Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Economics : Institutes
- Atlantic Provinces Economic Council (APEC): An independent, non-partisan research and educational institution formed to promote the economic development of the Atlantic Region of Canada.
- Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO): Analyzes national and international trends and supplies short to medium term economic forecasts. Provides studies of European integration, competitiveness, and location of industry and services. Provides list of publications, symposium information, and data on the Austrian economy.
- BISER (Benchmarking the Information Society: e-Europe Indicators for European Regions): The aim of the BISER project is to develop, define and pilot statistical indicators for measuring and benchmarking the impact of the Knowledge Economy on Europe's regions, based on a model of factors influencing regional development.
- Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition: BOFIT specialises in high-level research on transition economics and analysis of specific national economies involved in the transition from command to market economy. Special research emphasis on Russia and the Baltics.
- CHILD - Centre for Hosehold, Income, Labour and Demographic economics: Promotes the collaboration of researchers in the field of population and household economics with a particular interest to the relationships between households, within households and between the family and the state by organizing conferences, seminars and research on these themes. Acts as a network for the activities of five Italian universities.
- CREF - Centre for Financial Economics Research: Centre at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona provides links to members, description of activities, and list of publications.
- CREFA's Development Group: Our `group` carries out research and training on issues of trade policy, poverty, child work and schooling, privatization, financial markets, CGE modeling and survey design in developing countries.
- Center for Economic Policy Analysis (CEPA): Research center of the Economics Department at New School University. Main areas of research: macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization.
- Center for Economic Research and Transformation (CERT): Specializes in the study of the process of transition from planned to market economies. Features descriptions of current research, working papers, and staff profiles.
- Center for Industry Studies - University of Pittsburgh: The Center for Industry Studies was established at the University of Pittsburgh to support research that is based on a deep understanding of firms and the markets in which they compete.
- Center for International Corporate Finance: Research institute associated with the Finance Group at the European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel, Germany provides reports on real options, corporate risk management, corporate governance, private equity, and venture capital.
- Center for Research in Regulated Industries: Rutgers University center aims to further the study of regulation by research in economics, finance, and institutions. Provides information on conferences, seminars, publications, and current research projects.
- Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR): A network of over 500 researchers throughout Europe, researching a variety of macroeconomic topics with particular emphasis on European integration.
- Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET): Association of individuals who conduct business or consumer survey data provides information on conferences and membership.
- Centre for Labour Market Research: Institute dedicated to the further the knowledge and understanding of labour markets and related issues, with special reference to Australian labour markets and other markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Centre for North South Economic Research (CRENOS): Provides analysis of development gaps at the national and regional level. Consists of researchers at local universities in Sardinia.
- Centre for Research in Network Economics and Communications: University of Auckland based center specializes in the economics of networks and communications industries.
- Centre for the Economic Study of Innovation and Technology (CESIT): CESIT is a research centre of the Faculty of Applied Economics at the University of Antwerp and focuses on research on the economic aspects of innovation and technology. CESIT publishes a discussion paper series and organises a series of seminars.
- Centre for the Study of Transition and Development (CESTRAD): CESTRAD is a research, policy analysis and training unit at the Institute of Social Studies in The Hague, The Netherlands, focused on the socio-economic and political transition in Central & Eastern Europe, China, Vietnam and Mongolia.
- Economic Research Institute, Tarbiat Modares University, Iran: The Institute's activities are national and regional in scope, and have a particular focus on Agricultural Economics, Iranian Economic and Development, Islamic Economics and Urban & Regional Economics and Planning.
- Environmental Economics and Natural Resources Group: The Group at Wageningen University provides courses and project descriptions in environmental economics.
- European Capital Markets Institute: Sponsor of studies, programmes and conferences relating to the functioning of the European capital markets provides research reports and conference proceedings.
- European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI): Institute for European and comparative corporate governance issues provides calendar of upcoming conferences and membership information.
- Foundation for the Study of Economic Applications (FEDEA): Private, non-profit research centre based in Madrid, Spain carries out studies and academic research on major economic issues affecting the Spanish economy. Current research areas include the labour market, pensions, ageing, economic integration and capital formation.
- Gaidar Institute for the Economy in Transition: Economic policy think tank provides more than 500 publications on macro and microeconomics, budgets, reforms and other topics, along with monthly bulletins on the Russian economy and industrial surveys.
- German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin): The German Institute for Economic Research is one of the leading research institutes in Europe with a research staff of about 120 economists. It is an independent, non-profit-making academic institute which is involved in basic research and policy advice.
- ILD Peru: Institute for Liberty and Democracy headed by Hernando de Soto. Publications, projects, contact information.
- IWG Bonn - Institute for Economics and Society, Bonn: IWG Bonn is a private, academic research institute. It has its seat in Bonn, Germany. Its statutes stipulate research on economic and social issues and presentation of the results for applicable use in practice.
- Ibero-America Institute (IAI)University of Goettingen: Part of the economics department of the Georg-August-University in Goettingen, provides description of researchers, courses, and recent publications, mostly in development economics.
- Ifo Institute for Economic Research: Research and economic policy advice as well as services to policy-makers and the general public are our main activities. Every month, the institute publishes the Ifo Business Climate Index.
- Institute for Economic Research Halle (IWH): Focused on research on transformation processes in Eastern Germany and in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting: Founded in October 1999 by top-ranking Ukrainian politicians and the German Advisory Group on Economic Reforms, the IER is an independent research organisation that provides decision-makers with analyses of the Ukrainian economy and economic policy.
- Institute for International Economics: The Institute for International Economics is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research institution devoted to the study of international economic policy.
- Institute for Market Economics: Private Bulgarian think-tank promotes market-oriented policies and provides working papers in economics, finance, and development.
- Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA): Research in all fields of labor economics and policy consultancy on labor market policy.
- Institute of Public Finance, Croatia: Research, publications, working papers, summaries from the Institute of Public Finance in Zagreb, Croatia
- Institute of Studies on Mediterranean Societies: Historical and economic research on Mediterranean societies, based in Napoli, Italy.
- International Academy of Emerging Markets: Strives to educate business, academic, and political leaders from emerging market countries. Membership by invitation only.
- International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF): The aims of the Institute are the study of Public Finance and Public Economics, research in these fields, and the establishment of contacts and exchange of opinions on these problems among persons of all nationalities.
- John Deutsch Institute: Aims to facilitate and promote research, analysis and informed discussion across the full range of policy challenges facing Canada.
- Keizai Koho Center - U.S. office: Japan Institute for Social & Economic Affairs. Articles about US - Japan trade relations, research trends, and analyses of economic statistics; a monthly newsletter; and background information on the organization and activities to promote a better understanding of Japan's economy and society.
- Kiel Institute for World Economics: The Kiel Institute for World Economics at the University of Kiel is an international center for economic policy research and documentation, it has about 270 employees. The Institute's main activities are economic research, economic policy consulting, and the documentation and provision of information about international economic relations.
- MERIT - Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology: MERIT is a research institute of the University of Maastricht (Netherland) and was founded on January 1, 1988. The research and teaching focus on the economics of technological change and innovation.
- National Institute for Labour Studies: A labour studies research centre in Australia focusing on many aspects of labour including immigration, earnings and wage trends, training, productivity, industrial relations, labour market developments, and others.
- Political Economy Research Institute - University of Massachusetts: Policy-oriented research institute in areas of international macroeconomics, development, peacebuilding and the environment, provides recent working papers.
- Program on Technology and Economic Policy: Research program at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, providing recent papers and research links on productivity measurements, the role of human and physical capital, and the effects of tax and environmental policies.
- Samsung Economic Research Institute: They provide research and current topic news to Foreigners, Investors and opinion leaders interested in the Korean economy.
- Sonderforschungsbereich 303: National Research Center on Information and Coordination of Economic Activities at University of Bonn/Germany, Dept. of Economics. Contains links to facilities, staff, working papers and publications.
- Sonderforschungsbereich 373: National Research Center on Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes at Humboldt-Universität/Berlin/Germany, Dept. of Economics. Page contains links to facilities, staff, working papers and publications.
- Sonderforschungsbereich 504: National Research Center on Concepts of Rationality, Decision Making and Economic Modeling at Mannheim University/Germany, Dept. of Economics. Contains links to facilities, staff, working papers and publications.
- Taiwan Institute of Economic Research: Institute engaged in research on Taiwanese and foreign macroeconomics and industrial economics. Provides consultations for government and businesses, and promotes Taiwan's economic development.
- Texas Center: Institute for border economic and enterprise development at A & M International University, Texas. Research on U.S.-Mexico trade and border issues, Texas South Border Regional Indicators, border Business Information, Laredo Economic Outlook Reports.
- The Competitiveness Institute (TCI): The institute's mission is to improve living standards and local competitiveness of regions across the world by enhancing cluster-based development initiatives.
- The Norms and Preferences Network: Interdisciplinary `group` researching behavioral economic topics provides working papers.
- The Schumpeter Institute: Provides theoretical and empirical research on macroeconomic issues by professors at Humboldt University.
- Yale Program on Non-Market Accounts: Yale University research initiative on the expansion of national income statistics to incorporate non-market activities. Provides a program overview and participation information.
This category in other languages: