Search Home : Science : Physics : Thermodynamics
- A Brief History of Temperature Measurement: The biographies of 7 scientists who contributed to the subject of temperature measurements. A table of some significant temperatures is presented.
- A Concise History of Thermodynamics: An overview of the history/evolution of thermodynamics. This is an excerpt from a biography of J. Willard Gibbs. The overview is available from the site in MS Word or pdf/Acrobat format.
- About Temperature: A very basic (prepared for the middle school math teachers) tutorial but still useful for professionals.
- All Thermodynamics: from HyperPhysics portal. This is rather a comprehensive online physics handbook containing "Thermodynamics" chapter. Site has a handle navigation, good illustrations, and very detail content.
- Applied Thermodynamics: Definition and short explanations of terms, units and basic principles.
- Basic Terms and Theory: from Engineers Edge. A definitions, short explanations and conection of basic thermodynamics therms.
- Carnot cycle: Applet showing the physics processes of a Carnot heat engine by Fu-Kwun Hwang of the National Taïwan Normal University.
- Converter of physical unit.: Comprehensive converter of different physical units, including thermodynamics.
- Gas viscosity: Low temperature behavior of gases. Therminology and short explanations.
- Handbook of thermodynamics and heat transfer: The information on thermodynamics, the properties of fluids and three modes of heat transfer is presented.
- Heat engines: Rankine, Striling, Brayton, Kalina cycle engines description
- Ideal Bose gas: physics of matter that has been cooled to near absolute zero
- Ideal Gas Law: Applet illustrating the ideal gas law : action of a piston in a pressure chamber filled with ideal gas.
- Internal Combustion Engines Web Site: Thermodynamics and heat transfer in Internal combustion engine. Applets are used to perform simple calculations. Developed at Colorado State University.
- Refrigerator: The laws of thermodynamics and the thermodynamic origin of refrigerator.
- Statistical physics: History of statistical physics and kinetic theory development.
- Superfluidity of helium: The question "what is superfluidity?" is answered on example of Helium. The physics of this condition, history of discovering are also presented.
- The world of thermodynamics: the basic terms of thermodynamics, kinetic theory and three thermodynamics laws.
- Thermodynamics: Thermodynamics laws, Carnot Cycle and history of this branch of science.
- Thermodynamics: terms definitions and three laws of thermodynamics and its short history.
- Thermodynamics Research Laboratory: Classical, Quantum, Nanoscale & Statistical Thermodynamics & Mechanics data and property calculation Sites.
- Thermodynamics and Its Applications: Companion site to the textbook by J. W. Tester and M. Modell, includes answers to selected problems and current errata.
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics: Collection of educational sites explaining all aspects of thermodynamics.
- Thermodynamics and Thermal Physics: About.com's index to thermodynamics information.
- Thermodynamics from Prof. Ian Waitz: Basic thermodynamics course of 12 lectures, contains else the self-control questions with statistics of answers.
- Thermodynamics in Our Life: Created for students beginning the study of thermodynamics. This introductory description shows beginners the classical everyday application of this branch of science.
- Thermodynamics toys.: Study thermodynamics having a fan. This site contains a "couple" of interesting toys recepies with thermidynamics background.