Search Home : Society : Issues : Children, Youth and Family : Child Care
- Child Care Resource and Research Unit: Focuses on early childhood care and education research and policy. Its mandate is to advance the idea of a publicly-funded, universally accessible, comprehensive, high quality, not-for-profit system of early childhood care and education in Canada.
- Adults and Childrens Alliance: A non-profit corporation offering resources and services to child care providers. Insurance, products, and membership information.
- Alliance of Early Childhood Professionals: A Minnesota-based organization that engages in research and education to increase the recognition, respect, and compensation of the child development work force.
- Alliance on Early Childhood Finance: Seeks more rational financing of early care and education in America through inquiry, analysis and communication among early care and education policy activists.
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Child Care: News, background information, and links on U.S. child care policy.
- Canadian Child Care Federation: Seeks to improve the quality of child care services for Canadian families. Member organizations, news, publications, and projects.
- Child Care: Status of legislation, background information, and analyses related to child care from the Coalition on Human Needs, a coalition of major U.S. anti-poverty organizations.
- Child Care Expenses of America's Families: Report from the Urban Institute looking at the issues arising from childcare costs in the US.
- Child Care and Early Education Research Connections: Promotes research in child care and early education and the use of that research in policy making. Publications, statistics, and 50-state data tool.
- Child Care by Kith and Kin: An article reviewing the issues surrounding Kith and Kin care of children for child care. Overview of the issues, program and policy approaches and recommendations provided by the National Center for Children in Poverty.
- Child Care in Health Care: National Association for Health Care and Health Care Related Managers interested in service options for employees with children.
- Child Care in the United States, 2000: A detailed overview of child care in the United States by the staff of the House Ways and Means Committee.
- Child Development Policy Institute: A child advocacy group, primarily focused in California, that promotes the well being of children and families who use child care.
- Child and Youth Care Association of British Columbia: An association of child and youth care workers, educators and students across British Columbia, Canada. Resources, forums, and events.
- Children's Needs, Societal Consequences: Article exploring the possible consequences to society if children's childcare needs aren't adequately met.
- Daycares Don't Care: Argues that daycare has detrimental effects on children. Listings of books, magazines, and news articles.
- Kierra Harrison Foundation: Provides information and support for change in the laws and regulations regarding the child care system. Find a monthly newsletter, articles, links to resources and support organizations.
- Michigan Association for Child Care Providers: A non-profit organization that supplies child care providers with information and support and assists parents in finding child care in Michigan.
- Mississippi Low-Income Child Care Initiative: An organization that seeks to improve child care in Mississippi for poor children and families. Publications, events, and newsletter.
- Northwest Conference for Parenting Educators: A conference where researchers and practitioners assist parent educators, child care professionals, and caregivers with professional development.
- Online NewsHour: Child care Issues: Transcript of edition in which Phil Ponce explores the issues surrounding childcare in the US.
- Sure Start West Central Halifax: Aims to improve the intellectual and social development of babies and young children by improving the services and practices available in the area of Halifax, West Yorkshire for parents with children under 4 years.