Search Home : Society : Issues : Children, Youth and Family : Foster Care
- Casey Family Programs: Providing direct services for children and youth, with a focus on foster care. Programs, resources, and media center.
- Alaska Center for Resource Families: Provides training, support, and information to foster and adoptive parents in Alaska. Newsletter, foster parent services, and adoption services.
- Bill of Right for Foster Children: Ratified in Congress Hall, Philadelphia Saturday, the Twenty-eighth of April, 1973.
- CBC News: Disclosure - Ricky: The story of Manitoba's million-dollar foster kid. Transcript and archived program on an extremely troubled kid who the system ultimately failed. [Real Player required for program playback].
- Connecticut's Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative: Seeks to help Connecticut youth in foster care make successful transitions to adulthood.
- Council of Family and Child Caring Agencies: An association that uses advocacy and education to enhance foster care, adoption, family preservation, and special education services in New York State.
- False Abuse Allegations - Adoption and Foster Care: Explores why false allegations may occur, what parents can do, and where to find help.
- Foster Care Adoption in the United States: A State-by-State Analysis of Barriers & Promising Approaches: A report of the National Adoption Day Coalition and the Urban Institute that examines barriers to the adoption process for foster children and potential solutions.
- Foster Care Ombudsman Program of California: Provides an avenue for foster youth to file complaints regarding their placement, care and services without fear of retribution. Hotline, fact sheets, and information on health insurance for foster youth.
- Foster Children and Education: Offers simple, inexpensive lessons and tools that can enhance the educational experience of children in foster care.
- Foster Survivor: Online home for foster care survivors. Essays, foster care stories, guestbook, and links to other foster care sites.
- Foster Youth: HHS Actions Could Improve Coordination of Services and Monitoring of States' Independent Living Programs: A GAO report on the Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 (FCIA), which increased the allocation of federal funds for independent living programs from $70 million to $140 million.
- Fostering Results: Examines federal funding options that can help place foster children in permanent homes, and seeks to improve court oversight of child welfare cases. News and research publications.
- Fostering and Adoption: Newham Social Services description on Foster carers and also apply to become a member of the fostering panel.
- Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative: Seeks to improve outcomes for youth leaving foster care by developing youth leadership boards and community partnership boards. Resources, community partnerships, and legislative updates.
- Judge Extends Constitutional Rights for Foster Parents and Children: Details of a New York ruling on the rights of a foster parent.
- National Association of Foster Care Reviewers: Promotes the idea of foster care reviews as an essential tool for helping to ensure the permanency and safety of children in foster care. National network of review programs, resources, and news.
- National Foster Care Association in Scotland, welcome.: Scotland's leading charity for fostered children and those who care for them. Information about how to foster a child in Scotland
- National Foster Care Month: Presents activities designed to promote National Foster Care Month. Posters and graphics, ribbon campaign, and information for the media.
- National Resource Center for Foster Care and Permanency Planning: Provides training, technical assistance, and information to child welfare agencies. News, publications, statistics, and state contacts.
- NeedyKids.com: Contains resources, news, and articles on the growing need of foster care, problems in the system, the homeless and child abuse.
- Orphan Foundation of America: A nonprofit organization that advocates for and provides services to foster teens. Information on scholarships, virtual mentoring program, and donation opportunities.
- Social Justice By and For Foster Youth: A collection of resources including organizations and publications that focuses on foster youth leading social change. Based in Olympia, Washington.
- The Foster Care Council Of Canada: Events related to foster care in the Toronto area. Radio, protests, public awareness, and activism.
- Therapeutic Foster Care Shown to Reduce Violence Among Chronically Delinquent Juveniles: Discusses findings from studies showing a link between therapeutic foster care and a reduction in teen violence.
- UN: Declaration on Social and Legal Principles relating to the Protection and Welfare of Children, with special reference to Foster Placement and Adoption Nationally and Internationally: Adopted by General Assembly resolution 41/85 of 3 December 1986. In English, French, and Spanish.
- Utah Foster Care Foundation: Serves Utah's children by finding, educating, and nurturing families to meet the needs of children in foster care.
- Youth Advocacy Center: Helps young adults in or at-risk of foster care take control of their lives. Getting Beyond the System seminar, reports, and news.
- Youth Leadership Advisory Team: Information for youth in foster care in the state of Maine, including advice about rights and responsibilities. Written by a `group` of young people in foster care.
- Youth Who Chronically AWOL from Foster Care: A study on adolescents who leave foster care without permission.