Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Sociology
- SocioSite: SocioSite is a multi-purpose guide for sociologists. Based in the Netherlands, it includes useful links to sites around the world.
- A Sociological Tour Through Cyberspace: Essays, data analyses, and links on sociologies of knowledge, death, aging, family, time, and inequality.
- Boekman Foundation: The Boekman Foundation is a centre where information about arts and cultural policy is collected and disseminated. It covers the areas of policy-forming and all aspects of implementation.
- Center for the Study of Inequality: The Center for the Study of Inequality (CSI) fosters basic and applies research on social, economic, and cultural inequalities.
- Commission for Applied and Clinical Sociology: Established by the Society for Applied Sociology and the Sociological Practice Association to develop, promote and support quality sociological education and practice in applied and clinical areas. Michigan State University.
- Cultural Studies: Popular culture, youth culture British literature, and media studies.
- Guide to Questionaires and Surveys: Frédéric D'Astous explains how to create surveys and questionnaires. His articles cover attitude and ethics, the behaviour of groups and populations, data collection, lists and sampling.
- Human Sciences Research Council: Specializes in humanities and social sciences research.The site includes research material in various formats.
- International Council for Human Ecology: ICHEE considers human affairs in their evolutionary and ecological context, as part of a way of looking at the world and its animals, plants, natural resources, its geography, and its geopolitics.
- LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - Sociology: A comprehensive catalog of scientific resources and media worldwide but especially in German and English: Directories of Sociology Journals; Sociology-related catalogs of scientific search engines; additional starting points and sites of special interest.
- Networks of Civil Society Organizations in Latin America: Research project about civil society networks in Latin America (Univ. of Miami, Univ. of Maryland, Ford Foundation)
- Progressive Sociology Network: PSN is a moderated list devoted to the examination of issues of theoretical and political importance to sociologists.
- Public Research Institute, San Francisco State University: PRI is an non-profit organization serving the SF Bay Area in social research.
- Regard: Searchable database of UK research funded by the Economic and Social Research Council. In-depth information on projects, publications, and other research activities.
- Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research: List of links to free resources for methods in social research and evaluation.
- SIDOS: Swiss information and data archive service for the social sciences: Provides information about research in social sciences - archives research data - facilitates secondary data analysis
- Social Network Analysis: This page is the starting point for Sociology 157, an undergraduate introductory course on social network analysis. It contains the text book online, and bibliographical resources for sociologists.
- Social, Political and Economic Change: Links to resources
- Sociologia.de: Sociology resources in English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Sociologist At Large: Explore the world of sociology, discuss issues, and other interesting discoveries.
- Sociology Central: Sociology web site offering free resources for Sociology teachers and students.
- Sociology Internet Resources: Comprehensive index of resources for culture, race and ethnicity, criminology, women's studies, family, theory and methodology.
- Sociology Online: A site for students of sociology, criminology and social theory. The site has slideshows, quizzes and documents as well as a Socio-News page.
- Sociology Online: The site for all serious students of sociology. It includes essays, articles, quizzes and presentations. It also includes a regularly updated Socio-News section.
- Sociology-News.net: World news article links on sociology.
- Sociopranos: Social Science Discussion Forum.
- Sociopranos: Multiple fora for the discussion of sociology topics.
- The Centre for Applied Social Surveys: CASS has been set up by three major universities in the UK, and aims to strengthen skills in survey design and analysis in the social science research community.
- The Internet Sociologist: A free "teach yourself" tutorial on Internet information skills for sociologists, written by Stuart Macwilliam, Library and Information Services, University of Exeter. It is one of a set tutorials within the RDN Virtual Training Suite, created by subject-specialists from universities and professional organisations across the UK.
- The Question Bank: The Centre for Applied Social Surveys [CASS] Question Bank (Qb) is a store of complete UK social survey questions, questionnaires and response forms.
- The SocioLog: Julian Dierkes' comprehensive guide to sociology on-line
- Theory.org.uk: Media studies and gender studies with content on queer theory, gender, Foucault, Judith Butler, media influences, cyber culture, role models, and critical theory. Produced by Dr David Gauntlett, University of Leeds, UK.
- Top20Sociology.com - Online Directory for Sociology Education.: Includes theory, rural, family, crimonology, religion, urban studies, sociologists, history, and demography.
- WWW Virtual Library: Evaluation: Information gateway for the field of Social Policy.
- WWW Virtual Library: Social Policy (SPVL): The International Social and Public Policy information gateway.
- WWW Virtual Library: Sociology: Global links to sociology resources.
- Wadsworth's Virtual Society: Site dedicated to the academic world of sociology and social science in general. Site accompanies the book The Practice of Social Research.
- Web Resources - Sociology: Annotated links to sociology information on the web. Gathered by the University of Kentucky.
- Yale Library Resources: Sociology: A great multi - purpose site for sociology.
This category in other languages: