Search Home : Society : Genealogy : Royalty
- Almanach de Gotha: Publisher's information about the Almanach de Gotha publication (formerly often considered the most influential royal genealogical reference book ever produced). Re-launched in England 1998 following a break of fifty four years.
- An Online Gotha by Paul Theroff: The Online Gotha is envisioned as a "Who's Who" among European royal families, showing who the members are at present and in the recent past.
- Avigdor: The Avigdor (d'Avigdor Duca di Acquaviva and d'Avigdor-Goldsmid) family is one of Europe's most important noble and banking dynasties.
- Balkan States Nobility Genealogy: Index of genealogies in the collection of T. F. Boettger for the noble families of the Balkan States (Greece, Constantinople, Albania, Roumania).
- Burke's Peerage: Burke's Peerage specializes in publishing books on ancestry, aristocracy, history as well as many volumes on the aristocracy and imperial and royal families of the world.
- College of Arms: The College of Arms is the official repository of the coats of arms and pedigrees of English, Welsh, Northern Irish and Commonwealth families and their descendants.
- Cyndi's List - Royalty and Nobility: Links to royal genealogy resources.
- Database of Higher European Nobility: This system (by Herbert Stoyan) allows access by a variety of criteria such as: name, date range, location, relationship, classification/title. The data includes family trees and sometimes biographies, portraits and arms. The original version of the system is in German; the English translation is not always clear.
- Descendants of Aleksandr Andreevich 1st Prince Bariatinsky: All the families that descend from Prince A.A. Bariatinsky in the male and female line from 1400 to the present day.
- Directory of Royal Genealogical Data: A site by Brian Tompsett with a database containing the genealogy of the British Royal family and those linked to it via blood or marriage relationships. It contains, in fact, the genealogy of almost every ruling house in the western world because of the intermarriage that took place between them at some time or another. There are in excess of 30,000 individuals from the earliest times to the present in the database.
- ES-Sence: Kaj Malachowski's web-guide to the "Europaische Stammtafeln," a collection of European royal and noble genealogies.
- Egypt2Britain: Descent-line from Queen Hatshepsut of Egypt to Queen Elizabeth of Britain, over 3500 years.
- European Royalty Message Board: Personality Traits: Message Board relating to inherited personality traits in European Royalty.
- European Royalty and Nobility: Site by Brigitte Gastel Lloyd and Leo van de Pas containing biographies, articles, links and substantial genealogical information.
- European Royalty during World War II: A site by Glenn A. Steinberg that captures the personalities, circumstances, and genealogies of the royal houses of Europe during a particular moment in their history.
- European Royalty: Inherited Personality Traits: Personality theory based on genetics is used to trace inherited character traits in European Royalty. The major traits are narcissism, perfectionism and aggression.
- France Nobility Genealogy: Index of genealogies in the collection of T. F. Boettger for the noble families of France.
- Frequently Asked Questions (British Royalty and Nobility) for alt.talk.royalty: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and their answers and other useful information about the British Royal Family and British nobility.
- Frequently Asked Questions (Royal and Noble Families of the World) for alt.talk.royalty: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and their answers and other useful information about royal and noble families of the world.
- Frequently Asked Questions for soc.genealogy.medieval: The newsgroup soc.genealogy.medieval (see below) is unmoderated and is used for the discussion of genealogy and family history among people researching individuals who lived in medieval times; thus, it is not only about royalty. The FAQ document lists many useful links.
- From Johan Willem Friso to Queen Beatrix: Genealogy of the Orange-Nassau family, Royal House of The Netherlands.
- From Johann V of Nassau to William III of Orange: Genealogy of the Orange-Nassau family, Royal House of The Netherlands.
- GEDCOMs for Kings & Queens of England, Scotland, France, Spain: Genealogy and GEDCOM files for many European royal families.
- Genealogics by Leo van de Pas: An extensive genealogical database containing more than 400,000 persons. Much of the emphasis is on medieval ancestry, as well as on modern royalty and nobility. The data are mostly taken from good-quality secondary sources, which are specified for each entry.
- Genealogy of the Lords of Strijen: Descend of Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands from the lords of Strijen.
- Genealogy--Family Trees: Family trees for Albert the Great, Charlemagne, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Lady Godiva and others.
- Genealogy.eu: Family trees of many European royal and noble families compiled by Miroslav Marek.
- Give Your Pedigree the Royal Treatment: Researching Noble Lines: Hints and resources for discovering if you come from a Royal heritage.
- Glossary of European Noble, Princely, Royal and Imperial Titles: Definition of the various imperial, royal, princely, and noble titles encountered in Europe. A work of lexicography.
- Gotha International: Commercial services and publications in France.
- Hein's Royal Genealogy Page: Descendants listings for many royal and noble families.
- HereditaryTitles.com: A collection of coats of arms and information about the hereditary Peerage, Baronetage, and Royal Family of the United Kingdom. Contains searchable database of over 7,000 current, abeyant, and extinct titles.
- King Edward III of England: Ancestors of King Edward III of England and Philippa of Hainault from the Churchyard/Orr Family Museum.
- Legendary Descent of High Kings of Ireland: Learn more about the legendary descent of the High Kings from Adam and Eve.
- Mewar Kingdom, Rajasthan: History and geneology of Mewar Rulers from Rajasthan, India.
- Monarchies of Europe: Genealogy tables for European royal families.
- Netty's Royalty Page: Netty Leistra's pages with information about Reigning Royal Houses in Europe, Royal Houses, Mediatized Houses and Royal Houses outside Europe.
- Non-European Dynasties: Present situation, genealogy and short history of most non-European states since the 18th century. [ Title: "Almanach de Bruxelles" ]
- North European Regal Lines: The lines of kings and regents in England, Denmark, Norway, Scotland and Sweden, since the dawn of nations in Northern Europe.
- Order of British Peerage: Summary of how titles of nobility, or peerages come about.
- Paul Theroff's Dynastic Genealogy Files: Large number of text files with genealogies of many European dynasties and noble families as well as ancestries of key historical persons.
- Polish Nobility Association: This association is open to individuals whose names appear in the Polish-Lithuanian Nobility records of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth archives and reference sources.
- Protasyev Ugol Online: The Pleasures of Memory: Information on genealogy and heraldry of many Russian noble families. Provides some findings on V. A. Tropinin and V. L. Borovikovsky, along with a description of Grzymala coat of arms.
- ROOTS-L Resources: Royalty: A summary of some royalty resources.
- Records of Anglo-Norman House of Glanville: Transcription of William Urmston Searle Glanville-Richards's genealogical book published in 1882.
- Regnal Chronologies: An archive of king lists showing both individuals and dynasties, as well as eras of foreign rule and non-monarchic periods for most regions of the world, from earliest times to the present. Includes some national heraldry.
- Reigning Houses in the Holy Roman Empire: German royalty and nobility, their possessions and titles, political structures of the Holy Roman Empire, regnal chronology, and maps.
- Romanov Genealogy: Genealogy of the Romanov Imperial Family
- RoyaList Online: Searchable genealogy of the British royal family through 1,000 years of history.
- Royal Genealogies: Based on the ROYAL92.GED GEDCOM file from Roots-L.
- Royal Genealogy: Whether you're researching royal history or hoping to find royalty in your own family tree, these resources can help!
- Royal and Noble Genealogical Data on the Web: Provides information about royalty and royal families around the world, as well as the genealogy of United States presidents.
- Saudi Royal Family Database: Database of the Saudi Arabian Royal Family.
- Starke Genealogy Index of German and Austrian Nobility: A searchable index of more than 100 volumes of the German "Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels" published by C. A. Starke Verlag.
- The British Monarchy: History of the Monarchy: Includes family trees of royal houses (in PDF format).
- The Counts of Holland: Includes descendancy of Charlemagne, the counts of West Frisisa, Holland, Holland-Hennegau, Bavaria-Holland, and the dukes of Burgundy.
- The Descendants of William the Conqueror: The result of 25 years work which still continues. Although new to the web, it will grow rapidly and eventually be more comprehensive than the Plantagenet Roll.
- The Ghiai-Chamlou Royal Tribe: History of one of Persia's oldest tribe. A dynasty of powerful landlords who have redefined themselves as a dynasty of master builders in the 21st century.
- The Hashemite Family Tree: Hashemite Family Tree showing the lineage from the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to King Hussein. King Hussein is the 42nd generation direct descendent of the Prophet Muhammad. Biographical information available on a number of descendents of the Prophet.
- The Imperial House of Mexico: The official site of the house of Habsburg Iturbide of Mexico with genealogies, histories and biographies of the emperors Agustin and Maximilian and leading figures.
- The von/zu Salm family: The von Salm - (362 individuals, 40 ancestors) and the von Stein - von Dhaun (20 individuals, 12 ancestors) families.
- Title Nobility of Russia: Register of the Titled Families and Persons of the Russian Empire. Translated into English, Russian, and Polish.
This category in other languages: