Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Archaeology : Topics : Portable Antiquities : Stone Tools
- Analysis of Flaked Stone Artifacts from Northern Chihuahua, Mexico: An analysis of artifacts recovered during excavations at the late prehistoric site of Galeana, a Chihuahua, Mexico multistory adobe pueblo.
- ArchNet - Lithics: Categorized directory of annotated links.
- Archaeological Guide to Chert Types of East-Central Illinois: Identification guide to the types of chert exploited by the prehistoric people of east-central Illinois. By Lenville J. Stelle and Thomas Duggan.
- Arroweb1: Photographs of a personal collection of stone tools from Arizona and Texas.
- Arrowhead Museum: This site is dedicated to showing small points from around the world. Image gallery.
- Artifacts From The Southeast: Skip Hutchison's collection of stone tools from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Includes brief descriptions of the artifacts.
- Bieling & Psota, Archaeological Consultants: A cultural `resource` management company based in Sonoma, California that specializes in the analysis of stone tools and obsidian hydration. Includes site and lithic technology reports.
- Digital Crabtree: Paper presenting a computer simulation of Folsom fluting. By Tony Baker.
- Dirtdiggers.net: Pictures of a personal collection of arrowheads from Missouri, arranged by time period.
- Donald's Indian Artifacts: A collection of stone tools found in North Carolina over a 50 year period.
- Embeddedness of Lithic Technology: An article by Leland C. Bement that describes using stone tools to reconstruct Folsom mobility and subsistence practices on the Southern Plains.
- Finding Arrowheads: A basic guide to arrowhead hunting.
- FlintSource: Searchable database of samples of flint and other siliceous raw materials collected by Rengert Elburg and Paul van der Kroft in Central Europe. Search by location or type.
- Gunner Jim's Arrowheads: Pictures of a personal collection of arrowheads, spear points, and stone tools, found while surface artifact hunting in Middle and West Tennessee.
- Indie's Page O' Points: Collection of points from Texas.
- Lithic Casting Lab.Com: Sells casts and pictures of projectile points.
- Lithic Technology: A peer-reviewed journal concerned with dissemination knowledge about archaeological stone tools.
- Lithics Glossary: Definitions of terms commonly used in the study of lithic technology.
- Michael's Lithic Studies: Group of research reports and links related to microwear analysis, flintknapping, raw material sourcing.
- Mike's Artifact Collection: Photographs of a personal collection of Native American artifacts.
- Neil's Texas Indian Artifacts: Arrowheads and stone age tools. Archaic flint knives, axes, and spear points.
- Northern Fluted Points: Inventory, database, and bibliography of points from Alaska and Canada. Compiled by Georges A. Pearson.
- Oklahoma Stone Tools and Arrowheads: Photographs of arrowheads and other artifacts from Northeastern Oklahoma.
- Projectile Point Types: Neverending Draft Bibliography: Compiled by Michael Pfeiffer.
- Projectile Points and Methods of Dating: Introduction to the methods of dating projectile points using artifacts from Texas as examples.
- Southern Ontario Projectile Points: An illustrated typology with artifact descriptions presented by the London Chapter of the Ontario Archaeological Society.
- Stone Age Reference Collection: A reference program containing information about the typology, technology and raw materials and of the Stone Age.
- Stone Artifacts of the North Carolina Piedmont: An amateur archaeologist's look at lithic artifacts found in the North Carolina Piedmont.
- Stone Implements: Article by R.V.S. Wright of the University of Sydney provides an overview of morphological features of flaked stone tools. Features definitions, photographs and illustrations.
- Stone Tool Typology: Introduction to the classification of stone tools by form.
- Texas Arrowheads and Indian Artifacts: Photo gallery of arrowhead and artifact types found in Texas with information provided on lithic technology.
- Texas Points: Typology: Field guide with photographs and descriptions of many of the lithic types found in Texas.
- The Dirt Brothers: Collections of thousands of pictures of arrowheads and other lithics, mainly from Texas.
- The Lithics Site: Extensive listing of links to information and resources of interest to lithic analysts and other archaeologists, maintained by Hugh W. Jarvis, University at Buffalo.
- Trans-Cascade Obsidian Procurement: A report by Craig E. Skinner and Carol J. Winkler that describes the geochemical evidence of quarrying and transport in Western Oregon.
- What is Lithic Analysis?: Introduction to the analysis of stone artifacts. Features definitions of lithic artifact classes manufactured by chipping, grinding, or battering.