrence and the Cyclotron: Biography of Ernest Orland Lawrence, from the AIP Center for History of Physics which describes Lawrence's development of the cyclotron.
- MAX-lab, Lund University, Sweden: Electron accelerator laboratory for nuclear physics and synchrotron radiation research. Built around three storage rings and includes plan drawings, beamlines and machine status.
- Mainz Microtron - MAMI: Provides an introduction to the facility, accelerator development and operations, seminars, and lectures.
- Particle Accelerator News: Summaries of the latest advances in accelerator physics from the American Institute of Physics. Updated weekly.
- Particle Accelerators: Offers a brief history and basic descriptions of linear accelerators, cyclotrons, and synchrotrons. From the British Broadcasting Corporation.
- Principles of Charged Particle Acceleration: Digital version of the book by Stanley Humphries, Jr. Available for free download in zip or pdf format.
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center - SLAC: Design, construct and operate electron accelerators and related experimental facilities for use in high-energy physics and synchrotron radiation research. Includes publications, education, and facility tours.
- Superconducting Electron Linac - ELBE: Designed to produce quasi-continuous (cw) beams of high brilliance and low emittance. Includes facility layout and an overview of intended research projects.
- Tandem Van de Graaff Accelerator Facility: Heavy ion accelerator providing a range of ion species for cosmic ray simulation, single event upset testing and ion irradiation and implantation. Includes examples of the type of work that is done at the facility.
- The Infancy of Particle Accelerators: Features the life and work of Rolf Wideröe authored by Pedro Waloschek. Full text with illustrations in HTML format.
- U.S. Particle Accelerator School: Provides educational programs in the field of beams and their associated accelerator technologies. Includes programs, curriculum, and participating Universities.
- University of Maryland Electron Ring - UMER: Designed to investigate the physics of highly space-charge-dominated beams transported in a circular lattice. Features project overview, visitors guide, design, publications, and technical notes.
- Very Large Hadrian Collider - VLHC: Features design reports, civil construction, recent papers and presentations, meeting history, and picture gallery.
- World's Largest Particle Accelerator - CERN: Features an aerial view and a slide show of the facilities, an interactive tour of the accelerators, and the scientists and their ideas.
This category in other languages: