Search Home : Science : Technology : Energy : Education
- Alternative Energy: A very good, practical guide to alternative energy. Find how to's and tips on topics in solar and other renewable technologies to backup generators.
- Arizona Solar Center: Education site about energy, particularly solar energy, other renewable energy technologies and resources, and geothermal energy. A special section addresses teaching solar energy in the classroom.
- Ben Wiens Energy Science Infosite: Web-books, papers, articles, links about energy targeted at laypeople as well as scientists, theories, applications, conservation, physics, chemistry, biology.
- CPAST: Energy related articles and information can be found at this site.
- CREST Renewable Energy Systems: Education in renewable energy such as solar, wind power, biofuels and hydropower.
- Carolina EV Challenge: High school students learn about the need for alternative fuels by designing, constructing and racing electric vehicles.
- Discover the World of Oil and Gas: Educational materials from Australia's petroleum industry include a FAQ, online fact sheets written for secondary school students, and curriculum materials (some downloadable, some for sale) for primary teachers.
- EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation: Operates several training programmes in Japan for EU managers.
- Energy: Factoids from the textbook "Energy" by Gordon Aubrecht
- Energy Management Diploma Series - North Carolina State University: Program of short courses providing hands-on, practical, education by experienced professionals.
- Energy Quest: California Energy Commission's energy and environmental education site for students, parents and teachers. Includes information, Q&As, projects, and other resources.
- EnergyEd: An interactive, multi-media energy education website for school students. You can take a Virtual Reality tour of different types of power stations, watch videos, take an on-line quiz, do experiments, or participate in regular events like competitions, chats and field trips.
- EnergyMatch.com: The Kids Schoolhouse is a fun, interactive way for kids to learn about electricity, natural gas, and energy conservation. The Energy College and energy fact sheets inform homeowners about how to reduce their energy use.
- Herb Thomas Productions: Provides a complete line of electrical theory video tapes for use in the classroom, work place, or home.
- India infoline: Provides a wealth of data on SEBs, generation, and transmission and distribution.
- LearnAboutEnergy.org: A comprehensive site about energy and energy education, this site contains resources for both students and teachers including games, discussions, and monthly focuses.
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association: Educational programs and resources (many free and downloadable) for K-12 teachers and students on negative impacts of energy use, and possible solutions.
- Plugging into the Sun: Educational `resource` provider, aiming to promote efficient and sustainable energy use.
- Power Kids: Information, experiments, games, and other educational resources related to renewable energy and the future of energy. From Milton Hydro, Ontario, Canada.
- Power for a Sustainable Future: Teachers resources from Queensland government, including fact sheets and activity sheets on topics such as the greenhouse effect, energy efficiency, and renewable power.
- Sol Ideas Technology Development: Learn how to build your very own nanocrystalline dye-senitized solar cell.
- Solar Architecture Educational film: Discusses the technology of self cleaning, "green" roadside rest stops and toilets.
- Solardome Solar Energy Education Park: Renewable energy education materials, covering wind energy, solar thermal, solar electric, electric storage batteries, energy efficiency, Ekistic science, and electric vehicles.
- Steam Engineering Institute: Courses for Stationary engineers and fireman licenses. Continuing education. Labor unions for engineers and firemen.
- SunWind Solar Energy Education and Kits: Solar Energy Notes and Links. Solar electricity. Solar car and inventor's kits for children.
- Wisconsin K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP): Activity guides and other curriculum materials, inservice information, and other publications for teachers.