Search Home : Society : Disabled : Education : Colleges and Universities
- College and University Admissions - Disabilities and the College Student: About.com college and university admissions information,with special reference to disabilities, as well as financial aid/scholarships, college and university rank, entrance exam/test help and campus information.
- Adelphi University: Learning Disabilities Program: Information on Adelphi University's disability services.
- Association for a Better Learning Environment (ABLE): Brown University's disability advocacy and awareness group.
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD): An international, multicultural organization of professionals committed to full participation in higher education for persons with disabilities.
- Boston University Office of Disability Services: Boston University takes great pride in the academic and personal achievements of its many students and alumni with disabilities. The University is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all the academic, social, cultural, and recreational programs it offers.
- California Polytechnic State University Disability Resource Center(DRC): Information about support services offered to disabled students at Cal Poly.
- California State University, Northridge-Center On Disabilites: Information for disabled people seeking employment, resources for students, and conference proceedings are provided on-line.
- Centre for Students with Disabilities: Centennial College offers a full range of services to assist students and potential students with disabilities and enable them to enroll in our full-time and part-time diploma and certificate programs. These programs include distance, online learning and options for international students offered at the college.
- College & Career Programs for Deaf Students, 11th Edition: A comparitave listing of over 100 colleges and universities in the US which offer services for deaf and hard of hearing students. (See the Program Descriptions search engine, for data on specific schools in the guide.)
- College Preparations for Students With High Functioning Autism: Strategies for students with high functioning autism and Asperger's Syndrome to prepare for college: motivation to work on needed courses, using strengths to compensate for weaknesses, and preparing for standardized tests. Strategies for succeeding once in college.
- College of Marin Disabled Students Programs and Services: Links to program information and class schedules. [Marin, California, USA]
- College of the Desert Disabled Students Programs and Services: Description of services. [Palm Desert, California, USA]
- College-Finder.org: Providing assistance in placing your learning disabled child in the right college where they can succeed in higher education.
- Department of Special Education at San Francisco State University: The Department of Special Education at San Francisco State University offers master's degrees, teaching and clinical rehabilitative credentials in Special Education and Communicative Disorders. It has pioneered many of the programs and services for individuals with disabilities.
- Disability Services Washington State Colleges: Contact information for disabled student services coordinators.
- Disability-Friendly Colleges: New Mobility Interactive Cafe contains lots of good information for people with disabilities, including this review by Rachel Ross of the top 10 disability friendly colleges and universities in the US.
- Disabled Students Program and Services: The Disabled Students Program and Services (DSPS) offers a variety of services to enable students with disabilities to function independently in the educational environment.
- Disabled Students Programs & Services: The Disabled Students Programs & Services (DSP&S) is committed to providing opportunities to fully participate in all college programs. A variety of services are available to students with identified disabilities.
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania: Highly accessible and accommodating for students with disabilities.
- Lexington Community College-Disability Support Services: The Disability Support Services (DSS) office at Lexington Community College provides a full range of services to more than 500 students each year who have disabilities.
- New York University-Center for Students with Disabilities: The Henry and Lucy Moses Center for Students with Disabilities provides comprehensive services to undergraduate and graduate students with disabilitites.
- North Carolina State University Disability Services: Services guide for disabled students at North Carolina State University.
- Ohio State University-Office for Disability Services (ODS): A directory of services offered by ODS.
- PERDIS - Program for Education and Rehabilitation of Disabled Students: Program for Education and Rehabilitation of Disabled Students in Kolegium Karkonoskie, Poland.
- Queen Alexandra College: Full details of Queen Alexandra College, a Further Education College for blind and partially sighted students in Birmingham, England.
- Salome Heyward & Associates: Disability Management Consultants; Disability Access Institute - training resources for postsecondary faculty and staff
- San Jose State University-Disability Resource Center (DRC): Information about services and reasonable accommodations available for students, staff, and faculty with disabilitites.
- Stanford University-Disability Resource Center (DRC): Information about support services provided by the Disability Resource Center (DCR).
- Student Disability Services: Services offered by The University of Iowa for students with documented learning disabilities.
- Sul Ross State University - Disability Services: The Disability Services Office of Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas.
- The Disabled Students' Program - UC Berkeley:
- The Interact Centre: A college for people with Asperger Syndrome.
- The Pace Program: The Pace Program is a two-year program for young adults with multiple learning disabilities. It is a non-degree program for young adults with multiple learning disabilities, in a college setting.
- UConn Center for Students with Disabilities: University of Connecticut center for Students with Disabilities
- University of Arizona, Center for Disability Related Resources: Resources available for disabled students, faculty, and staff at the University of Arizona.
- University of Arkansas, Little Rock Disability Support Services: Services available to disabled students at the University of Arkansas.
- University of California, Irvine - Office for Disability Services: Resources available to students with disabilitites.
- University of California, Santa Cruz - Disability Resource Center: The Disability Resource Center is committed to making all programs, services, and activities available to students with disabilities.
- University of Florida ADA Office: The Americans With Disabilities Act Compliance Office for the University of Florida
- University of Illinois at Division of Rehabilitation-Education Services: Extensive information towards the Universities services for students with disabilities. The site includes information towards its Calendar, Services, Events, Campus Life, Access Map, Instructors, Handbook, Comments, Directory, and Search.
- University of Leeds Disability Services: Disability Services aims to provide information, guidance and support to disabled people who work and study at the University and to those who aspire to do so.
- University of Michigan-Office of Services for Students with Disabilities: Lots of information for students with disabilities, an on-line handbook for faculty, and links to other related resources for students with disabilities.
- University of Missouri-Disability Services: Complete listing of services available at MU.
- University of North Dakota-Disability Support Services (DSS): Lots of links about the broad range of disability support services offered.
- University of North Texas: Adaptive computer lab provides technical accommodations for students, faculty, and staff.
- University of Westminster-Computer Centre for People with Disabilities (CCPD): Support for disabled students at this school in England.
- Wheelchair friendly colleges and universities: Survey and links to U.S. colleges and universities with superior wheelchair accessibility, including personal care services. Links to state vocational rehabilitation offices are provided, also.