Search Home : Science : Technology : Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
- ARS TECHNOLOGIES: Development, production and sales of systems in the fields of radar and sonar technology as well as consultancy work.
- Acoustics Careers and Research Areas: The field of acoustics, because it is so diverse, offers many different career opportunities.
- Acoustics FAQ: A Newsgroup FAQ document intended to answer frequently asked questions about acoustics.
- Acoustics Frequently Asked Questions: An informal file of typical questions and answers on acoustical topics.
- Acoustics, Signal Processing and Sonar Classic Tests: Peninsula Publishing publishes reprint editions of classic books on the subjects of acoustics(aeroacoustics and underwater acoustics), sound propagation, noise control, sonars, signal processing;and radar, radio frequency communications and countermeasures.
- Architectural Acoustics and Lighting: Acoustic and lighting definitions and concepts. Reference for architects and interior designers.
- Art Ludwig's Home Page: Information concerning acoustics.
- Audio and Acoustics Web Sites and Internet Links: Loudspeaker audio emphasis.
- Beyond Discovery: Sounding Out the Ocean's Secrets: Researchers today apply their knowledge of how sound travels through water to carry out a myriad of tasks such as detecting underwater eruptions, measuring ocean temperature, and monitoring marine mammals behavior.
- Cool Sound Industries, Inc: Information on the development of an environmentally safe method of air-conditioning, heating and refrigerating powered by sound waves.
- Dynamic Musical Spectrograms: Describes a type of dynamic spectrogram suitable for looking at music.
- Glossary Of Acoustic Terms: Defines common terms in noise control engineering.
- Hearing Damage And Loud Music: Document on the relationship between loud noise and ear damage, with particular reference to young people and loud music.
- Imagine: Project to develop new calculation methods for railway, road, industrial and aircraft noise, run by European consortium.
- Introduction to Spectrum Analysis: Introduction to audio spectrum analysis.
- Marine Group Home: Side Scan Sonar and Ocean Exploration.
- Mechanical Acoustics/vibration Engineering Forum at Eng-tips: Engineering technical support forums and mutual help system for engineering professionals.
- Mine Neutralization System (AN/SLQ-48): Unclassified description of mine warfare vehicle.
- Modal Analysis Tutorials: Free articles on the fundamentals of modal analysis.
- Music and Physics: View an music which a priori is conceived only subjectively.
- NewLeap Ltd: Develops acoustical hardware and software for scientific research in the underwater environment, including a bio-acoustic monitor allowing the recording of cetacean echo-location signals.
- Particle Velocity Acoustical Sensors: Overview of the microflown technology to measure the entire range of acoustical properties like particle velocity, sound power and ( three dimensional ) sound intensity
- PhysicsWeb: You can find articles on acoustics using the search feature.
- RDA Inc: Specializing in Sonar, R&D systems, anti-submarine warfare (ASW), and acoustics engineering.
- Sound Waves and Music: The physics classroom
- Sound Waves and the Eardrum: Glenbrook South Physics Home Page.
- Sound and Vibration Magazine: Information for subscriptions, and review of recent issues and events affecting noise and vibration control.
- Sound as a Weapon: Opinions on using sound as a weapon.
- Stanton Scattering Lab Homepage: Sound as a tool to study the ocean environment. How zooplankton scatter sound and models to predict plankton populations in the wild.
- Steel in the Deep - Sonar Control: Sound Library for Submarines
- Super Cavitating Drive Underwater: By traveling inside drag-cutting gas pockets, new super cavitating subsea systems can move much faster underwater than their conventional counterparts on the same amount of energy By Steven Ashley
- The Soundry: The Physics of Sound: Physics of sound and audio clips.
- The Theory of Sound, Chapter 1 - Lord Rayleigh: Internet version of Chapter 1 of The Theory of Sound by Lord Rayleigh (published in 1877). Chapter 1 is an introduction to acoustics which reveals Rayleigh's strong interest in musical acoustics and the Helmholtz resonator. One or two slight errors are apparent and there are minor inaccuracies in the table of musical note frequencies.
- Underwater Acoustics Tutorial: Brief overview of the basic principles of underwater acoustics.
- Vibration and Waves Animations: Dan Russell, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Applied Physics at Kettering University in Flint, MI
- Vibrationdata.com: Consulting and educational services in: acoustics; shock and vibration; signal processing; and dynamic data acquisition and analysis.
- Virtual Library for Acoustics and Vibration: Good set of links to other sites.
This category in other languages: