Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Geography : Geographic Information Systems
- FreeGIS.org: Links to free software and data.
- Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis: GIS Timeline Team: A timeline reference outlining the history of GIS.
- Do you know, what is what: Online encyclopedia about GIS.
- EPA Region: Environmental Protection Agency `resource` for GIS system data and applications in New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Example Code: Forum features information and resources related to GIS.
- GIS Cafe: A `resource` for GIS professionals.
- GIS Case Studies: Examples of United States and Canada raster and vector GIS projects.
- GIS Development: GIS content and news site with a focus towards Asia.
- GIS Forums: Resources for the GIS Professional.
- GIS Lounge: The complete source for information and resources. Information on data and applications and about GIS careers.
- GIS Monitor: GIS monitor goes beyond the headlines and press releases. Local, county, state and federal Mapping and GIS users, top notch consultants read and depend on the GIS Monitor Newsletter every week.
- GIS Skills Page: Page contains Ryan Galbraith's academic and work experience.
- GIS.com: Provides introductory overviews on many aspects of GIS. Find information about industries, curriculums and current events in GIS.
- GISZone: The site contains information resources about the emerging technologies like Geographic Information Science, Remote Sensing, Global Positioning System, and related technologies.
- GISuser: Site delivers the latest news, feature articles, and updates concerning the use of GIS, LBS, GPS, and geospatial technologies.
- GeoCommunity: Data downloads, news, software tools and utilities.
- Geography Network: An Internet portal to spatial data.
- Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions Home Page: The leading mapping, GIS, and geospatial solutions provider for: geospatial `resource` management, land information management, geospatatial data management & cartography, geospatial intelligence, commercial remote sensing and photogrammetry
- Oregon Washington BLM GIS: Information on use of GIS technology to support `resource` management programs.
- Public Health: Provides information on the use of GIS in public health applications, from a 1998 conference.
- ReGeo Geo-Information System: Project aimed at creating an information system based on a virtual geo-multimedia database, which will serve different applications including rural communities and eco-tourism.
- SpatialNews: News, features, career postings, events, and daily wire.
- Steigerwald, Scott: Exploration of geography, GIS, geographic programming and serving maps on the web. Resource for ArcIMS and ESRI-based software.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization: The FAO GeoNetwork provides Internet access to interactive maps, satellite imagery and related spatial databases.
- U.S. Geological Survey: Gives a brief overview of how a GIS is used, some of the theory behind how it operates, as well as a discussion of various applications.
This category in other languages: