Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Geography : Geographic Information Systems : Web Feature Services
- AI Geostats: Central server for geospatial statistics with mailing list, online papers, software, books, courses, and links.
- ALOV Map. Java GIS: ALOV Map is pure Java application designed to aid in the dissemination and visualization of geospatial data via the Internet. The site features live Map demos and product description.
- Adiabata, Inc.: Company delivers servers for digital mapping and geocoding. Features AdiaMap server, address search and map tools.
- AltaMap Server: GeoMicro's AltaMap family of products for Internet Mapping needs including cartographic quality maps, nation wide Geocoding, and door-to-door directions.
- American Mapping: Offers US corporations vector-based mapping software technology for use in store locator, asset tracking, fleet management.
- ArcIMS: Latest release from ESRI. Web GIS application with a light HTML client version and a java version for data streaming.
- AtlasNET 4.0 Map Server: Site demonstrates the GIS server capabilities and has a full Tutorial and SDK samples.
- Autodesk MapGuide: Software programming delivering live maps and linked databases via the Internet.
- Baltic Environmental Atlas: Interactive environmental maps over the Baltic Sea region. The themes, such as population density and landuse, relate to human impact on the environment in the region.
- CARIS: Provides Web sites with the ability to display vector maps and associate textual information.
- CommonGIS Project: Online tool for accessing and visualizing GIS data.
- Digital Map Archive: An on-line web mapping system to show geographical and statistical data in support of the European Commission Humanitarian Office ECHO.
- Formarama: Free map server which can be used to browse maps and can be included in any web page.
- GISfactory: An application service provider for small and medium sized businesses and organizations.
- Geo Data Explorer: Access, view, and download information from United States geo-spatial databases.
- GeoServer Project: A Java (J2EE) implementation of the OpenGIS Consortium's Web Feature Server specification (free, with code).
- GeoTools: Free open source Java toolkit for producing interactive maps on the web.
- Geocortex Internet Mapping Network: Suite of Internet mapping design, consulting and hosting services.
- GlobeXplorer: Provides online aerial and satellite photo access via a public web viewer, custom built viewers for e-businesses, and their imagery extensions for GIS and CAD software.
- HTMLX.com: Providing webhosting on Mapserver and PHP Mapscript.
- I-Maps Internet Map Server: Provides mapping utilities that allow access to geographically related information. GIS applications available for any type of spatial data.
- Internet Parcel Look Up System: Allows visitors to locate parcel data for a number of municipalities in Virginia and North Carolina, United States, using a web-based GIS to query smart maps and data tables.
- JShape: Java software enabling publication of GIS shapefiles through the Internet.
- LAVA/MAGMA: Two related products. Using the Lava client, you can access Magma geographic data servers.
- Land Information Ontario: Access information on Geographic features in Ontario. More layers are available as you zoom in. The site is operated by the government of Ontario.
- Light Map project: An interactive web application based on client-server architecture. It is designed to create, publish and view geographical maps using web browser.
- Loris Vector Map Engine: Flash based map making software that provides way to integrate interactive maps into any web application. It allows to make maps, create symbols, and connect maps to databases.
- MapIt!: Web-application that lets you navigate raster-maps through your web-browser and lets you zoom in and out and select objects and object classes that are identified on the map. MapIt! is Free Software under LGPL.
- MapServer: Create maps for the internet using GIS data from shapefiles, tabfiles, or SDE. Also can utilitize data from any database accessible to Perl's DBI module. Can run as CGI or through scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Tk/Tcl, Guile and even Java. (free, with code) [win9x/NT/2k, unix]
- MapServing, Manifold: Providing Manifold internet map hosting solutions for Internet Map Server.
- Maptech MapServer: United States topographic maps, nautical and aeronautical charts, and high altitude photography.
- ModelServer Imager: High performance imager server that supports client server imaging.
- Montana Cadastral Map Project: Interactive mapping of land ownership parcels and digital GIS data for all private and public property in Montana, by county.
- Natural Area Coding System: Products for web pages, that support vector maps with unlimited map layers and hyperlinks.
- Open Geospatial Network: Portal to Open GIS consortium compliant web services, providing users access to spatial services and list of available network servers.
- ResMap: Canadian firm providing free access to full resolution satellite and DEM data.
- Sicad Geomatics: A subsidiary of Siemens AG. Offers an Internet map server.
- Skyline Software System: Home of the Terra software environment, a realistic interactive, photo-based three-dimensional map of our planet available on the Internet.
- SpatialFX Server: Java-based application server that delivers mapping applications to users through the Web, as well as through client/server deployments.
- TechnoLogica Internet Map Server (TIMS): Pure Java software for creation and management of applications delivering GIS services in an Internet/Intranet environment. Allows processing, extracting and visualization of data stored in Oracle Spatial, ESRI Shape files, and raster images.
- TerraServer: Aerial and satellite imagery of the globe.
- TerraSoar: Modular UNIX-based software system for interfacing databases with specific functionality geared toward the querying of geospatial data.
- Toolbot: Simple browsable interface to USGS map data.
- WMS Cookbook: Information about implementing an Open GIS Consortium (OGS) Web Map Server (WMS).
- WMS Viewer: Demonstration of Open GIS consortium web map service and web application.
- Web GIS: Resources about web server software and utities for GIS.
- WebView: ArcView extension allowing presentation of spatial data on CD or through a browser.
- XtraMap: Online publication tool for localised data. Designed for online map libraries, tourism sites, and geographical consultancies.
This category in other languages: