Search Home : Science : Social Sciences : Urban and Regional Planning : Projects
- Architekturgestalten.info: Designs by Tim Ahrens and Anne Brecker.
- Arcosanti: An experimental town in the desert of Arizona, built to embody Paolo Soleri's concept of arcology - the fusion of architecture with ecology. Theory, worksops, events, images, visitor information.
- Auroville Center for Urban Research: Presents workshops, studies, and investigations with practical implementations at the emerging city of Auroville, India.
- Baycity Revival Redevelopment Plan: A redevelopment proposal for the waterfront of the City of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Chandigarh: Information about the planned city in India designed by Le Corbusier.
- Charlestown at Buildout - Modeling Development and Conservation: Reports and maps from university thesis project to study growth in an area undergoing rapid residential development, and help formulate policies for growth management. Focus is the town of Charlestown in southern Rhode Island, USA.
- Disney's Celebration: Essays, links, and photos about the Florida planned community developed by the Walt Disney Corporation.
- Dos Lagos: An introduction to the mixed use planned community in the City of Corona, California. Gives visitors background and up to date information about the progress of the project.
- Harmony: A residential and retirement urban design community situated between Charleston and Myrtle Beach SC near historic Georgetown, South Carolina.
- Interactionfield - Public Space in the Digital Age: Analysis and categorization of interactive media and public art projects that contribute to the rediscovery and revitalization of urban public spaces.
- Kakigawa - Pools of Meaning: A project by Mirjam Struppek and Arika Adachi based on an entry in the competition "Semiotic Fields and Attractors: the rediscovery of the Kaki River in Nagaoka, Japan."
- Letchworth Garden City: Guided tour, history, news, and links for the town founded by Ebenezer Howard.
- Levittown: Documents of an Ideal American Suburb: Information, analysis, and photographs of this archetypal postwar American suburb.
- Limiting Urban Futures: An attack on the future-scenario style of urban planning. In urban futures scenarios, the range of "acceptable" future cities is made visible. The Amsterdam (Netherlands) study TVA is used as an example of how such studies limit urban futures.
- Orenco Station: Promotional information about planned community in the Portland, Oregon, area. Named "America's Community of the Year" in 1998 by the National Association of Home Builders, and considered a good example of "new urbanism."
- Phalen Corridor Initiative: A public-private partnership redeveloping a rail corridor in Saint Paul, Minnesota's East Side.
- Proyecto Cities: Collective effort, focusing on some 20 cities located in five continents, to identify the competitive advantages of each, and to present the principal urban innovations that they are developing, especially those that impact on the physical form of the city and the structure of the metropolitan region.
- Radburn: New town in Fairlawn, New Jersey designed in 1929.
- Redfern Waterloo Partnership Project: A plan focusing on issues in the Redfern Waterloo areas of New South Wales, including redevelopment opportunities, community safety, and social programs.
- The Seaside Institute: Organization researching and advocating for use of traditional community qualities in new developments.
- Urban Development of Wolfsburg: The City of Wolfsburg in Germany is a typical example of planned urban development. Four different development stages are illustrated.
- Urban Revitalization Concept: Overview of the Jackson Place Redevelopment Plan in Richmond, Virginia.
- Urban Ways: Includes a brief description of a method of providing more vegetation in high-density city centers.
- Vermillion, North Carolina: New urbanist community outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. Includes a tour, design principles, news, and sales information.
- Victory City: A modernist utopian design for a city of the future.
- Virtual Greenbelt: Images, interviews and other materials relating to Greenbelt, Maryland, a New Deal-era planned community in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.
- Waterfront Edinburgh Limited: A partnership between The City of Edinburgh Council and Scottish Enterprise Edinburgh and Lothian working to regenerate 140 hectares of brownfield land in north Edinburgh on the shores of the Firth of Forth.