Search Home : Science : Physics : Relativity
- An Essay on General Relativity: This site contains a comprehensive introduction to the basic ideas and tests of general relativity
- Are There Pictorial Examples of Covariant and Contravariant Vectors: We present pictorial means of distinguishing contravariant vectors (or simply vectors) from covariant vectors (or linear forms).
- Derivation of gravitational waves in Einstein, Brans-Dicke and Rosen theories of gravity.: Mathematical derivation of gravitational waves to quadrupole order in the Brans-Dicke scalar-tensor and Rosen bi-metric theories of gravity.
- Experimental Gravitational Physics Using Drag-Free Satellites: Covers current and past projects in experimental gravitational physics using Drag-Free Satellites including the Relativity Gyro, Equivalence Principle, and LISA.
- General Relativity Simulation Contest: The purpose of this Contest is to prove General Relativity using a (simple) algorithm.
- Gravitational Lensing: A popular site with interactive demonstrations of gravitational lensing. The background material is at a graduate level
- Gravitational Waves: An Introduction: This paper presents an elementary introduction to the theory of gravitational waves. This article is meant for students who have had an exposure to general relativity, but results from general relativity have been derived in the appendices.
- Gravity Probe B: Gravity Probe B is the relativity gyroscope experiment being developed by NASA and Stanford University to test two extraordinary, unverified predictions of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity.
- Gravity of Gravity: An experiment at the University of Washington seeks to determine whether the gravitational binding energy of an object generates gravity of its own.
- Handbook of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics - Relativity: A collection of equations important to both special relativity and general relativity.
- Hyperspace at the University of British Columbia: Includes links to online journals, news and preprint archives, as well as lists of faculty at this university.
- Interactive Experiments in Gravity: Try an experiment that illustrates the gravitational attraction between two objects or use a Java applet to understand how orbits work in strongly curved space-time.
- NOVA Online/Einstein Revealed: Profile of Albert Einstein, with additional teaching resources, Shockwave demonstrations, and animations of relativity concepts.
- Physics Bookshelf - Relativity: A collection of articles about relativity
- QMW Hyperspace: A set of hypertext based services for general relativity research provided by the QMW Relativity group.
- Relativity: Provides information on the history, experiments and paradoxes of relativity.
- Relativity Forum: Forum devoted to discussing the Einstein's special and general theories of relativity.
- Relativity bookmarks: Rob Salgado's bookmarks
- Ricci: A Mathematica package for doing tensor calculations in differential geometry and general relativity.
- Shapiro Radar Bounce Test: A two part overview of the Shapiro radar bounce test of general relativity. (The two parts consist of a section for normal people, and one for nerds)
- Solving Einstein's Equations in Three Dimensions: This is a Mathematica notebook showing how to plot light cones in two plus one spacetime dimensions with a point mass.
- Southampton GR Explorer: An introduction to Einstein's theory of General Relativity and related topics. These pages include informative text, pictures and movies.
- The 5D Spacetime Consortium: We are a `group` of physicists and astronomers working on a 5-dimensional version of general relativity.
- The Cosmological Constant: An overview of why Einstein added an extra term in general relativity, and why it is still examined.
- The Special Theory of Relativity: Self-tutorial with short essays, questions and answers.
This category in other languages: