Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Archaeology
- Archaeology: An Introduction: Kevin Greene's selection of Internet links to supplement the 4th edition of his book, by chapter and section, with alphabetical index.
- AOR Archaeology: Downloads, links, and articles concerning methodology, cultures, and terms.
- ARCH-L: General archaeology listserv from Texas A&M University.
- About.com: Archaeology: Articles and directory of Internet sites, including a world atlas of archaeology on the web.
- Anthropology Resources on the Internet: Provides a 3500+ sites web directory to anthropology and archaeology resources available on the Internet. Features links to university departments, institutions, jobs, field schools, and discussion lists.
- ArchArt: A directory of photographs for educational use relating to archaeology and art history.
- ArchNet: The archaeology section of the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
- Archaeolink: Reviewed and categorized directory of resources on archaeology, anthropology, and ancient civilizations.
- Archaeological Adventure: A ThinkQuest project explaining what archaeology is and its methods and techniques. Examples of significant discoveries including Troy, Shiqmim, the Egyptian Pyramids. Glossary.
- Archaeological Research Resources: Internet directory maintained by Historic Archaeological Research of history and archaeology web sites, including organizations, directories, technical references, online publications.
- Archaeology: An illustrated introduction to the discipline of archaeology from Panorama Productions.
- Archaeology Info: Covers significant discoveries from archaeology about human origins. Illustrated descriptions of hominids, with references. Articles, images, bookstore and links.
- Archaeology Pages: Archaeology related articles and galleries by James Q. Jacobs, covering archaeogeodesy, prehistory, paleoanthropology, the Andes, Mesoamerica, American Southwest and rock art.
- Archeology: An introduction by Ragz-International: the subject matter, history, specializations, methods and techniques.
- Bibliographies for Anthropological Research: Tennessee Archaeology Net provides categorized bibliographies.
- Cultural Resource Management Network: Offers a source of jobs, news, announcements, consultant listings, and resources for students and professionals interested in archaeology, historic preservation, museums, and architectural history.
- Michael's Archaeology Page: An introduction to the science of archaeology.
- Public Archaeology: Provides information and candid advice about public archaeology to students, professionals, and educators. Features discussion forum on contemporary issues in archaeology and how to communicate with the public.
- The Archaeology Channel: Archaeology and related subjects presented through streaming media by the Oregon-based Archaeological Legacy Institute. Videos can be viewed on-line and purchased.
- The Archaeology of...: A database of archaeological essays and information. Links, jokes, news, and essays.
- Time Team Book List: A bibliography with potted descriptions of hundreds of books on archaeology, compiled in connection with the Channel 4 TV archaeology series. Covers general and British topics.
- What is Archaeology?: An illustrated introduction from the Department of Anthropology at the University of South Dakota.
- Yahoo Groups: Archaeology: Descriptive list of all the Yahoo discussion groups on archaeological topics, moderated and unmoderated.
This category in other languages: