Search Home : Society : Issues : Children, Youth and Family : Child Abuse : Prevention
- American Humane Association (AHA): Works to prevent cruelty, abuse, neglect and exploitation of children and animals through increasing awareness among the general public.
- Child Abuse Council: Non-profit agency that provides consultation, education and direct service programs in the areas of child abuse and neglect
- Child Abuse Prevention Association: Located in Independence Missouri, the CAPA's mission is to prevent and treat all forms of child abuse by creating changes in individuals, families and society which strengthen relationships and promote healing.
- Child Abuse Prevention Network: Provides multiple links to child abuse prevention sites, including Army Family Adovcacy Program, Physicians Network, and Family Life Development Center.
- Child Abuse.org: Contains information about child abuse prevention and treatment, and a method to report suspected abuse cases in the US.removing 'yo
- Child Protection Team, Children's Hospital Boston: A comprehensive `resource` on child abuse and neglect for healthcare providers, families, and kids of all ages. Written by the Child Protection Team at Children's Hospital Boston.
- Childabuse.com: Seeks to support, inform and encourage those dealing with any aspect of child abuse, in a positive non-threatening environment. Includes articles by child abuse prevention experts.
- Children's Bureau: Located within the US Department of Health and Human Services. Offers services to protect children and strengthen families, and useful information.
- Children's Institute International: Non-profit organization specializing in the treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Costs Of Child Abuse vs. Child Abuse Prevention: It is far cheaper to prevent child abuse than it is to treat the effects concludes this referenced article from the Michigan Children's Trust Fund.
- Duenbrook-Prevent Child Abuse LaPorte County: Dunebrook is dedicated to educate the public on child abuse prevention through numerous outreach programs.
- From Darkness To Light: Primary prevention program aimed at reducing the incidence of child sexual abuse by increasing public awareness of the prevalence and consequences of the problem.
- Generation Five: Generation Five is a non-profit organization that brings together diverse community leaders working to end child sexual abuse within five generations. Programs provide leadership training to community members, activists and agency professionals and foster national strategy and information exchange on child sexual abuse.
- Good-Touch/Bad-Touch: A comprehensive child abuse prevention curriculum designed for pre-school and kindergarten through sixth grade students.
- Healthy Families America: HFA, a national program of Prevent Child Abuse America, has three goals: to promote positive parenting; to encourage child health and development; and to prevent child abuse and neglect.
- International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect: An international organization that works towards the prevention and treatment of child abuse, neglect, and exploitation globally. Events, publications, and resources.
- Kempe Center for Prevention of Child Abuse: The C. Henry Kempe National Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Abuse and Neglect was begun in 1972 to provide a clinically based `resource` for training, consultation, program development and evaluation, and research in all forms of child abuse.
- Metropolitan Center for Assault Prevention: MCAP provides classroom-based Child Assault Prevention workshops to children, parents, and school staff.
- National Association Against the Exploitation of Children: The NAAEC is a non-profit organization determined to rid the internet of any site that exploits or abuses children.
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children: British site specializing in child protection and the prevention of cruelty to children. Full Stop! Provides links to `resource` materials and volunteer opportunities.
- National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center: NYVPRC was established as a central source of information on prevention and intervention programs, publications, research, and statistics on violence committed by and against children and teens.
- Nexus Solutions - The Good Shepherd Program: Provides detailed child sexual abuse prevention policies, procedures, training and background checks to organizations and ministries whose employees and volunteers work with children and teens.
- Parent-Wise: A clearinghouse of information for facts and strategies for those seeking to keep children safe from maltreatment, such as crisis hotline numbers, parenting articles, and web links.
- Parents Anonymous: Seeks to prevent child abuse by offering programs where parents, children, and youth learn new behaviors and create positive change in their lives. Locations, programs, and publications.
- Place Pedophiles Pictures on Billboards: Tells where registered sex offenders are living. Includes child safety tips and membership information.
- Predator-Hunter.com Inc.: Predator-Hunter.com is a non-profit corporation formed to actively seek out and stop the exploitation of children on the Internet.
- Prevent Child Abuse America: A not-for-profit organization that has worked for over 25 years with local, state, and national groups to promote healthy parenting and community involvement as effective strategies for preventing child abuse.
- Prevent Child Abuse New York: A nonprofit organization that seeks to increase understanding of the problem of child abuse, serve as a `resource` for families and organizations, and foster a statewide network committed to child abuse prevention.
- Prevent Child Abuse, Inc.: A non-profit organization working within the public schools and local community to encourage family development, parent education, and support to families to reduce incidences of child abuse and neglect.
- Prevention of Child Abuse: A not-for-profit organization dedicated to serving as a catalyst for preventing child abuse in all its forms and thereby enhancing the quality of life for children and families in Indiana.
- Protect Our Kidz: Includes child molestation statistics, prevention information, and links to all states sex offender registries.
- Safe Child Program: A comprehensive curriculum which teaches prevention of sexual, emotional and physical abuse by people known to the child; prevention of abuse and abduction by strangers; and safety in self-care.
- Safe From the Start: Taking Action on Children Exposed to Violence: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention publication (Pdf format). Addresses the issue of harm to children who are witnesses to violence
- Safeguarding Our Children - Prevention Education: Education resources for child abuse prevention.
- Sexual Abuse Task Force of Polk County Florida: Polk County Sexual Abuse Task Force provides joint training for law enforcement and mental health professionals. A forum for the exchange of ideas helping inter-agency problems.
- Stop Child Abuse-Save Our Children: A nonprofit organization dedicated to stopping child abuse of all forms, and improving the lives of survivors of all types of abuse and loss.
- The KlaasKids Foundation: Dedicated to the memory of Polly Klaas. The Foundation's purpose is to inform parents, children, and communities about how to prevent crimes against children.
- The Mark McGwire Foundation for Children: Researches and provides funding to homes and shelters that have a good reputation for treating abused children. Online resources for learning more about child abuse and prevention.
- The Preventive Ounce: A preventive program to help parents manage normal, temperament-related behavioral issues, and avoid anxiety and guilt over what is normal for their child's temperament.
- Westside Children's Center: Westside Children's Center serves the needs of children and their families in Los Angeles. WCC offers foster care and adoption services, early care and education services, and family support services.