Search Home : Society : History : By Topic : Wars and Conflicts
- Allexperts Military History Q&A: Volunteer historians who answer one-on-one individualized questions about military history for free. Also includes a discussion forum.
- Clash of Steel: Searchable database of military engagements throughout history. Also picture gallery and discussion forum.
- Duels and Dueling on the Web: Comprehensive guide to sword and pistol dueling in Europe and the Americas (15th-19th century).
- Gehghis Khan: Project World Conquest: Comparison of four attempts at World Conquest by a single man (Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Hitler) and two case-studies Hassan I Sabbah and Machiavelli
- Historic Battles: Military history discussion forum, with collection of articles and other resources.
- Historical Battle Guide: Details the author's visits to various battlefields around the world, with brief information and pictures.
- John's Military History Page: Virtual tours of Revolutionary War and Civil War battlefields and armored fighting vehicles.
- John's Military History Page: Virtual tours of Revolutionary War, Civil War, and Korean War battlefields, the Seven Years War, and armored fighting vehicles.
- Leaders and Battles Database: Searchable database of major conflicts, battles and leaders from the Persian Wars to World War II.
- Line of Battle Enterprise: Military print vendor. Site offers extensive archive of thumbnailed artwork of persons, ships, battles, and other scenes from the naval heritage of the United States and Britain, and from American military history.
- Lost Wars and Battles Internet List: A military history `group` for people fascinated with the countries and armies who have LOST wars and battles.
- Military Quotes: A collection of almost one thousand quotes related to war and military matters. Also includes jokes and a discussion forum.
- New York Military Affairs Symposium: Newsletters, forthcoming events and a good selection of military links from this academic organisation.
- OnWar.com: Military history site that includes a database of world conflicts and other military events 1800-1999.
- Society for Military History: Devoted to stimulating and advancing the study of military history in the United States. Site describes publications, membership information, conferences, leadership, and SMH-sponsored awards and prizes.
- The Associates of Military History: An organization founded in December of 1997 dedicated to the study of military history. Membership is free.
- The Great Wars: Overview of the conflicts in Europe from 1871 to 1945.
- The Military Revolution: Military developments in Europe in the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries.
- The Patriot Files: A collection of articles are dedicated to the men and women of the armed forces and the many people who support them.
- The Simonides Group: A non-profit organization devoted to remembering the world's military heritage through providing research, restoration, preservation and archaeological support. Web services description and list of hosted groups.
- The War Page: Comprehensive site with information, letters and photos from a US perspective of the US Civil War, Philippine Campaign, Mexican Service, World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam.
- The War Times Journal: An on-line magazine of military history which features original articles and archives covering wars and campaigns of all periods.
- War and Conflict - Past, Present, Future: Well presented site that "aims to provide comprehensive information about the theory and conduct of war". Largely written by high school students, which sometimes shows in the quality of the articles.
- Wars of the World: Collection of links to military history sites.
- Web Page of Durfee: Gateway to information on the American Revolution and on medieval Europe.
- Æ Aeragon: Aeragon traces some of the history of military technology transfer to civilian applications. Aeragon is dedicated to analyzing the influence that developments in military technology have had upon modern material existence.
This category in other languages: