Search Home : Science : Science in Society : Research Ethics
- Academe - Scientific Misconduct: Professor shares insights about conduct and misconduct in science.
- Academe - Dishonesty in the Academy: Detailed discussion and list of dishonest academic behavior, proposed solutions.
- Biology Lesson Plans to Teach Research Ethics: Intended for high school biology classes.
- Bioterrorism, Informed Consent and Scientific Method: Article with citations.
- Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility, De Montfort University: Addresses the social and ethical impacts of information and communication technologies through research and education.
- Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE): Organization of journal editors concerned about dealing with possible breaches in research and publication ethics. Includes guidelines on good practice, articles about specific topics, and statistics and case studies on fraud and misconduct.
- ETHEX: The Exploratorium's Ethical Scenarios Forum (ETHEX), created to promote online discussion of ethical, legal, and social implications of genetic research.
- IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology Ethics Committee: Includes the IEEE codes of conduct, resources, and committee information.
- Integrity in Science: Project information and resources from the Center for Science in the Public Interest. Features a database of scientists' and non-profits' ties to industry.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's ELSI Project: Resources for middle and high school students on ethical, legal, and social issues in the sciences.
- Murdough Center For Engineering Professionalism: Encourages and promotes professional engineering ethics through symposia, workshops, and seminars.
- NSPE Ethics Resources: Includes codes of conduct, reference resources, case studies, and related articles from the National Society of Professional Engineers.
- Northeastern University Center for the Advancement of Science Education: Established for science students who wish to investigate and respond to ethical concerns through a combination of reflection and more active research and problem solving.
- Physics Plagiarism Alert: An allegation, with published papers offered for comparison.
- Professional Ethics for Scientists: Syllabus and extensive references list for a course taught at Towson University by Dr. Linda Sweeting.
- Resources for Teaching Research Ethics: Links to online materials (mainly academic) regarding research ethics.
- Science Ethics Resources on the Net: Directory of online science ethics information.
- Scientific Misconduct: An Annotated Bibliography: "Articles and books from the popular and scholarly literature that could be integrated into lectures or used as the bases for student reports." Last updated in 1996.
- Scientists for Global Responsibility: Promotes responsible use of science and technology in society, and explores the ethical dimensions of scientific research, global energy and `resource` issues, and alternative technologies.
- Teaching Chemical Research Ethics: Resource guide aimed at the university educator who wants to incorporate research ethics education into chemistry course(s). From the Duke University Chemistry Library.
- Teaching Research Ethics: Intensive workshop in teaching research ethics for scientists who train graduate students. Sponsored by the Poynter Center at the University of Indiana.
- The Online Ethics Center for Engineering and Science: Provides "engineers, scientists and science and engineering students with resources useful for understanding and addressing ethically significant problems that arise in their work life."