Search Home : Science : Technology : Biomedical Engineering
- ASD Advanced Simulation & Design: Virtual development and optimisation of products and processes with CFD/FEA - simulation in biomedicine and engineering for improved prediction of functionality.
- Aastrom Biosciences, Inc.: Develops proprietary process technologies and devices for cell therapy applications, including stem cell therapies and gene therapy. Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Nasdaq: ASTM).
- Abmin Technologies, Ltd.: Biomaterials for oral, craniomaxillofacial and orthopedic applications.
- Advanced Medical Technology - TUDelft: Advanced, body-powered, arm prostheses and orthoses.
- Affinergy, Inc.: Surface modification coatings for medical devices.
- Annals of Biomedical Engineering (ABME): Interdisciplinary, international journal published as the official journal of the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES). Produced bi-monthly by the American Institute of Physics.
- Applied Neural Control Laboratory - CWRU - Bioelectronics in Neuroscience: Biomedical engineering technology based on the electrical excitability of neural tissues. Utilized to evoke contraction of paralyzed muscles to move limbs and evacuate the bladder, and to produce visual sensations in the blind and auditory sensations in the deaf.
- Azog Labs, Inc.: In vitro rapid diagnostic tests for pregnancy, fertility, infectious diseases, drugs, cancer.
- BioDevices Biz: Medical devices and diagnostics portal and B2B marketplace.
- BioEngineering of Skeletal Tissues Team: Multi-disciplinary `group` of scientists, engineers, veterinarians, and physicians developing treatments for damaged joints and disc degeneration.
- BioScience Engineering Group, University of Cambridge: Interdisciplinary scientific `group` working under Professor Nigel Slater, combining biochemistry and virology with chemistry and chemical engineering at the University of Cambridge, UK.
- Biobot: - Evolutionary Robotics for Biology: Robotics in biology.
- Biocompatibles: International bio-materials `group` focused on the development and commercial exploitation of its biocompatible phosphorylcholine for use in cardiovascular and urology applications.
- Bioelectronic interaces, EPFL: Research on implantable electronics, including artificial CMOS retina, endoporator, and in vitro probing of the electrical properties of stem cells.
- Bioengineering Student at UC Berkeley: Biomedical engineering student's life at University of California at Berkeley. Classes-related materials include professor evaluations, exam files, lab reports. Extracurricular acitivies include MP3 songs, drinking tips, photos, gen. X stuff.
- Bioengineering at the University of Colorado: Education and research in biomedical and biochemical engineering at CU Boulder.
- Biofuture Research Consortium: Private research consortium, constituted in Italy in 2003 to focus research and development in regenerative medicine and other nano- and biotechnologies aimed at repairing damaged or diseased tissues and organs.
- Biohackers: News and links about bioengineering and creation of artificial life forms.
- Bioinformatics Institute of India: Postgraduate diploma program in biomedical informatics.
- Biomaterials UK Membership Portal: Biomaterials.org.uk - industry links and resources.
- Biomedical Engineer, David A. Sebok: Resume of David Sebok, Ph.D. Biomedical Engineer.
- Biomedical Engineering Network: Biomedical engineering jobs, resources, grants, databases, publications, societies, academic programs, and focused Internet searches.
- Biomedical Market Newsletter, Inc: Biomedical industry newsletter.
- Biomedical Technologies, Inc.: Reagents for life science research.
- Biomedical engineering master and internship projects - Biomedical Imaging, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven: Biomedical image analysis - research reports and open master and internship projects.
- Biophan Technologies - MRI-compatible Pacemaker: Implantable cardiac pacemakers and other critical medical devices insensitive to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and other equipment using magnetic fields, radio waves, and similar forms of electromagnetic interference (EMI).
- Biosyntech - Advanced Biosensing Technologies: Technology-based company dedicated to providing equipment, software, and services for research, product development, quality control, and biomedical applications.
- Biotechtronics, Inc.: New technology for visual display for physiological monitoring and evaluation products for the health, education and medical industries.
- Bone strength determination by imaging - graduate student pages: Computer-assisted tomography and other processing techniques for estimating the strength of bone, with help of trabecular bone dimensions. Graduate student Dhaval Shah at Wright State University.
- CAM Implants - Hydroxyapatite-coated Implants, Bonegraft Substitutes: Ongoing research in bioceramic materials.
- Cancer Targeted Drug Delivery Laboratory - CWRU: Cancer Targeted Drug Delivery Laboratory at Case Western Reserve University --- multidisciplinary lab in biomedical engineering developing targeted therapies for cancer.
- Cardiovascular Implant Research Lab - Clemson: Cardiovascular Implant Research Lab at Clemson University's Department of Bioengineering. Focuses on the design of implantable devices for the correction of defects of the cardiovascular system.
- Cardiovascular Mechanics and Biofluid Dynamics - Ghent University: Research site concentrating on cardiovascular and extracorporeal fluid mechanics (in artificial organs).
- Cartela AB - innovative integrin research: Research centered on two collagen-binding integrins, alpha 10 and alpha 11, present on the cell surface of connective tissue cells.
- Center for Computational Biology - Montana State University: An interdisciplinary academic unit supporting research, training, and technology transfer in computational biology.
- Centrum Techniki Laserowej - LASERINSTRUMENTS: High and low power lasers for medicine: 5-, 10-, and 30-W lasers for surgery (CO2) and contact microsurgery (Nd:YAG); 5- and 10-W Er:YAG lasers for dentistry and dermatology; red and infrared diode lasers from 100 mW up to 500 mW for LLLT,; 15- and 30-W high power diode lasers for contact microsurgery. Plus industrial lasers and accessories.
- Cicero Bioinstrumentation: Biomedical engineering services including software, test and measurement, FDA-compliant documentation and support, and clinic and laboratory IT.
- Clinical Engineering Society of Ontario: The Clinical Engineering Society of Ontario, CESO, represents the professional interests of Clinical Engineers and Biomedical Engineering Technologists and Technicians in the Province of Ontario.
- Comedicus Incorporated - Cardiac Medical Devices and Technology: Cardiac medical devices and technology used for accessing the pericardial space and performing epicardial diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on the heart.
- Computational Neurobiology Lab (CNL): The long range goal of our laboratory is to understand the computational resources of brains from the biophysical to the systems levels. The central issues being addressed are how sensory information is represented in the visual cortex, how memory representations are formed, and how visuo-motor transformations are adaptively organized.
- DOE Advanced Biomedical Technology Research: Advanced Biomedical Technology Research --- basic research into medical technologies that can be transferred to the medical field for further study. Sponsored by the Medical Sciences Division of the Office of Science of the Department of Energy.
- Downstreamconsult - Protein Purification Consultants: Protein purification consultation online.
- EBME Biomedical Engineering: Medical, biomedical and clinical engineering portal website. Educational articles, discussion forum, recruitment section.
- Eiffel Technologies Limited: Biomedical drug re-engineering using supercritical fluid (SCF) technology to create sub-micron particles with improved solubility and bioavailability, for enhanced drug design and delivery.
- Electrobionics - Electronics in Biology; Biology in Electronics: Research and references on electric and magnetic fields and pulsed power in biological systems.
- Electronic Engineering Corporation - Instruments and Pumps: Manufacturer and exporter of biomedical instruments and pumps for scientific applications.
- Endotec - Orthopedic Products: Ankle, knee, shoulder and hip replacement implants in standard and custom configurations.
- Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society of the IEEE: Advances the application of engineering sciences and technology to medicine and biology, promotes the profession, and provides global leadership for the benefit of its members and humanity by disseminating knowledge, setting standards, fostering professional development, and recognizing excellence.
- Enhanced Mobility Technologies: BioRehab System, biofeedback technology for physical rehabilitation.
- Esophageal Research - Manchester Royal Infirmary: Latest work and publications.
- Etex - Bone Repair and Fracture Healing products: Calcium phosphate-based bone graft substitutes, implant surface coatings, and resorbable orthopedic devices.
- FESnet - UK Network for FES Rehabilitation Engineering: UK network for coordinating research and implementation of FES (functional electrical stimulation).
- Flinders Biomedical Engineering: Clinical engineering and laboratory equipment support to Flinders Medical Centre, medical device research and development in Adelaide, and biomedical consultancy and training internationally
- Fresenius HemoCare: Extracorporeal blood treatment and infusion technology. Adsorber (arthritis, lupus, percholesterolemia), immune, transfusion, and infusion methods.
- Friedrich-Miescher Institute: Biomedical research institute in Basel.
- Grad Student Josh Lovekamp's Site for Bioprosthetic Heart Valves: Graduate student's description of biomedical engineering research in heart valve replacements.
- Heiko Kuhn - Center for Advanced Biotechnology - Peptide Nucleic Acids: Research in Frank-Kamenetskii's `group` at Boston University involving peptide nucleic acids (PNAs). Related links.
- Helmholtz Institute: Applying engineering and natural science to clinically oriented problems in biomedical engineering, surgical technology, cryobiology, biomechanics, medical ergonomics, and biophysical measurements - from the Aachen Univ. of Technology (Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule, RWTH).
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute: HHMI investigators have been involved in many important recent advances, from the discovery of genes related to cystic fibrosis, obesity, and other diseases, to new insights about how human cells develop or communicate.
- Human Brain Mapping: The Organization for Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) has evolved in response to the explosion in the field of human functional neuroimaging. Provides an educational forum for Human Brain Mapping research exchanges.
- Human Motor Control Research - Adaptive Model Theory: Human motor control, including details of the Adaptive Model Theory of human voluntary movement (AMT).
- Imaging Physics Laboratory - University of California, Irvine: Limited staff and research information.
- Implanted Devices Group - University College London: Implantable and surface systems for restoring function to paralyzed muscles with Functional Electrical Stimulation.
- In Vivo NMR Centre, University of Alberta: A part of the Biomedical Engineering Department at the University of Alberta. We work with NMR in the pursuit of in vivo (internal to the body) research.
- Innovative Biosensors: Rapid, portable, sensitive detection systems for infectious organisms based on engineered lymphocyte luminescence.
- J. T. Henderson's University of Toronto Laboratory Page: Research themes: (I) Molecular biology of programmed cell death in the mammalian CNS; (II) Molecular mechanisms of neural target innervation; (III) Molecular therapeutics aimed at enhancing motor neuron function.
- Kevin Tan's Biomedical Engineering - Advice for Students: Opinions and information about biomedical engineering programs and careers. Directed toward Chinese students.
- Kuros - Bone, Skin, Soft-tissue Repair: Therapies for biosurgery, tissue repair and regeneration.
- Lipid Sciences, Inc.: Pleasanton, CA company that manipulates lipids and their role in human health. Includes an overview of technologies, an introduction to the team, and news and events.
- Lipomics Technologies, Inc.: Resources in therapeutics and diagnostics for metabolic disorders. Includes powerpoint-dependent slide show of lipid metabolites, and library of fatty acids and sterols from discovery and development company, offering commercial lipid analysis and contract research, based in West Sacramento, CA.
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Bioscience Division: Multidisciplinary research and engineering at the interface of biology, chemistry, physics, and computational biology
- Lung Nodule Detection Using Template-Matching Technique - unpublished manuscript: Description of a simple technique for computer-aided diagnosis of lung nodules in chest radiographic images.
- M-Biotech - Hydrogel Biosensors: Glucose biosensor based on pressure changes from hydrogel swelling. Other analytes under development.
- MEMS with Maskless Photolithography: MEMS fabrication service.
- Margret & H. A. Rey Laboratory for Nonlinear Dynamics in Medicine: Interdisciplinary research laboratory at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, affiliated with Harvard Medical School, Harvard-M.I.T. Division of Health Sciences and Technology, and the Center for Polymer Studies at Boston University.
- Master Training Packages in Biomedical signal Processing: Graduate "distance learning": Extraction of Signals from Noise, Computing Methods for Simulation Modelling and Analysis, Instrumentation Signal Acquisition and Stimulation, Signal Analysis for Medicine and Physiology, Biomedical Signal Processing: Concepts and Techniques, sound and vibration, biomedical signal processing, ISVR, Institute of Sound and Vibration Research, University of Southampton
- McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine: Tissue engineering, biomaterials, cellular therapeutics, stem cells - University of Pittsburgh research institute.
- Medical Device Forum: Bulletin board-newsgroup for Medical Device industry professionals. Share ideas, discuss current issues, or seek solutions regarding the design, manufacture, or regulation of medical devices.
- Medical Devices Centre at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute: Multidisciplinary research and training opportunities related to the development of medical devices and patient care support.
- Medical Engineer: Resources for Medical Engineering including jobs boards, discussion forums, and online calculation tools. Features the open definitions discussion project.
- Medical Research Electronics and Software Consultant: Michael Gorman and Associates develop and sell products for medical research: Positional Activity Logger, electrical and thermal stimulators.
- Medical informatics laboratory, University of Cyprus: Medical Informatics Laboratory of the Department of Computer Science of the University of Cyprus
- Mediomics: Fluorescence-based test products for rapidly and sensitively measuring the activity of sequence-specific DNA binding proteins and their specific small molecule co-regulators (ligands).
- Microscopy Primer: Web treatise on microscopy that covers a broad range of topics from basic to advanced.
- Models of Fetoplacental Blood Circulation: 1993 thesis describing blood circulation of human placenta, with in vitro experiments and models. Language: Italian and English.
- Monash University Rehabilitation Technology: Catalogue of prosthetic, orthotic, and rehabilitative devices developed by REHABTech and available for the industry. Information for amputees - advice and links to support groups. Information for the health professional, continuing education, reports, relevant research, practice forms, discussion groups.
- Morphogenesis and Regenerative Medicine Institute: Integrative biology effort at the University of Virginia targeting the basic principles underlying how cells form, organize, maintain, regenerate, and repair the proper three dimensional structures of tissues and organs.
- Motus Bioengineering, Inc.: Motus uses gyroscopes to quantify gait, tremor, dyskinesia, and range of motion in individuals with Parkinson's, stroke, and sport injuries, and can track rehabilitation outcome.
- NIBP Simulators for Biomedical Engineers and Technicians: Biomedical and industrial test instruments. SimCube is an NIBP Simulator for NIBP monitors. SmartArm is designed for evaluating and testing non-invasive blood pressure monitors.
- NIH Center for Biological Field Modeling, Simulation, and Visualization - University of Utah: Center for research and development of advanced modeling, simulation, and visualization methods for solving bioelectric field problems
- NanoLight Technologies: Marine bioluminescent and fluorescent proteins for medical diagnostics, tumor imaging, and drug discovery.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: U.S. government-funded national `resource` for molecular biology information. Access to many public databases and other references, including the draft human genome.
- National Cheng Kung University Institute of Biomedical Engineering: Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
- Netech --- Biomedical and Industrial Test Instruments and Calibration Services: Products and services for test and calibration of medical instruments.
- Neural Engineering Center, Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University: Analyzing the function of the nervous system, developing methods to restore damaged neurological function, and creating artificial systems by integrating physical, chemical, mathematical and engineering tools. Free neuron simulation software provided (Neurocal).
- Neurocybernetics Research Group - Technische Universitat Ilmenau: Methods and applications for neurodiagnostics, neurotherapy, and neurocontrol.
- Nian-Crae, Inc. Technology Solutions: Computerized devices for rehabilitation, including ambulatory physiological data recorders and an artificial hand.
- Nippon Medical Research: Biomedical venture company with an injectable antibiotic for MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)infections.
- NjeX - Medical Device Implanting Technology: Implants for pharmaceutical and gene therapy --- controlled release pellets, brachytherapy seeds, and chip and nanodevices.
- OakRiver Technology Corporation: Provider of engineering and contract manufacturing solutions specializing in electro-mechanical and medical devices.
- Optobionics - Silicon Retina: Artificial silicon retina for restoring vision in humans --- in clinical trials.
- Patient Telemonitoring: Telecare - telemonitoring over mobile networks for interactive, continous care.
- Pega Medical Inc.: Design, development, evaluation, and manufacturing of medical devices (bone repair products). 3-D CAD/CAM system, Finite Element Analysis, static and fatigue biomechanical testing, contract manufacturing, forensic engineering.
- Personal Page - Oliver Wagner, Ph.D.: Biomedical researcher's personal page including curriculum vitae and examples of current scientific work.
- R. M. Baldwin, Inc: Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Services For Medicine & Industry. A truly unique consulting firm that offers a comprehensive approach to product development, regulatory compliance and engineering.
- RWTH Master Programme Biomedical Engineering: Interdisciplinary course of studies in engineering, medical, and natural sciences at the Aachen University of Technology (Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule, RWTH). Taught in English.
- Radiophysical Methods in Medicine: Biomedical engineering, biomedical physics, biomechanics, and bioacoustics. Institute of Applied Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences
- Reiners Biomedical Engineering Site: Reiner Beck lists his favourite links regarding medical science and biomedical engineering.
- Restricted access reports on Advanced Polymers for Medical Applications: Subscription access to compilations of patent applications and clinical trial information combined with commercial, regulatory, and manufacturing issues.
- Roar Biomedical, Inc.: Fluorescence-based protein activity kits with "Spectral Interference Protection".
- Rutgers University research on biomechanics: Bio-Engineering Student Society at Rutgers - reesearch and academic opportunities in rehabilitation engineering
- School Of Medical Science & Technology, IIT, Kharagpur, India: Thi newly established school in the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur provides interdisciplinary education and research in Bioengineering, to medical doctors, giving them the cutting-edge in the competetive and upcoming field of bioengineering research!
- Storm2k.com: Links relating to surgical technology and images of surgical tools.
- Stryker Biotech - OP-1 Implant: Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP), OP-1 (Osteogenic Protein-1) - stimulates repair and regeneration of bone and joint tissue. Initial applications of OP-1 will be as an osteoinductive, or bone-inducing, bone graft material for skeletal repair.
- Subscription Report Series on Biomedicine Research: Biomedical search facility with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- SwRI Medical Device Design: Medical technology development based on a multidisciplinary approach to problem solving, with innovative medical device design, prototyping, and testing.
- Systems Biology at the University of California, San Francisco: Biosystems research at UCSF: bioengineering, bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, modeling, simulation, computational therapeutics, and therapeutic engineering.
- T3I - UV Decontamination: High-output, monochromatic UV source for fluid decontamination.
- TGR BioSciences - biotechnology development: Support for development of discoveries of novel bioactives to the stage of commercialisation through license agreements or the formation of new companies.
- Texas Center for Superconductivity at the University of Houston: Superconducting technology in magnetocardiography (MCG), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Forces browser to full-screen.
- The Equipment Review: Medical equipment reviews by users.
- The Foundry - Biomedical Business Consultants: Transform concepts into companies.
- Tianjin Baoxin International Oil and Fat Biological Engineering Co., Ltd.: The major products of Tianjin Baoxin company are PUFA Linolenic Acid microencapsule powder, for example : -Linolenic Acid microencapsule powder?iGLA?j/ Linoleic Acid (LA) Microencapsule Powder/ EMBCONDA -Linolenic Acid microencapsule powder (health food).
- Trans Spectra SIFT-MS FA-MS: Research, development and production of SIFT-MS and FA-MS instruments for trace gas analysis of air, breath and liquid headspace.
- UIC Biomechanics: University of Illinois at Chicago. Biomechanics Research Facility
- UIC Biomedical Engineering Society: Activities and organizational information - University of Illinois at Chicago chapter of the Biomedical Engineering Society.
- Unit of Biomedical Engineering, Hippokration General Hospital of Athens, Papaioannou TG: Research and education `group` at Hippokration General Hospital of Athens, focusing on cardiovascular engineering and technology.
- University of Hartford Biomedical Engineering: Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering program.
- University of Iowa Biomedical Engineering Department: Accredited undergraduate program at the University of Iowa, with research focus areas including biomechanics, biomaterials, and bioimaging.
- Veryan Medical devices flow mechanics: Relationships between flow mechanics and disease. Veryan Medical is using this unique understanding to develop a series of medical devices to significantly improve the long-term effectiveness of medical care in patients with vascular disease.
- Vivoxid Ltd: Biomaterials for oral, craniomaxillofacial and orthopedic applications.
- Washington University Department of Biomedical Engineering: Courses, Faculty, Research.
- aRigen: Anti-atherosclerotic agent AR925
- g.tec - Guger Technologies OEG, Medical and Electrical Engineering: EEG, ECG, EOG and EMG acquisition and analysis systems based on MATLAB and Simulink.
- i2m Design: Design and fabrication services for biomedical micro and nanotechnologies.
This category in other languages: