Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Urban and Regional Planning : Agencies
- Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study (AMATS): Information on the agency and its studies, plans, and rideshare program.
- Boston Metropolitan Planning Organization: Cooperative effort among local Massachusetts state agencies to achieve effective transportation planning for Eastern Massachusetts; includes statistics and area traveler resources.
- Centralina Council of Governments: Regional planning organization for a nine county region including and surrounding Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission: Joint city-county agency charged with guiding growth and development for the City of Charlotte, North Carolina and the surrounding region. Includes information on plans, historic districts, and GIS resources.
- Chittenden County Metropolitan Planning Organization: Developing and pursuing the implementation of a multi-modal transportation plan for an 18 municipality Vermont region.
- City of Farmers Branch, Texas - Planning Division: Department responsible for zoning, demographics, and planning issues.
- City of Glendale, California - Planning Division: Agency responsible for all planning and zoning issues in the city.
- City of Myrtle Creek Planning Department: Includes ordinances, bylaws, and schedule, comprehensive plan, handbook of fees and charges, and zoning information for Oregon city.
- City of Rochester Neighbors Building Neighborhoods: A program designed to incorporate the public in the decision making process.
- Cross River Partnership: Supports creative urban regeneration solutions in central London by forging and strengthening physical and social links between the two sides of the river.
- Cuyahoga County Planning Commission: Provides land use, zoning, development, and other planning services in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area.
- Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission: Serves the Philadelphia-Camden-Trenton metropolitan area with regional planning, transportation planning, and data products and services.
- Florida Department of Transportation - Transportation Planning Offices: Covers policy and systems planning, transportation statistics, and environmental management.
- Indiana Association of Regional Councils: Provides transportation planning, grant administration, economic development, and rural transit planning.
- Instituto de Pesquisa e Planejamento Urbano de Curitiba: Planning agency for Curitiba, Brazil, a city often identified as a model of successful sustainable development. In Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
- King County, Washington Department of Development and Environmental Services: Issues building and land use permits for unincorporated areas near Seattle. Includes information on properties and permitting, codes and policies, and current topics.
- KwaZulu-Natal Town and Regional Planning Commission: Assists in planning and development in in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Lower Manhattan Development Corporation (LMDC): Created in the aftermath of the September 11th attacks, the LMDC is charged with planning and coordinating the rebuilding and revitalization of Lower Manhattan and the World Trade Center site.
- Metropolitan Planning Council: Group of business and civic leaders committed to promotion and implementation of sensible planning and development policies in the Chicago region.
- Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission: Association of Central Ohio governments. Provides planning, programming, and brokerage services for housing, transportation, water, land use, zoning, environmental, and technology issues.
- Montgomery County, Virginia Planning Department: Provides planning services, programs, and outreach for county residents.
- National Capital Planning Commission: Provides planning for federal land and buildings in the District of Columbia and surrounding jurisdictions. Includes overview of agency, schedule of meetings, listing of activities, and press releases.
- Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency: The metropolitan planning organization for Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties in Ohio.
- Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission: Information about the official planning agency for the six-county Chicago metropolitan area. Includes an overview of the agency and services plus news and event information, regional statistics, and publications.
- Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments: Creates public/private partnerships providing solutions for regional transportation, environmental concerns, and economic development in the Greater Cincinnati, Ohio, area.
- Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development: Oregon's planning program is its emphasis on livability and sound land-use planning based on 19 statewide planning goals.
- Region I Planning and Development Council: Regional planning entity for southern West Virginia. Provides comprehensive planning, funding coordination, and technical assistance.
- Regional Plan Association: Works to improve the quality of life in the 31-county New York-New Jersey-Connecticut metropolitan area by creating comprehensive plans and promoting their implementation across political boundaries.
- Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission: Virginia agency offers information on projects, transportation planning, demographics, and GIS services.
- Romeoville Community Development: Department of Illinois village includes planning, building, and economic development divisions.
- Senate Department of Urban Development: Provides information on planning, building, housing, the environment, transportation, and monuments for Berlin, Germany. [in German and English]
- Spokane County - Planning Services: Provides information on land use issues, growth management, comprehensive neighborhood planning, and census data.
- St. Cloud Area Planning Organization: Metropolitan planning organization committed to intergovernmental long-range transportation planning.
- Stafford Borough Council Forward Planning Department: Includes details of the Council's Local Plan, Local Development Framework, housing policy, and urban design information.
- The Planning Inspectorate: Carries out appeals and holding inquiries under planning and environmental legislation in England and Wales.
- The Planning Service: Responsible for land use and development in Northern Ireland. Information on the agency, services, controls, and plans.
- Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council: Addresses and defines policies for cooperative economic and regional planning between municipalities and county governments in the Treasure Coast region of Florida.
- Tri-County Regional Planning Commission: Information about the official planning agency for Peoria-Pekin, Illinois metropolitan area.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture - Economic Research Service: Research and data on the social and economic forces that affect the well-being of rural people and their communities.
- U.S. General Services Administration: Urban Development: Seeks to leverage federal real estate actions in ways that bolster community efforts to encourage smart growth, economic vitality, and cultural vibrancy.
- Vancouver City Planning Commission: Alternative Futures: Advises on issues affecting long-range planning. Features opportunities for public involvement and an extensive section on housing issues in the city.
- Washington, DC Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development: Includes news, press releases, strategic plan, directory of business resources, and information on programs such as development incentives for housing and small business, development areas, and the DC Enterprise Zone.
- Western Upper Peninsula Planning and Development Region: Serves the western six counties of upper Michigan: Baraga, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw and Ontonagon.
- Yuma Metropolitan Planning Organization: Provides a regional forum for transportation planning and air quality planning issues.