Search Home : Science : Technology : Cryotechnology
- About Temperature: A good general discussion of the physics and concept of "temperature."
- Advanced Cryogenics Ltd.: Consultants on carbon dioxide (CO2) production, sales, recovery, natural CO2 well sources, and emerging technologies which yield a CO2 by-product, such as fuel cells. In Tavernier, Florida.
- Allied Pipefreezing Services: National and international pipefreezing service to all sectors of industry. In North West England. Very informative page.
- Bishop Pipefreezing Inc.: Supplying pipefreezing and cryogenic services to the pipeline and process industries throughout the world. Pipefreezing is a means of isolating part of a pipework system by freezing the pipe contents over a short section, so that the contents form a solid plug. Offices in the UK and U.S.A
- British Cryoengineering Society: Scientific society which promotes the advancement of cryogenics and cryoengineering in the UK and abroad. Publisher of Cryogenics Safety Manual and Cryogenics Fluids Databook.
- Böhm & Gottschalk Droogijs B.V. -- Dry Ice: A dry ice supplier in the Netherlands. Site in English and Dutch.
- CCT Pipefreezing Ltd: On-site pipefreezing service to enable valve replacement or pipework modification. In Surrey, England.
- CEC-ICMC 2001 Joint Conference: Cryogenic Engineering and International Cryogenic Materials Conference, July 16-20, 2001 in Madison, Wisconsin.
- CRYOCO, Inc.: Cryogenic consulting services, including systems analysis, instrumentation, gas purification, and classes in cryogenic engineering and safety. Owned by Thomas Flynn, Ph.D., in Boulder, Colorado.
- Climatic Services Ltd.: Environmental simulation equipment for sale or hire. In-house climatic testing from -80C to 300C, and temperature and humidity calibration. At Glenrothes in Fife, Scotland, UK.
- Cornell University Low Temperature Group: Home page of the discoverers of He3 and other low temperature phenomena.
- CryoGas International: On-line version of magazine which reports the latest advances in technology, market development and new products for industrial, medical and specialty gases and cryogenic equipment.
- Cryodata: A major source of software and consultation for properties of fluids, materials, and superconducting systems in the cryogenic temperature range. Example: one program calculates the properties of 33 fluids over a variety of temperature and pressure ranges. In Louisville, Colorado.
- Cryogenic Consulting Service, Inc.: CCSI performs consulting, design, and plant operations for industrial cryogenic processes and gas purification and liquefaction. Areas of expertise include plant design and upgrading, natural gas, hydrogen, and cryogenic storage. In Weston, Connecticut.
- Cryogenic Industry Marketplace: A marketplace for the cryogenic industry with a buyer's guide, auctions, classified ads, a magazine, headline news, articles, resources, and message forums. Free membership is required to access the site.
- Cryogenics (journal): International journal of low temperature engineering including applied superconductivity, cryoelectronics, cryophysics, cryogenics in medicine, and refrigeration and liquefaction technology. Mostly a subscription/information site.
- Cryomagnetics Home Page: Manufacturers of Superconducting Magnets, Cryostats, and related Cryogenic Instrumentation
- Cryophysics University of Tübingen: Live webcam from their low temperature laboratory. Most of the site is in German; but might be useful for some.
- General Atomics Advanced Technologies Group: Site describes several advanced products and systems evolving from GA's ongoing research in fission and fusion, including cryogenic technologies.
- Institute of Applied Physics, Low Power Cryocooler Group: Institute of Applied Physics, University of Giessen, Germany: Basic investigations and developments on low power cryocoolers, especially for components of superconductor technology.
- Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research: Part of the Polish Academy of Sciences, in Wroclaw, Poland. Includes information about the departments of superconductivity, and low temperatures.
- Inventory Management Software For Biological, Clinical and IVF Samples and Specimen: Inventory management software for biological, clinical and ivf samples and specimen.
- Issues in Cryogenics by Dr. Sidney Yuan: Detailed explanations and papers on various aspects of cryogenic technology, including mechanical cooling, oxygen contamination, cryogenic systems, and helium superfluidity. Many papers available for downloading.
- Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc.: Design and manufacture of cryogenic temperature sensors and instrumentation, including instrumentation and systems for studying magnetic properties of materials. Products include gaussmeters, Hall probes, vibrating sample magnetometers, and electromagnets. In Westerville, Ohio, with distributors world wide.
- Low Temperature Research (Service des Basses Températures) at Commisariat A L'Energie Atomique: Research in cryogenics in the areas of superconductivity, superfluid helium technology, fusion, cryogenic refrigeration, and electronics. France.
- NASA Ames Cryogenics Group: Research on pulse tube coolers and other types of coolers for space flight. Also research on manageing heat flow and cryogen storage.
- Nobel Prize in Physics, 1996: Richardson, Lee, and Osheroff: The story of the discovery of superfluid Helium-3
- Papers of Professor Traugott H.K. Frederking: Papers on cryogenics and low temperature thermodynamics by Professor Traugott H.K. Frederking. Mostly PDF files. Also an order link for a new book on cryogenics.
- Pipefreezing and Hot Tapping Ltd: UK freeze isolation specialists. In situ valve replacement or other pipeline repairs and modifications without needing to drain down systems. In London.
- SHI-APD Cryogenics, Inc.: Supplier of cryogenic equipment for the medical, optical and semiconductor industries. Their products are used in MRI systems, optical fiber and optical coating manufacturing, and semiconductor manufacturing.
- Temperature World: Temperature-related news, resources and links. Topics include: science, earth, environment, sensors, controls, health, standards, and organizations.
- The Cryogenic Society of America: A non-profit technical society serving all those interested in any phase of cryogenics.
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 1996: Awarded to David M. Lee, Douglas D. Osheroff, and Robert C. Richardson. The press release contains a good (technical) discussion of the superfluidity of helium-3.
- Thermal Connection: A detailed education site on thermal science (both cold and hot), with many explanations, conversion tables, databases, links, and an excellent FAQ/glossary of terms and concepts dealing with temperature.