Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Linguistics : Languages : Natural : Indo-European : Celtic : Irish
- Beginner's Guide to Irish Gaelic Pronunciation: Simplified guide to pronouncing the Irish language designed for people unfamiliar with the language.
- Celtic Fonts - Gaeilge: A Macintosh Gaelic font for download, from the Yamada Language Center.
- Daltaí na Gaeilge: A tax exempt, non-profit corporation based in Elberon, NJ, US, dedicated to the promotion and teaching of the Irish language. The site includes some grammatical information, bulletin boards and a mailing list.
- Eagraíochtaí Gaeilge: An alphabetic listing of more than 100 Irish Gaelic organisations with links to their websites.
- Euromosaic - Irish: Sociolinguistic survey of the use of Irish in the Republic of Ireland, and to a lesser extent in Northern Ireland. Collection of links. Bilingual site (English and French).
- Focal an Lae: The Word of the Day in Irish: Some words and phrases from Irish, as well as some Indo-European etymologies of the same. The site also offers links to some resources and articles on the Irish language.
- Gaeilge: General information about the current status of the Irish language, from the University of Wales. Trilingual site (English, French, Welsh).
- Gaeilge ar an Ghréasán: Large collection of links related to the study of the Irish language worldwide.
- Ireland's National Anthem: Text of The Soldier's Song or Amhrán na bhFiann, the national hymn which replaced God Save Ireland shortly after the Easter Rising of 1916. In English and Irish.
- Irish Gaelic: General information on Irish Gaelic, phrases with sound recordings, and a Gaelic translation forum.
- Irish Gaelic Reference Documents and Links: Irish language teaching and reference materials, flashcards, books, and lessons, from a teacher based in Portland, Oregon.
- Lecale Gaelic Society - Cumann Gaelach Leath Chathail: Irish language society with news, events, local area guidebook and details of clubs and classes. Based in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.
- Linguistic Institute of Ireland - Institiúid Teangeolaíochta Éireann: Institute based in Dublin devoted to research and advice on all aspects of the use of the Irish language.
- Linguistic Structure of Irish: Grammatically oriented site devoted to the phonology, grammar and dialects of Irish, by Antony Green, a US linguist based in Berlin, Germany. Some of the site is in German and Irish. Useful table of spelling-pronunciation correspondances. Many links.
- Muintearas: Organization based in Tír an Fhia, Leitir Móir, County Galway, Ireland. It is dedicated to the survival of the Irish language with particular attention to the Gaeltacht, or areas of Ireland where Irish is still spoken widely. Details on the teaching of Irish to children.
- Old-Irish Spelling and Pronunciation Guide: Detailed and linguistically plausible guide to the pronunciation of Old Irish, by Dennis King.
- Old-Irish-L: Mailing list for the discussion of Old Irish.
- Pronunciation of Irish Gaelic: A guide to the pronunciation of Irish Gaelic.
- San Francisco Bay Area Irish Language Immersion Weekend: This annual event offers intensive practice in the Irish language at various levels of fluency.
- Shari's Leabharlann: Reviews and descriptions of textbooks and other publications useful for the learning of Irish.
- Solas Eireann - Language: Links to resources related to Irish.
- The Autonomous and the Passive Progressive in 20th-Century Irish: Doctoral dissertation dealing with the use of two verb constructions.
- The Gaelic: Basic information about Irish Gaelic: pronunciation, names, and links.
- Travels Through Ireland Speaking Irish: Informational sites and links to lessons, interactive, readers, and courses.
This category in other languages: