Search Home : Science : Physics : Vacuum
- American Vacuum Society: Includes descriptions of the society's aims, online access to publications, administrative information, related news and information on conferences.
- British Vacuum Council: The representative for Great Britain on the International Union for Vacuum Science, Technique and Application. As such it has a role to stimulate international collaboration in the fields of vacuum science, techniques and applications and related multi-disciplinary topics including solid-vacuum and other interfaces.
- Building your own Vacuum pump: How to build your own Vacuum pump
- Gas Flow Regimes and Pumping Speed: Theory on gas flows, pipe conductances, throughput and pumping speed.
- Graphic Symbols for Vacuum Components: A handy indexed reference for examples of graphic symbols for components used in vacuum technology. Useful when constructing vacuum system schematics.
- History of Vacuum science: This website tells about several vacuum scientists who endowed vacuum science development.
- How Thermoses (Vacuum Flasks) Work: For inquisitive people howstuffworks.com tells about how thermoses work. You can find there other vacuum-based devices as vacuum cleaner and television.
- International Union for Vacuum Science, Technique, and Applications: International meetings, conferences and workshops, educational opportunities, international awards and prizes.
- Introduction to Vacuum Technology: Some basic principles for beginners.
- Mc Nally Institute: An excellent `resource` with enormous amount of information for advanced vacuum users about pumps and seals (troubleshooting, specifications etc.)
- Physical Vacuum: Theory of vacuum physics for experts
- Pressure, Mean Free Path, Units Converter: Background information about gas pressure and gas molecule mean free path and helpful pressure units converter.
- Pulsed Laser Deposition: Thin film vacuum deposition technique using short laser pulses to produce flux of deposited particles from a target. This technique provides an excellent quality of the film.
- Pumps: Description of some types of vacuum pumps.
- Pumps - The Engineering ToolBox: Different information on pumps and piping systems.
- The AVS Education Website: Promotes communication, dissemination of knowledge, recommended practices, research, and education in the use of vacuum and other controlled environments to develop new materials, process technology, devices, and related understanding of material properties.
- The Bell Jar: Site of vacuum technology and techniques for students and amateur scientists. Articles; links; experiments.
- The Pumps Encyclopedia: Describes a number of vacuum pumps and their work principles.
- The Society of Vacuum Coaters: Education and information about vacuum coating. Technical conferences, educational programs, publications.
- Thermo Vacuum Generators: One of the worlds leading manufacturers of UHV components. On this web-site you will also find a lot of reference data on vacuum components (e.g. pumps, gauges, valves, flanges etc.) including their principles of operation.
- Ultra High Vacuum: Describes what ultra high vacuum (UHV) is, why we need in it, how to get UHV.
- Vacuum Energy: Two theories that describe the behaviour and characteristics of the physical vacuum.
- Vacuum Physics: Introduction to vacuum technology, leak detection, vacuum measurements, working principles of vacuum pumps and seals.
- Vacuum Structure: Theoretical predictions of vacuum structure.
- Vacuum Technology Guide: Links to buyers guides, organizations, research, eZines and journals world-wide.
- Vacuum Technology Lessons: Lessons and practical exercises on Vacuum Technology.
- Vacuum Technology and Vacuum Coating Forum: Discuss subjects about vacuum physics, vacuum and coating systems, evaporation coating and sputtering technology.
- Vacuum in Modern Science: Several important issues of modern vacuum science are considered. Quantum friction and casimir effect are among them.
- Vacuum in Physics and Life: Advanced vacuum theory considerations applied to black holes theory.
- Vacuum pumps: Contains descriptions of several types of vacuum pumps and general information about productions of low pressures. Good for students.
- What is vacuum?: Nice web-site for beginners who want to know "what vacuum is"...
- World of Pumps: Contains descriptions of several unique pump types.