Search Home : Society : Issues : Business : Corporate Accountability
- Campus Sweatshop Protests Spread: Country wide student rallies urge stronger conduct codes for factories that make clothing bearing university logos. Meetings and rallies at most major U.S. universities.
- Corporate Watch: An online magazine and `resource` center designed to provide activists, journalists, students, teachers and policy makers with an array of tools to investigate and analyze corporate activity. Documents the social, political, economic and environmental impacts of large transnational corporations.
- A Resolution on a Modern Myth: It is resolved that Wal-Mart conduct a short-term study to disprove the modern myth that Sunday work maximizes profits.
- Airline On-Time Statistics: U.S. Bureau of Transportation figures on airline's tardinesses.
- Anti-Scofflaw Regulation: This proposal would prevent the federal government from entering into contracts with companies that are chronic violators of consumer, environmental, labor, tax, antitrust and employment laws.
- As You Sow: Organization promoting corporate accountability - holding corporations accountable for complying with consumer, workplace and environmental laws.
- Australian Ethical & Green Shareholders' Groups: Descriptions and contact information for several Australian nonprofits whose aims are to make corporations accountable.
- Better Business Bureau of Mainland British Columbia: Regional example of BBB that focuses on ethical matters of business members for the public.
- Better World electronic edition: This is third edition of Better World online. Useful links and references are here.
- Boycott Action News: Co-op America's "tell it like it is" information about corporations that need to be made more accountable.
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR): Provides information, tools, training and advisory services to make corporate social responsibility an integral part of business operations and strategies.
- Business in the Community: A movement of businesses committed to continually improving their positive impact on society through corporate social responsibility.
- C-SPAN: Corporate Accountability: Highlights recent video and news pertaining to accounting reform, SEC and FTC actions and Congressional oversight, and related issues.
- CERES Principles: Formerly the Valdez Principles, the CERES Principles for environmentally sound business practices were drafted by the Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies.
- CSR Europe: European business reference point for social responsibility issues. Includes case studies, publications, current activities and databank search.
- CensorShip Kills: Anti-Corporate advertisers and underwriters. Supports competition to them by citizen-based Low Power FM radio stations.
- Corporate Accountability Project: Researching Corporations section provides links to numerous resources to investigate publicly traded corporations.
- Corporate America: The Land of the Greed: Personal commentary by Evan Stair on the effects of corporate values on small town life.
- Corporate Culpability: C.M.V.Clarkson, Law Professor at University of Leicester has published numerous scholarly papers on corporate accountability. This is one of them.
- Corporate Governance: Facilitates the movement to enhance wealth creation by transforming corporations into more democratic entities through shareholder activism and empowering boards of directors.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Forum: Promotes social responsibility in business by increasing awareness of ethical matters and hosting a database for good corporate practices. Offers seminars and conferences.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Forum: Pratical tools, resources and case studies on responsible business practices.
- Ending the Wall Street Walk: Why Corporate Governance Now?: Although published several years ago, James McRitchie's report presents certain minimum standards with specific corporate examples of "doing what's right."
- Essential Action: Site for alerting and organizing efforts in corporate accountability.
- Ethical Performance: Monthly newsletter for professionals concerned with corporate social responsibility or for investors.
- European Corporate Governance Institute: Non-Profit Network for European and Comparative Corporate Governance Issues.
- Focus on the Corporation: Focus on the Corporation, a close look at corporate power and monopolization as it effects contemporary society. (via San Francisco Bay Guardian online edition)
- Hands-On Corporate Research Guide: Step-by-step interactive guide to researching corporations on the Internet.
- Initiative Against Economic Globalization PRAGUE 2000: Aims to help citizens' democratic rights to publicly demonstrate in order to bring accountability to bear upon large, multinational corporations.
- International Corporate Environmental Reports: Corporate Accountability vis a vis the environment. English link, site name, Milieujaarverslagen.
- Local Competition: Pennsylvania based `group` which says Verizon continues a monopoly on the East Coast by devious means.
- Loka Institute: Begun in 1987, enables information and organizing about worldwide concerns with science, technology and society. Genetic engineering by corporations, for example, has been a focus here.
- Max Havelaar Switzerland: Swiss firm promoting and enabling fair trade actions.
- News for McDonald's Franchisees: News, links and articles concerning the impact of poor or questionable management of McDonald's on its franchisees around the world.
- One Market, Under God: Thomas Frank, 35, contends that behind the go- go stock market and the feel-good atmosphere, the American economy that bloomed in the 1990's is sick, and that the divide between rich and poor has widened. To read this NY Times interview of him, requires free registration.
- Profit vs. Social Responsibility: Cyber College asks students to calculate the costs / benefits of socially responsible business decisions.
- Shareholder Action Network: Nonprofit `group` hosted by Coop America which informs and coordinates shareholder activism toward corporations which are behaving unethically.
- Tell Citibank.org: A place for concerned citizens, including Citigroup stockholders and Citibank customers, to fight predatory lending at the Associates and to learn about community investing as a constructive alternative.
- The Fair Labor Association: Nonprofit network which gets major footwear and clothing manufacturers to agree to disclose specific factory names, where in the world their products are manufactured.
- The International Labor Rights Fund (ILRF): ILRF, founded in 1986, is a nonprofit action and advocacy organization focused on human rights necessary for life and dignity Excellent information but graphics and frames may not load well.
- The MacBride Principles: Principles of conduct for firms doing business in Northern Ireland.
- Watered Stock Pyramid Analysis: Links to articles by Bill Parish about Citicorp, Cisco Systems and Microsoft printing stock with abandon.
- What is the OECD?: Paper on overarching issues affecting corporate accountability. Discusses the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.