Search Home : Society : History
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project: An extensive set of collections of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts, maps, and articles on a wide variety of historical areas and subjects. Compiled by Prof. Paul Halsall at Fordham University.
- A Priori - History Directory: Searchable directory of resources and educational material.
- AbsoluteFacts.com: A selection of stories about historic people and events.
- Alice's Virtual Restaurant: A collection of links articles on various history subjects from ancient history to modern times.
- Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative: Scholarly initiative to create a comprehensive interactive electronic historical world atlas combining mapping, imagery, and texts. Aims, technology, scope, themes, news, membership, conference.
- Free History: A search engine that indexes sites that deal with history.
- Historical Criticism: Offers an essay on historical criticism from the 1908 Catholic Encyclopedia.
- Historical Text Archive: Articles, books, and links for historical texts from several countries.
- History Center: Short biographies of famous historical figures, descriptions of historical events, plus this day in history.
- History Computerization Project: Aims to create a network for exchanging historical information. Information about computer database program for historical research, writing and cataloging; advice on organizing materials; and links to mostly-US research resources.
- History Explained: Examines the background history that is needed to understand the major economic and political problems in the world today.
- History Guide: Internet-based subject gateway to scholarly relevant information in history, maintained at the State and University Library at Göttingen, Germany. Searchable by subject and by source type.
- History House: History like you should have learned it. Bizarre stories, trivia, and books every week.
- History Hub: History and world events; book reviews and links.
- History News Network: Aspires to put news in historical context by publishing articles written by historians on current events topics. Published by the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University.
- History Quotes: Includes a list of quotes about history from various authors and historians.
- History Wiz: Source for history, original content, including multimedia exhibits, as well as links to other sites. Topics include world history, American history, and current events.
- History World: Describes world history in interconnecting narratives and illustrated timelines. You can search for events by theme, place and year. Edited by Bamber Gascoigne.
- History and Historical Information Resources: Resources for professors and students in History, including a database of historical movies.
- History of Nations: Provides a history of every country in the world. Includes an overview as well as more detailed historical information. Based on content from the US State Department with new material added.
- History of the World: Offers an essay giving an overview of world history. Created by history teacher Jeff Coons.
- InHeritage: A history Web site development firm specializing in historic preservation and historical documentaries.
- LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - History: Catalog of journals, catalogs, and other scholarly resources in German and English.
- Mr Heitmann's History Page: Comprehensive collection of links to history resources aimed at high school students.
- Net's Educational Resource Center: Directory of sites covering American, ancient, world and modern history, social studies, reference sources, study tips and related resources.
- Ocean: Indexes the best history content on the net, including material in History World, from which it evolved. Also offers a toolbar with history search and timeline of world history.
- Old World Traditional Trade Routes (OWTRAD) Project: Research on history, geography and logistics of communication, pilgrimage, and trade routes of Eurasia and Africa 10,000 BCE to circa 1820 CE.
- Ragz-International: Provides an overview of Western history from ancient Sumeria to World War Two, including profiles of major figures, timelines, photos, and interactive features.
- Reportret: Gallery of reconstructed portraits of key figures from world history, without anachronisms, respecting contemporary style, and based on historical sources.
- The Historian Underground: This site provides articles, links, and other resources related to historiography and historical methodology, as well as philosophy of history.
- The History Net: Expansive site with categorized history articles, weekly features, thumbnailed picture gallery, discussion board, and special events and exhibits.
- The History Page: A comprehensive directory of links, organized by period.
- The History Ring: A web ring which links over a thousand historical web sites.
- Top20WorldHistory.com: List of history links sorted by period, without anotation.
- Virtual Quincy Directory: A collection of links to various sites related to historical events and institutions.
- Western Civilization Core Course: Available as both a timeline and index. Includes survey of history, culture, and ideas with readings, period introductions, and articles. Created by the History Department at Whitworth College.
- Western Culture: Links to websites about Western Culture and an online book on the topic.
- What is History?: An essay from the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica which deals with what history is as an academic pursuit.
- Wikinfo | History: Offers an overview of the topic with a list of articles dealing with history in this encyclopedia.
- World Civilizations: An online learning `resource` from Washington State University.
- World History Blog: Blog that features all aspects of world history. Sites dealing with any historical issue or topic are possible future posts. Also includes sites which discuss teaching history.
- World History Web Resources: An Annotated Guide: Provides an annotated guide to Web resources for studying world history. Created by a librarian at Central Michigan University.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library: History: Extensive University of Kansas-maintained directory of history resources, sorted into research methods, topics, eras and epochs, and regions.
This category in other languages: