Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Urban and Regional Planning : Community and Economic Development
- Action for Market Towns: UK national organization dedicated to promoting the vitality and viability of small towns.
- BP Darcy Development Limited: British Petroleum subsidiary working to redevelop the former Llandarcy Oil refinery in Neath, South Wales, through loans and partnerships.
- CEOs for Cities: A bipartisan, nonprofit alliance of U.S. mayors, corporate executives, university presidents and nonprofit leaders, that works with local and national policy-makers to advance the economic competitiveness of cities.
- Center for Community Economic Development: Department of University of Wisconsin Extension creates, applies and transfers multidisciplinary knowledge to help people understand community change and identify opportunities.
- Centre for Community Enterprise: Builds capacity in Canadian community based organizations by providing technical expertise and resources. Offers details about training, technical assistance, and research.
- Change Communications: Providing internet solutions for housing and community development organizations. Also includes useful links page.
- Coalition of Community Development Financial Institutions: National CDFI membership organization offering promotion, training, research, and networking. United States.
- Collaborative Economics: Helps public and private leadership groups develop and implement collaborative strategies for creating high-performing economic communities.
- Community Development Finance Association: Membership organization providing capacity building, networking, development, and research. United Kingdom.
- Community Development Finance Institution Fund: A program of the United States Treasury Department. Includes funding opportunities, technical assistance, awards, and links.
- Community Development Society International: Association for community development practitioners and citizen leaders around the world.
- Community Development Venture Capital Alliance: Membership organization supporting professionals working in community development venture capital by providing training, publications, networking, and consulting. Promotes the idea CDVC to traditional funders.
- Community Reinvestment Fund: Nonprofit organization that provides access to funds for community development lenders.
- Community Revitalization: Extensive collection of writings on downtowns and urban redevelopment.
- Community Technology Advisors Corp.: Leads community-wide economic development efforts by bringing community leaders together to discuss public policy, technology, and finding collaborative projects to encourage financial growth.
- Economic Development Institute: University of Oklahoma program providing professional economic developers with training, knowledge, and tools.
- Economic Development Solutions, Inc.: Dedicated to improving community and economic development programs by adapting and incorporating best practices into the initiative's operations.
- Economic Opportunity Studies: A non-profit corporation that offers training in support of organizations and projects that provide low-income families and communities with resources they need to become more self-sufficient.
- Five Vital Lessons: Successful Partnerships with Business: Guide to effective involvement of business in partnerships for local economic development and skills.
- Haringey Community Empowerment Network: Part of a government initiative to bring about long lasting regeneration in the UK's most deprived neighborhoods.
- International Downtown Association: Promotes vital and livable urban centers by providing support to business improvement districts and communities. Includes case studies and various resources for planners, developers, and business owners.
- International Urban Development Association: Encourages the exchange of information, experience, and best practices on urban development and renewal across the world. Provides an annual conference, publications, newsletters, and networking opportunities.
- Living Cities: The National Community Development Initiative helps improve the vitality of urban neighborhoods by supporting community development corporations.
- Marketek, Inc.: Market research firm specializing in market analysis and economic development services for downtown revitalization projects. [requires Flash]
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals: Dedicated to improving community and economic development extension programs and professionals. Board and committee members, conference information, and a mailing list.
- National Association of Development Organizations: Provides training, information, networking, and representation for regional development organizations in small metropolitan and rural areas of the United States.
- National Business Incubation Association: A membership organization of incubator developers and managers helping emerging growth companies survive and grow during the start-up period, providing education, training and industry information.
- National Community Capital Association: Membership organization of community development financial institutions. Capital, technical assistance, and development services supporting the revitalization of economically-disadvantaged urban, rural, and reservation-based communities. United States.
- National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions: Not-for-profit organization acting as advocates for, and supporting local community credit unions in over 40 states.
- National Main Street Center: Resources and information on how to preserve and revitalize historic downtowns and main streets. Part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- National Neighborhood Coalition: An alliance of non-profit and community based organizations providing current information, advocacy, and support.
- National Vacant Properties Campaign: A national American campaign to prevent abandonment, redevelop vacant properties and revitalize existing communities.
- NeighborWorks Net: Information relating to a host of community-revitalization efforts from across the United States, focused on revitalizing declining neighborhoods by stabilizing home ownership and preserving housing affordable to low- and moderate-income families.
- Neighborhood Communities: Online community resourcing and support center. Helping communities support each other with an emphasis on the non-virtual.
- Neighborhood Design Center: A nonprofit organization founded in Baltimore, Maryland by volunteers dedicated to providing urban communities with access to professional, conceptual architectural, landscape, design and planning services.
- Neighborhood Planning for Community Revitalization: Minnesota organization working to build partnerships between community-based organizations and local colleges and universities around community building activities.
- Pratt Institute Center for Community and Environmental Development: Information about policy analyses, advocacy, training courses and workshops.
- Rebuilding Communities Initiative: Am initiative of the Annie E. Casey Foundation helping to transform troubled neighborhoods into safe environments.
- Renewal Associates: Consultancy specializing in economic, social and environmental regeneration.
- ShoreBank Pacific: Community development bank lending to Pacific Northwest businesses involved with sustainably harvested timber, pollution prevention, water treatment, and affordable housing. Banking and saving products. United States.
- Solutions for America: A program of the Pew Partnership for Civic Change. Provides research and best practices on community development issues.
- South Carolina Association of Community Development Corporations: State-wide trade association of non-profit, community-based development corporations within the state's economically distressed communities.
- Strategic Development Solutions: Consultants specializing in building strategic partnerships, creating policy, developing strategies and securing the financial resources necessary to promote quality economic development and housing opportunities within communities.
- The ICA Group: Provides consulting services to clients working in, or seeking to start, worker-owned and community-based businesses.
- The National Rural Development Partnership: Works to improve quality of life by fostering collaborative public private partnerships.
- The New Rules Project: Institute for Local Self-Reliance (ILSR) proposes a set of new rules that builds community by supporting humanly scaled politics and economics.
- ThinkCycle: An academic, non-profit initiative engaged in supporting distributed collaboration towards design challenges among underserved communities and the environment.
- UK Business Incubation: An independent body (with government backing) that promotes and supports business incubation in Britain.
- University of Illinois - Community and Economic Development: Provides information and educational programs, and conducts research on economic and social issues that are relevant to communities and community leaders.
- Urban Regeneration Companies: An umbrella `group` for British public-private partnerships devoted to achieving redevelopment strategies for key towns and cities.
- Village Retail Services Association: Offers support and advice to rural communities across Britain whose village shop or other retail service is threatened.
- Western Rural Development Center: Hopes to strengthen rural communities by facilitating development research with universities and communities.