Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Geography
- Administrative Divisions of Countries ("Statoids"): Worldwide reference for states, provinces, governorates, counties, districts, and other subdivisions of countries.
- Canadian Council for Geographic Education: Aims to strengthen geographic education in the classroom, and to increase the public awareness of the importance of geographical literacy.
- CountryWatch.com:Website to The World: Country Information: including current political, historical, economic, environemental, demographic data.
- Cyber-Geography Research: An initiative to map cyberspace, this site contains a variety of pages dedicated to helping the viewing not only understand "cyber geography" but to visualize it as well.
- Environmental Geography - Dr. James Hayes Bohanan: Geography of the environment, and the use of the web in higher education.
- European Spatial Planning Resource and Information Database (ESPRID): The database focuses on the spatial dimensions of territorial development processes and the spatial impacts of EU, national, regional and local policies across the European continent.
- Footnotes to History: Indexed reference site that provides an overview of ephemeral states, micronations, secessionist states, and related entities. Includes links to related photographs,documents, and other resources.
- GIS and Mapping Links: Links to Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping sites on the internet. All links are verified every month.
- Geo-Guide: A subject gateway to scholarly information in earth science, geography and mining. From the Goettingen State and University Library.
- Geographic.org: Learn about world geography, climate, countries, people, maps, and flags. Intended for elementary through junior high school students.
- Geographical: A site that explores the world. The online `resource` on travel for schools, professionals and enthusiasts alike.
- Geography Links: Web directory of general geography links provided by the University of Northern Iowa.
- Geography Resource Center: Internet Resources for Geographers
- Geography Resources: Categorized directory of annotated links.
- Geography Resources on the Internet: An ever expanding list of links to geography resources on the Web.
- Geography World: A massive collection of links on all aspects of geography.
- Geosource: Web resources for human geography, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science. Provided by Utrecht University Library.
- Global Geografia: Country data, maps and flags and other geographic information.
- Global Population Project: Current population figures for cities, towns and regions of countries.
- Global Statistics: A collection of tables and graphs providing a statistical look at countries, their population, area, capital, and main cities.
- Globastat: Country rankings based on CIA World Factbook data, in more than 140 categories, with economic, demographic, communications, military, and other statistics.
- History of the International Date Line: Extensive information on the circumnavigator's paradox and the history of its resolution.
- Infoplease Political and Reference Atlas: Infoplease Atlas has political maps of each region, country, and state with links to reference information.
- Information Please: Geography Resource: Geographic facts, lists, and statistics, including highest mountains, longest rivers, latitudes and longitudes, and explorations and expeditions.
- Island Information: Information on the world's islands, including island superlatives.
- Map Quiz - Map and Geography Trivia: Map and Geography trivia game. Questions include countries, U.S. States, capitals and flags.
- Mega Maps - Walk through the Continents: Free PC program to print out US or world maps of various sizes, up to 7 feet across, on an ordinary printer. Maps can be colored or used for educational projects.
- Mr. Dowling's Electronic Passport: An online geography class where students journey through time and space. Discover different people and cultures and further your study by following links.
- National Geographic Xpeditions: Explore a virtual museum and a wealth of teaching resources.
- NationbyNation: Reference on Countries of the Globe: History, geography, maps, economics, society as well as links and news feeds.
- The Columbia Gazetteer of North America: Comprehensive encyclopedia of geographical places and features.
- The Degree Confluence Project: The Degree Confluence Project contains photographs of the intersections of integer latitude and longitude degree lines.
- The Geography Exchange: A combination of teaching resources, lessons and indexes of website links with an emphasis on physical geography.
- The START Natural Language Question Answering System: A system designed to answer questions that are posed in natural language. The system is especially equipped to answer geography queries.
- The Web of Culture: About cross-cultural communication. Also provides general geographic and social education on foreign nations and cultures, for preparation for visits from foreign countries.
- Traveleye: General information from around the world.
- US Census Bureau Geography: Mapping products and services, as well as geography resources used to compile the US Census.
- US State Department - Dependencies and Areas of Special Sovereignty: Listing of nations recognized by the US government.
- US State Department - Independent States of the World: Independent states with diplomatic relations with U.S. and member of UN. Country capitals, and names.
- World Gazetteer: Information about current population of countries, their administrative divisions, cities and towns as well as images of the current national flags.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library - Geography: Web directory of resources in Geography, including educational links.
- Your Own Language and Country: Information and links about all countries: tourism, dictionaries, search engines, life and religion.
This category in other languages: