Search Home : Society : Government : Government-Related Organizations
- Action with Communities in Rural England: A charity which supports sustainable rural community development and thus alleviates rural disadvantage in England. Includes information on current projects and events, plus related links.
- Assembly of European Regions: Political organization of the regions of Europe and the speaker for their interests in Europe and beyond.
- Association of Inspectors General: Consists of state and local Inspectors General and professional staff in their agencies, as well as other state and local officials responsible for inspection and oversight with respect to public, not-for-profit, and independent sector organizations.
- CANARIE: Canadian non-profit collaboration between business and government, coordinates improved Internet access and network connectivity throughout the country, established 1993. Details of CA*net4 optical network at 10 Gbps. In English and French.
- Canada Safety Council: National not for profit non government organization.
- Canadian Access and Privacy Association: Association for persons interested in the access to information and privacy legislation in Canada.
- Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs: State of Washington CAPAA.
- Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation: An association of individuals, agencies and organizations, which comprise the international community of professional and occupational regulation.
- Energy Communities Alliance: A non-profit membership organization of counties and cities that host, or are significantly impacted by U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) facilities
- European Ombudman Institute: Non-profit association whose purpose is to adopt a scientific approach to issues relating to human rights, civil protection and the institution of ombudsman.
- Federal Managers Association: Representing interests of federal executives, managers and supervisors in the Federal Government
- Inter-Parliamentary Union: The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.
- International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance: Objective to promote and advance sustainable democracy and to improve and consolidate electoral processes world-wide.
- International Parliament for Safety and Peace: Founded in 1975 by Orthodox archbishops to address the situation in Cyprus; operates as academic institution supporting intergovernmental cooperation.
- National Association of Counties: The only national organization that represents county governments in the United States
- National Association of State Human Services Finance Officers: Mission to promote effective and efficient administration of human services through active participation by state and federal fiscal officers in policy and procedural planning.
- National Council of Social Security Management Associations: The national organization representing the ten field management associations in the Social Security Administration
- National Governors Association: Through NGA, the nations' Governors identify priority issues and deal collectively with issues of public policy and governance at both the national and state levels.
- Parliamentarians for Global Action: Government leaders and Members of Parliament work together across borders to affect issues with global impact.
- PlanetGov.com: Reference tool for military and government professionals.
- Public Affairs Council: Organization for US public affairs professionals. Scheduled conferences, news for lobbyists, password-protected member login area.
- Society of Government Meeting Professionals NATCAP Chapter: Dedicated to improving the knowledge and expertise of individuals in the planning and management of government meetings
- Southern Governors' Association: Mission is to support the work of the governors by providing a bipartisan regional forum to help shape and implement national policy and to solve state and regional problems. Members are the governors of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia.
- The Association of Inspector's General: Offers support to U.S. offices of IG professionals.
- The Electoral Council of Australia: ECA is a consultative council the Commonwealth, States and Territories of Australia, whose focus is electoral roll.
- The Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities: The Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS) is a national members' association for municipalities and county municipalities.
- The Partnership for Public Service: Works to make the government an employer of choice for talented Americans. Includes an FAQ on how to apply for a job with the Federal government.
- United States Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad: Endeavours to protect and preserve monuments and buildings in Europe associated with the heritage of U.S. citizens. Site includes reports to Congress, and a by-country list of projects.
- Western Governors' Association: Non-partisan organization of governors of US states from Kansas to California as well as Alaska, Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands. Annul meeting agenda.
This category in other languages: