Search Home : Science : Technology : Energy
- Energy Information Administration: Statistics, Data, and Analysis on resources, supply, production, consumption for all energy sources. [US Department of Energy]
- 100 Top Energy Sites: A directory of popular websites, updated regularly.
- Alliance to Save Energy: U.S. consortium that promotes the clean and efficient use of energy worldwide to benefit the environment, economy, and national security. Website has information for consumers and policymakers, plus energy education materials.
- Alternative Fuels: Student papers about several different energy sources, including their physical structures, uses, availability, efficiencies, and disadvantages.
- CSIRO Energy Sector: Research and capabilities in energy supply, technology and use at CSIRO, Australia's scientific research agency.
- California Energy Commission Homepage: Data on energy production, consumption, conservation and use in California, as well as information on energy deregulation, renewable energy and energy research. Kids' pages with educational material.
- Energy Contingency: Data on current energy prices and availability. Links to energy supply security information from U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) and other sources.
- Energy Policy and Technology Research at Imperial College: Research unit studies the science and technology of energy production and use; environmental impact of energy-related pollution; and economic/legal/institutional aspects of energy and environmental policies.
- Energy Research in Switzerland: Access reports on energy supply, accumulation, and utilization. Most materials are in German or French; some in English.
- Energy Technology Data Exchange: Comprehensive source of post-1995 reports on energy technology and policy topics. Worldwide scope. Registration required; access limited to citizens of International Energy Agency (IEA) member countries.
- EnergyFiles: Virtual Library Collections of Energy Science and Technology Information: US Department of Energy on-line collections of energy-related scientific and technical information with a distributed searching capability.
- Environmental Organization WebDirectory - Science:Energy: Directory of energy science materials on the Internet.
- European Commission - Energy Research: Provides information, research results and news regarding energy research activities.
- Future Energies: Renewable energy towards a cleaner world: Mix of Gadget style magazine, discussion, daily updated news to appeal to a wide range of Business insiders and interested hobbyists, to which anyone may contribute.
- Hawaii State Energy, Resources, and Technology Division: Publications, directories, and fact sheets on Hawaii's energy, ocean, and technology resources, assessments, and businesses.
- Institute for Energy Technology: Norway's national research center for nuclear and energy technology describes its research and development activities in nuclear technology and safety, physics, petroleum technology, energy and environmental technology, materials and corrosion technology, man-technology-organization, and the OECD Halden Reactor Project.
- International Energy Agency (IEA): Implements an international energy program of energy cooperation among 24 member countries. Site resources include world energy statistics and projections, market reports, discussions of energy economics and market reforms, and technical information about energy-producing technologies and efficiency.
- International Energy Annual: Energy Information Administration annual historical data summary for world energy production, consumption, and carbon dioxide emissions, with sections on petroleum, natural gas, coal, electricity, energy reserves, prices, population.
- Louisiana Public Information System for Energy: Energy and energy policy in state of Louisiana.
- McGraw-Hill Energy Online: News and intelligence on electricity (including independent power), power marketing and nuclear energy, natural gas, coal, and U.S. state and federal energy regulation.
- NARI Renewable Energy: Energy efficiency and renewable energy technology development by Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute in rural India. Includes improved kerosene lanterns, biomass gasifiers/distillers, and improved rickshaws for transportation.
- Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii: Introduction, history, mission, activities, research, newsletters and other related information about NELHA.
- Netherlands Energy Research Foundation (ECN): Leading institute for energy research in the Netherlands, conducts research under contract from the government and other entities. Research areas include solar energy, wind energy, biomass, clean fossil, energy efficiency, and policy studies.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Engineering Science and Technology Division: R&D organization specializing in industrial and buildings energy efficiency; energy utilization technologies; transportation analysis; solar technology; and related areas.
- Office of Science and Technology Information (OSTI): Access to a large collection of scientific and technical information from US Department of Energy programs.
- Regional Energy Resources Information Center: Provides information on energy conservation, energy planning, and renewable energy, particularly for developing countries. Online databases and print publications. Also provides consultancy on information management and technology transfer. Based in Thailand.
- U.S. Department of Energy: Organized by topic, including data and prices, efficiency, environmental quality, national security, science and technology, and sources and production.
- Western Interstate Energy Board: an organization of 11 U.S. western states and three western Canadian provinces. Interests include coal mine reclamation, high-level radioactive waste, efficient electrical distribution.
- World Energy Council: Global energy policy organization. Includes information on worldwide energy resources and use, publications, news, policy documents and a database on greenhouse abatement projects.
This category in other languages: