Search Home : Science : Technology : Food Science : Food Safety
- 24th Annual NW Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop: The Northwest Food Sanitation Workshop addresses basic sanitation as well as cutting edge issues related to food sanitation and food safety. Topics having broad interest are covered in the general sessions. More specific subjects are discussed in small breakout sessions.
- Bad Bug Book: Information about foodborne pathogenic micro-organisms and natural toxins, including habitat or source, associated foods, infective dose, disease symptoms, complications, outbreaks, and susceptible populations.
- Cleanability of Stainless Steel: Brief information on stainless steel used as a food contact surface.
- European Commission Scientific Commission on Food: The commission is mandated with answering scientific and technical questions concerning consumer health and food safety associated with the consumption of food products.
- FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition: Run by the Food and Drug Administration. Program areas covering production and hazards, biotechnology, food additives, cosmetics, pesticides, dietary supplements, foodborne illnesses, labeling, import and export, and inspection and enforcement. Page Lists history of the facility and meeting times.
- Food Safety Information: News, articles, government information and journal on food safety, foodborne pathogen detection methods, forum, discussions, and chat room. [Requires free registration for full access.]
- Food Safety Modules: Online training modules and resources.
- Food Safety Research Information Office: Has online database of food safety research projects funded by government and new food products being tested for approval.
- Food Safety Risk Assessment: Scientists and Consumers: Project to produce a module which will address the diversity of approaches to food safety and risk assessment throughout the European Union together with associated legislation and public information.
- Food Safety SA: Food safety information about the primary industry sector in South Australia.
- Food Safety Test: Basic food safety quiz.
- Food Safety Training and Education Alliance: Improving food safety in foodservice and retail through training and education. Includes news and resources.
- Food Safety and Hygiene: Quarterly bulletins, published for the Australian food industry, cover a wide range of topics.
- Food Safety and Inspection Service: Activities, news, product recalls and other consumer information, publications, educational programs and details of the organization.
- FoodSafe Program: From University of California, Davis. Summaries of links to safety, pesticide and food industry information; also songs about food safety.
- FoodSafetyNow.com: Books for professionals working in storage, preparation, and presentation of food products.
- Foodborne Illness: Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition's list of sources of consumer information, safety programs and US Government publications.
- Foodborne Illnesses: An encyclopedia article on foodborne illnesses, including definition, symptoms and mortality, incubation period, infectious dose, pathogenic agents, outbreaks and political issues.
- Institute of Food Research - Belief Networks to Support Decisions: Examples of the application of Bayesian belief networks and Java servlets to food safety decision support.
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry: Mycotoxin Newsletter: List of resources including research projects, literature and websites on this type of food contaminant.
- Iowa State University Extension: Food Safety Project: Links to news and resources for educators and consumers and research by the Food Safety Consortium.
- National Food Safety Programs and Activities: Directory of factsheets, news releases, reports, and journal articles.
- Program in Food Safety: Searchable database of safety, preservation by topic, process, restaurant or producers. Also, has contacts and news articles. Produced by Penn State University.
- STS Solutions: Offers training and consultancy in food safety, health and safety.
- Technical Institute of Food Safety: Offers for sale a book "Engineering for Food Safety and Sanitation". List of contents and notes on the authors.
- The International Portal on Food Safety, Animal & Plant Health (IPFSAPH): The IPFSAPH is a single access point for authorized official international and national information across the sectors of food safety, animal and plant health.