Search Home : Society : Genealogy : Products and Services : Software
- !Family: BASIC program to maintain a family tree. Uses the worldwide standard GEDCOM file format to store information. (RISC Operating System only).
- Agelong Tree: Software intended for building family trees, processing information about relatives and events in their lives.
- Ages: Family tree shareware which features multi-page tree printouts.
- Ancestor+: A commercial application to help keep track of your family tree. Originally written by the late Graham Crowe, it is now being maintained by Paul Vigay and sold by APDL. (RISC Operating System only).
- Ancestral Author: Windows program to document genealogical research. Creates hyperlinked Adobe PDF files from GEDCOMs, text files, images, and other user input.
- Ancestral Quest: Genealogy program that reads PAF files in directly. Features available include multimedia capabilities, advanced search and filtering.
- Brother's Keeper: Windows shareware program to organize family history and print a variety of charts and reports.
- CommSoft, Inc.: Prints family `group` sheets and pedigree charts. Search for individuals and families, names, and locations.
- Cumberland Family Software: Windows shareware program centered around creating family books, with an emphasis on event-based genealogy.
- DYNAS-TREE: Records family history, prints charts and family books, and generates complete web sites.
- Desai Technologies Family Tree Drillet: Lets you create pictorial family trees that can be shared like a document.
- Family Historian: Family tree program offering complete diagram capabilities.
- Family Historian User Group Portal: Web portal for users of Family Historian software.
- Family History System: A set of programs for creating and maintaining files of family information and for printing charts and reports.
- Family Origins: Windows-based genealogy program geared to users with large databases. Extensive reporting features.
- Family Reunion: Windows-based genealogy software by FAMware.
- Family Treasures: Windows-based genealogy software with graphical user interface and drag-and-drop functionality.
- Family Tree House: Genealogy software accessible by the internet only which will create an online family tree.
- Family Tree Legends: Intelligently links ancestors with SmartMatching and utilizes Real-Time Internet Backup and Publishing.
- Family Tree Maker: Popular family tree software which creates charts and trees in a variety of formats.
- Family View: Genealogy Program For Windows. Pedigree and descendant Charts (text or Box). Photo Album Included.
- FamilyMatters: Microsoft Access database program for documenting family history and generating a family tree web site.
- Famtree: Offers genealogy software which works out relationships, displays photos, stores notes and data sources, and also saves charts as web pages and text files.
- Fzip Family Tree: Windows shareware genealogy program with charting and reporting features.
- GDBI - Gedcom DataBase Interface: GDBI is an add-on for 3 other programs: phpGedView, GenealogyJ, and jLifelines. It provides an editor similar to Brother's Keeper and the LifeLines report system.
- GEDitCOM: Macintosh shareware for editing and viewing genealogy files. Features customizable user interface.
- GedLink Editor: Create and edit family trees. Free, animated, intuitive and easy-to-use family tree software.
- GenSmarts - Genealogy Search/Research Software: Generates and tracks research to-do lists, links to online records, prints worksheets, and helps plan research trips.
- Gene: Shareware genealogy software for Macintosh to store family data, print family trees and pedigree charts, and create web pages from database.
- GeneWeb: Freeware with a Web interface which can be used off-line or as a Web service.
- GeneaPro Project: Coordination for GeneaPro software development. GeneaPro is open source, cross platform, genealogy software based on the GenTech data model.
- Genealogia: Italian software for genealogy.
- Genealogy Browser: Genealogy themed web browser that automatically finds genealogy links, resources, directories, searchable databases and other genealogy related websites.
- Genealogy Enhancement Tools: Tools developed for creating digital genealogy photo albums with the ability to add voice sound to each photo.
- Genealogy Template File: Based on Azz Cardfile software, with ability to add images, print and export data.
- GenealogyJ: Viewer and editor for genealogic data written in Java.
- Genesis: Microsoft Access based genealogy program to record details about family members, and link them together in relationships.
- GenoPro: Software for editing and printing large genealogy trees and genograms. Ability to distribute output on the Internet with photos.
- Gramps: Open source genealogy program for Linux written in Python. Graphical user interface.
- Heredis: Windows-based genealogy program with multi-file, multi-window navigation.
- J&L Software's Genealogy Reference: The J&L Software's Geneology Reference is an easy to use way to organize your genealogy research data.
- Kachelmann Genogram-painting Shareware: Kachelmann creates diagrams in a fix matrix of cells. Icons or text may be placed into the cells. Output may be saved as jpg or html. A Java jre 1.4 is needed.
- L&E Software, LLC: Software for genealogy data management.
- Leaf's of the Family Tree: Database software which shows family tree relationships by century, focusing upon any one family member.
- Legacy Family Tree: Popular full-featured family history software available for free by download.
- LifeLines: Open source genealogy program that runs on UNIX, Linux and Windows.
- My Family Tree: Windows-based multimedia genealogy software to create family trees.
- My Roots: Genealogy software for Palm OS handheld computers. Features include importing from or exporting to a GED file, sorting, filtering, Soundex support, ancestor trees, and descendant trees.
- Pfat Daddy's Web Site: Home of Origin's software for recording your family tree.
- RWAP Software: Provides QL Genealogist for the Sinclair QL range of computers, and Genealogy for Windows.
- Reunion: Full-featured Macintosh-based genealogy software.
- Roots: Written by Alex Waugh, this shareware program allows you to keep track of family trees in a graphical format. (RISC Operating System only).
- RootsMagic: Full-featured Windows genealogy program by FormalSoft. Includes family history reports, multimedia support, research tools, and is capable of generating web sites from data.
- Software Figures: Web-based genealogy software programming.
- Spansoft - Kith and Kin Genealogy Software: SQL-based program for software package for storing, interrogating and documenting family trees.
- Suffolk System of Recording Family History: Use a word-processor to record and display up to 15 generations on one page of A4 paper. Much easier to track a line of descent than the "traditional" method.
- Taurus FamilyTree: Java application for storing, browsing and plotting genealogical information. Reads FTML, Gedcom and CSV file formats. Plots both trees and timelines.
- The Genealogy Timeline: Genealogical and Historical Timeline software. Merges historical information with family data.
- The Master Genealogist: Family history project manager for DOS and Windows from Wholly Genes Software.
- The Springhill Heritage Group: A CD-ROM and book featuring Joseph Moss's diary of vital statistics for the Springhill, Nova Scotia area from 1918 to 1976.
- Treefic - Terrific Trees: Treefic is an online collaborative family tree building system. It automatically generates high-quality printable family tree diagrams and can read GEDCOM.
- Ultimate Family Tree: Support for discontinued Ultimate Family Tree software.
- Vitatela: Web-based software tool for the visual recording and display of genealogical information.
- WinFamily Genealogy Software: Windows-based shareware with capability to generate HTML output.
- WonderWare: Generates genograms and ecomaps from text input. Allows travel in time with family and community.
- jLifeLines: Java-based version of LifeLines, an open source genealogy program that runs on UNIX, Linux and Windows. Includes new user interface.
- phpmyfamily - Genealogical website builder: An interactive, dynamic genealogical website builder utilizing php/mySQL. Opensource software. Allows users to import GEDCOM files, upload and share images and document transcripts.
This category in other languages: