Search Home : Society : Issues : Children, Youth and Family : Parents' Rights
- Alabama Family Rights Association: Advocates equal legal rights and responsibilities for parents who divorce, shared parenting of children. Has contact information and meeting locations of chapters, goals, articles, news of current activities and links to child support, legislation, judiciary, divorce and shared parenting information.
- COPS - Coalition of Parent Support: A political `group` of divorced parents in California advocating joint custody, shared parenting, reasonable child support, and greater parental autonomy from the court system. Has chapter contact and membership information, organisational history, news, bibliography, legislative and other links, activities and opinion.
- Children Need Their Dad: A personal account of a Spokane Superior Court battle for joint custody, including news, pictures, opinion, and court documents.
- Children's Rights Network of Japan: Information about marrying, having children with or divorcing a Japanese citizen that describes high rates of international parental abduction and domestic parental kidnapping, as well the lack of joint custody and enforceable child visitation rights in Japan.
- Coalition for Improving Visitation Law Enforcement: Coalition lobbies for changes in visitation laws. Resources for single parents dealing with visitation issues where one parent is uninvolved in a child's life.
- Coalition for the Restoration of Parental Rights, Arkansas Chapter: A `group` opposed to grandparent or third party visitation rights legislation in several states of the United States. Has links to other similar organisations, news from the Arkansas chapter and activities in other states.
- Defiant Teenager - Parents rights: Summaries of some United States Court judgements concerning parenting rights and responsibilities. Has links to treatment information.
- Dufferin Voices of Children Alliance: Political organisation advocating reform of the Children's Aid Society (child protection service) of Dufferin County, Ontario, Canada by asking residents to join that society and vote for this organisation's candidates. Lists contact information, goals, experiences, news, examples, opinion and links.
- EPOC Brief to the Special Joint Committee on Child Custody and Access: A submission on the rights of parents and children in Canada; delivered 31 March 1998.
- Family Law Courts.com: Problems with Family Law Courts in California and elsewhere. Accusations that bias in the judiciary is harming children.
- Family Rights Group: Established as a registered charity in 1974 to provide advice and support for families whose children are involved with social services. Works to improve the services received by these families.
- Fatherhood: A sponsored e-magazine for fathers with many father-related articles as well as links to forums, chat, e-mail newsletter plus related subjects including parenting, grandparenting, family relationships and issues.
- Fight CPS And Win: Information, support, and reference links for people involved in legal battles against child welfare services: HHS, CPS, HRS, DHS, DCYS.
- For All The Children: A paternity nightmare story and lots of links to information related to parenting, paternity and child support.
- GiraffeZone: Informational source for protecting families with children. Includes state and local laws, rights to protect kids, involvement in community, and links.
- MATCH - Mothers Apart from Their Children: A volunteer support network of mothers who have been separated from their children by a variety of circumstances. Has contact information, aims and links.
- Mark Arner's Story: How one man cleared his name after being falsely accused of child abuse.
- Mothers Against Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy Allegations: M.A.M.A. is a response to some false allegations of Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSBP). Claims parents are being wrongly deprived of custody of their children due to mis-diagnosis. Has contact details, opinion, links to related articles.
- Oklahoma Coalition for the Restoration of Parental Rights: By parents fighting grandparent visitation laws in Oklahoma. Includes analysis of the current statutes and the Troxel Decision.
- Pale Horse Publishing: Books on divorce and custody issues. Has bibliography, abstracts and tables of contents, on-line purchasing.
- Parental Rights: The Trojan Horse of the Religious Right Attack on Public Education: People for the American Way analysis of "parental rights" initiatives in the U.S. states says that these proposals are part of a right-wing assault on public education.
- Parents Against Negative Intervention by Child Youth and Family Services: PANIC is dedicated to support families who have suffered unfair intervention by New Zealand's Child Youth and Family Service (CYFS), other similar social agencies and the Family Court. With organisation profile, news, views, stories and support information, as well as contact details and links to related sites.
- Parents' Rights: Understanding Your Rights and Responsibilities: In an article from "Understanding learning disabilities: A parent's guide and workbook" the Learning Disabilities Council of Richmond, Virginia, sets out parental rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Search Mothers: Mothers Rights: Directory of links related to child custody, child support, and other mothers' rights issues.
- Shea vs Shea: Personal history of a divorce case. One man's fight for his child.
- Wenatchee's Lesson to the World: Child Protective Services made false allegations, abused public power in Wenatchee, Washington. Describes how this malpractice was exposed through case summaries, investigative reporting, book abstracts, news articles and related links.