Search Home : Society : Crime : Sex Offenses : Prevention : Chemical Castration
- 'Chemical Castration' OK'd For Montana Inmates: New York Times article about Montana's passage of a law approving, but not mandating, the use of chemical castration to reduce the sex drive of offenders who are about to be released from prison.
- A Strange Cure for Rape: Article from the Kudzu Monthly on the United States' use of chemical castration focusing on Hazard Campbell and including sources and user comments.
- ACLU Condemns Governor For Signing Mandatory Chemical Castration Law: Press release detailing the ACUL's postion with respect to this Californian law.
- Accused Rapist to Undergo "Chemical Castration": Article from the Portsmouth Herald about Hazard Campbell who agreed to undergo chemical castration prior to beginning a 25-years-to-life sentence for rape.
- Alabama Mulls Chemical Castration Bill: Article from the Associated Press on Alabama's consideration of a law similar to California's.
- BioMed Central: A peer-reviewed research paper on the return to fertility after extended chemical castration with a GnRH antagonist, including references.
- CA Senate Approves Chemical Castration: Article from the American Civil Liberties Union on California's passage of the chemical castration bill.
- California Child Molesters Could Face Chemical Castration: CNN article written prior to the bill's passage with links to related articles.
- Castration Often Fails to Halt Offenders: Article from USA Today on the wisdom of imprisoning and chemically treating rapists instead of giving them pyschological counseling.
- Castration Works: Article written by Sue Feinstein for 212.net about a sexual offender who chose castration and his reactions to the medication.
- Chemical Castration - Against: Student project asking if chemical castration is an acceptable punishment for male sex offenders, providing online resources against it.
- Chemical Castration - For: Student project asking if chemical castration is an acceptable punishment for male sex offenders, providing online resources in favor of it.
- Chemical Castration Bill Becomes Law: A satirical article from The Underground Online imagining chemical castration as the standard punishment for every crime.
- Chemical Castration: A Return to the Dark Ages: Article from the ACLU Florida about the chemical castration bill passed in Florida.
- Convict Who Had Chemical Castration Gets 40 Years For New Sexual Attack: Roswell Daily Record article about Joseph Frank Smith, convicted of rape after receiving probation instead of prison time by agreeing to take sexual-suppression drugs.
- Florida's 1997 Chemical Castration Law: A review of the law by Larry Helm Spalding, including a history of castration in the United States, constitutional considerations, a civil liberties analysis, and a review of the ACLU's recommendations.
- Italy Murders Prompt Castration Call: CNN article about the granddaughter of Benito Mussolini calling for chemical castration of sex offenders in Italy
- Medical, Legal Experts Debate Merits of Castration Bill: Texas News article about a bill that would make voluntary surgical castration an option for child molesters.
- Mild Testosterone Reduction Effective Against Aggression?: Article from Crime Times about a study which suggests that even mild reductions in testosterone levels can significantly reduce male aggression. Includes a link to an article about high testosterone levels being linked to sex crimes.
- Rape Crisis Cape Town: The center's views on chemical castration in South Africa.
- SexCriminals.com Poll: Public poll, with comments, about whether or not convicted rapists should be castrated, showing the majority in favor of either chemical or surgical castration.
- South Africans Vote on Castration: Article about a poll on the South Africa's Rape Crisis website asking South Africans to give their views on chemical castration for rapists.
- The Chemical Knife: Salon article asking if Tennessee will be the next state to approve castration for sex offenders.