Search Home : Science : Technology : Television
- Video Technology Page: Features numerous links to television and video technology web-sites. Organized by subject.
- "Moving Pictures": a Television Production Manual
- Abbreviations, acronyms and TLAs often used in television broadcasting and reception: Definition of abbreviations, acronyms and TLAs often used in television.
- AudioVideo101.com: Source for home theater information, defintions, community, and learning.
- BBC Research & Development: Site features excellent papers covering current technology throughout the video chain.
- Broadcast Net: Comprehensive subjects for the broadcast industry
- Broadcast Papers: Business and technical papers for the broadcast industry.
- Broadcaster magazine: Broadcaster provides the Canadian communications industry with in-depth, and wide-ranging coverage of industry issues and new technologies.
- Close-up by Joe Fedele: An Internet magazine for broadcasting professionals
- Closed Captioning FAQ Index: Closed Captioning Frequently Asked Questions, by Gary Robson
- Doug Lung's RF Technology Page: TV transmitter and RF engineering.
- Electrical Engineering Training: Covers a number of topics relating to RF transmission
- FCC Title 47 Regulations: Code of Federal Telecommunication Regulations in HTML and PDF formats.
- Grass Valley Dictionary: Dictionary of electronics terms from the Grass Valley Group
- How Stuff Works: How Projection Television Works: Fully-illustrated unbiased tutorial describes how projection TVs form a small image on a device inside the projector -- either a CRT or LCD -- and then shine that image onto a large screen located elsewhere.
- How Television Works: Easy to read article that describes how television works.
- Introduction to Analog Television: Lecture on the theory of analog television.
- NTSC-TV: Tutorials on television basics, including broadcast engineering.
- Revolution in Television Technology: The Revolution in Television Technology including the history of television and advances on the digital frontier.
- TV Production Course: Free, on-line TV Production Course covering the basics of lighting, video, audio, and editing. Also available in Spanish and Portuguese.
- TV Technology: The on-line magazine for video professionals
- Tech-Notes: News and other matters of interest specific to the Broadcasting Engineer.
- UK and Eire Television Reception: coverage maps and technical links regarding TV reception in the British Isles.
- Unofficial FCC Document Locator: Also includes lots of charts, links.
- Video De-mystified: Side-bar menu features standards, tutorials and interesting links.
- Video Measurement Tutorials: from Tektronix
- Video Recording Formats: Compares and contrasts most video formats.
- Video University: Video Engineering Primer
- Williamson-labs television: Graphics and formulas dominate this site which covers major aspects of video broadcast engineering.
- World Broadcast Engineering: Broadcast engineering news from around the globe.
- World Television Standards: A listing of analog broadcast formats from around the world.
- Worldwide TV Standards - A Web Guide: Comparison of the various analog TV standards.
- ether.net: Features information, links and the history of television in the UK.