Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Archaeology : Archaeologists : Asia
- Barnes, Gina Lee: Curriculum vitae of this Professor of Japanese Studies at Durham University. Research interests include East Asian archaeology, especially Japanese archaeology and prehistory/protohistory.
- China's First Female Archaeologist: A short article for the 50 anniversary of the People's Republic on Zheng Zhenxiang and her contributions to archaeology.
- Coningham, Robin: Contact information and research interests of this University of Bradford Reader. Research interests include the archaeology of South Asia.
- Deraniyagala, Siran Upendra: Profile, curriculum vitae and publications of this Director-General of the Archaeological Department Sri Lanka. Current research projects include the ancient citadel of Anuradhapura (900 BC - 1200 AD).
- Graves, Michael: Brief profile of this University of Hawaii Professor. Research interests include the prehistory of Polynesia, Micronesia, Insular Southeast Asia, and the American Southwest.
- Griffin, Bion: Detailed profile of this University of Hawaii Professor. Research interests include the archaeology of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Habu, Junko: Brief profile of this University of California, Berkeley Assistant Professor. Research interests include the analysis of Early Jomon data from central Japan.
- Hayden, Brian D.: Simon Fraser University professor with research interests in Australian and Southeast Asian prehistory, ethnoarchaeology, lithic technology and cultural ecology.
- Herrmann Georgina: Profile of this University College London Reader. Research interests include Nimrud ivories and excavations at Merv Turkmenistan.
- Hooja, Rima: Curriculum vitae of this archaeologist and writer and Senior Fellow, Institute of Rajasthan Studies (India).
- Juleff, Gillian: Short biography for this University of Exeter archaeo-metallurgist. Specialist in early ferrous technology in southern central highlands of Sri Lanka and Exmoor and its hinterland in Britain.
- Kohl, Phil: Detailed profile of this Wellesley College Professor. Research interests include the peoples and cultures of Eurasia and the Middle East.
- Kouchoukos, Nicholas T.: Brief profile of this University of Chicago Assistant Professor. Research interests include prehistory and early history of southwest Asia.
- Lamberg-Karlovsky, C. C.: Current research, slides, publication list, and contact information for this Harvard University Professor. Research interests include cultural interaction and trade patterns and excavation of the site of Panj Piye in Balochistan, Pakistan.
- Liu, Li: Brief profile of this LaTrobe University Lecturer. Research interests include sociopolitical change in Neolithic and the early Bronze Age China.
- Longacre, William A.: Detailed profile of this University of Arizona professor. Current research interests include ceramic ethnoarchaeology in three field sites in the Philippines.
- Lu, Tracey Lie Dan: Profile of this Chinese University of Hong Kong Associate Professor. Research interests include the origin and development of agriculture in China.
- Miksic, John: Profile of this National University of Singapore professor. Current research includes archaeological excavation at Istana Kampung Gelam, Singapore.
- Mughal, Mohammad Rafique: Profile of this Boston University Professor. Research interests include the archaeology of South Asia from the Neolithic to the Iron Age and urbanization processes and formation of state level/ complex societies in South Asia.
- Murowchick, Robert E.: Profile of this Boston University Research Associate Professor. Research interests include the development of early metallurgy in China, archaeological remote sensing (particularly the use of aerial and satellite imagery), and the relationship among politics, nationalism, and archaeological research.
- Nelson, Sarah Milledge: Curriculum vita of this University of Denver Professor. Research interests include the archaeology of China and Korea.
- Obituary of Makoto Sahara: From the Japan Times, Makoto Sahara, an archaeologist who furthered knowledge of the Yayoi Period, died of pancreatic cancer at a hospital in Chiba Prefecture at age 70.
- Parpola, Asko: Research interests and publications of this University of Helsinki Professor of Indology. Interests include prehistoric archaeology of Southand Central Asia and South Asian religions.
- Pearson, Richard: Curriculum vita of this researcher whose interests include the Jomon period and the archaeology of Okinawa, Japan, China, and Korea.
- Pham Huy Thong (1916-1988): Biographical article from Nhan Dan on the Ho Chi Minh Prize winning archaeologist Pham Huy Thong, accredited with establishing a modern school of Vietnamese archaeology.
- Possehl, Gregory L.: Profile of this University of Pennsylvania Professor. Research interests include the first phase of urbanization in South Asia as exemplified by Mohenjo-daro and Harappa.
- Rtveladze, Ervard: Detailed biography and bibliography of this archaeologist and academician of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Shen, Chen: Profile of this member of the Royal Ontario Museum's Near Eastern and Asian Civilizations Department. Research interests include Chinese prehistory and lithic analysis.
- Sinopoli, Carla: Brief profile of this University of Michigan Professor. Research interests include political economy at the site of Vijayanagara in Southern India.
- Smith, Adam T.: Contains links to current research projects of this University of Chicago Professor. Includes links to Project ArAGATS: The Archaeology and Geography of Ancient Transcaucasian States, and related presentations.
- Stark, Miriam: Detailed profile of this University of Hawai'i at Manoa Associate Professor. Research interests include ethnoarchaeological approaches to Southeast Asian archaeology.
- von Falkenhausen, Lothar: Brief profile of this University of California Associate Professor. Research interests include Chinese and Korean archaeology.