Search Home : Science : Technology : Aerospace : Aeronautics : Aerodynamics
- Advanced Topics in Aerodynamics: Electronic media about Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, Propulsion Systems, and Related Technology.
- Aerodynamics for Students: A web textbook from the University of Sydney that covers undergraduate-level aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, aircraft performance and propulsion. Investigates the significance of pressure distribution on an aerodynamic body and the estimation of lift, drag and pitching moment of an aerofoil from the pressure around it in flight.
- Aerodynamics for Students: Covers fluid mechanics, theory of flight, aerodynamics, gasdynamics, aircraft performance, propulsion, and data sheets.
- Aerodynamics in Plain English: A collection of 17 articles, for sale by the author, that explain the basic concepts in aerodynamics for students in k-12 and college.
- Aerodynamics of Bicycles: An practical introduction to the Aerodynamics of ground vehicles.
- Aeronautics Learning Laboratory -- (ALLSTAR) Network: A NASA generated site with instructional resources for students and educators. Includes sections on the history and principles of aeronautics.
- Airfoils by Chris Heintz: A textbook that discusses airfoil aerodynamics as applied to STOL aircraft.
- Applied Aerodynamics Links from Michael Selig: Several hundred links to Aerodynamic resources from Professor Michael Selig of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Applied Computational Aerodynamics Text -- W.H. Mason: An electronic version of class notes for "Applied Computational Aerodynamics" as taught at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Beginner's Guide to Aerodynamics -- NASA Glenn Research Center: Background information on basic aerodynamics as teaching aids for secondary math and science teachers.
- Beginner's Guide to Aeronautics: Prepared at NASA Glenn by the Learning Technologies Project (LTP) to provide background information on basic aerodynamics and propulsion for secondary math and science teachers. Includes interactive animated illustrations of many concepts.
- Electronics Cooling -- Fan and Blower Aerodynamics: A basic discussion of the aerodynamics of fans and blowers. Airfoils and volumetric flow calculations.
- Helicopter Aerodynamics: A non-mathematical introduction to rotary wing aerodynamics.
- Highly Nonplanar Lifting Systems by Kroo, McMasters and Smith: A paper by Ilan Kroo (Stanford University), John McMasters (Boeing Commercial Airplane Group) and Stephen C. Smith (NASA Ames Research Center) that deals with nonplanar wing concepts (e.g. biplanes, triplanes, box planes, ring wings, lifting struts, joined wings, crescent wings, split-tips, and others) -- their advantages and possible application in a variety of aircraft designs.
- Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology (AS): German research institute.
- Langley Technical Reports Server (LTRS): Searchable collection of over 2,000 aerodynamic and aerospace related technical papers. The full-text papers are available as either PDF or Postscript files.
- Low-Speed Airfoil Data: Detailed aerodynamic data for low speed airfoils. Especially appropriate to remote controlled sailplanes.
- Mark Ketchum's Bridge Aerodynamics Page: A discussion of bridge aerodynamics, with particular emphasis on suspension bridges and the Tacoma Narrows disaster of 1940.
- NACA Technical Report Server: Searchable index of over 6,000 Research Reports, Technical Manuals, and Technical Notes produced by the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) between 1917 and 1958. Papers available as single-page GIF files or as complete-report PDF files.
- Principles of Aeronautics: An online textbook discussing the basics of flight, drag and lift with content and lesson plans appropriate to all educational levels.
- The K-8 Aeronautics Internet Textbook: Learning resources for aeronautics including an online textbook, lesson plans, interactive activities, curriculum bridges to other subjects.
- UIUC Airfoil Data Site: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign airfoil database includes over 1,000 airfoils covering a wide range of applications, from low Reynolds number airfoils for UAVs and model aircraft to jet transports. Includes airfoil analysis resources.