Search Home : Society : Issues : Education : Education Reform
- Acton Institute's Education Page: Proposing reform through morality in education, parental responsibility, and free market education.
- Alliance for Excellent Education: Advocates for at-risk middle and high school students by promoting increased education funding and high school reform to help make every child a graduate.
- Articles by Larry Phillips: Various articles on education and education reform, including the standards movement, school based management, and school councils.
- Center For Leadership In School Reform: Committed to assisting school districts in building the capacity needed to support change at the school and classroom levels.
- Center for Public School Renewal: Provides information on how more educational freedom-of teachers to teach, parents to choose, and the public to know- will improve public schools.
- Center for School Reform: Resources from the Pacific Research Institute in support of parental choice in education, high academic standards and accountability, charter schools, teacher quality, and school finance reform.
- Current Issues In Public Education: A Canadian site dedicated to providing information, opinion and research related to public education reform issues. Maintained by British Columbia School Trustee Katherine Wagner.
- DEEP - Democracy Ethics & Educational Principles: Resources in Character Education, Service Learning, Citizenship Education, and Educational Reform from an educational nonprofit organization.
- Diana M. Fessler: As an elected member of the Ohio State Board of Education, Diana Fessler is working to promote positive reform in Ohio's schools.
- EDUTRUE: Education Reform From the Top Down: Offering different perspectives on education reform issues, including original essays, quotations, relevant links, and suggestions for student-driven reform.
- Education Benchmarks: Seeks to give citizens the information they need to understand the progress of public education reform in Massachusetts. Find out about your local schools, compare the performance of different school systems, track progress over time, and learn about Massachusetts education reform efforts over the years.
- Equal Child Abuse: An expose of how fraudulent Supreme Court rulings have inflicted massive damage on our public education system.
- Good Schools: Presentation of issues facing parents, taxpayers and teachers in reforming schools in the twenty-first century.
- Is It Good for the Kids?: A monthly column by ASCD Executive Director Gene R. Carter, which addresses timely educational issues.
- LEARN: What citizens need to know about education reform, school to work, early childhood education, and the restructuring of America.
- Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning: Organization advocating standards-based school improvement programs. Includes news, issues information, research findings and curriculum materials.
- MiddleWeb: Exploring Middle School Reform: Links, resources, and original reporting for middle school teachers, parents, and others interested in raising student achievement and reforming middle grades education. Weekly diaries reveal the real work of middle grades teachers.
- Minnesota Education Reform News: News and commentary about education reform issues in Minnesota and the nation.
- NGA Online: Education Reform: Policy research and links to information covering a wide range of education reform issues. Prepared by the National Governors' Association's Center for Best Practices.
- National Campaign for Customized Education: Presenting a specific model for reform, to help students nationwide by rescuing America's failed educational system.
- New American Schools: A nonprofit organization increasing student achievement in public schools through comprehensive school improvement.
- On the Mark by Mark Weston: A compendium of columns written by Mark Weston about the role of technology in strengthening teaching and enhancing learning.
- Organization for Quality Education: A `group` of Canadian parents, teachers, trustees, ratepayers and business people who are dedicated to reforming elementary and secondary education in the Province of Ontario. Also a good example of how a reform `group` should be formed.
- P.R.E.S.S.: Parents Raising Educational Standards in Schools. Wisconsin parents identify problems and offer advice on dealing with your child's school system.
- Partnership for Kentucky Schools: Voice of the business community in Kentucky education reform efforts.
- Politics in Education and at Work: An article calling for political involvement to reform US education to better prepare workers for technical vocations.
- Project Appleseed: A non-profit national campaign to improve public schools by increasing and organizing parental involvement in all 15,000 public school districts in the United States of America.
- Public Education Network: A citizen's gateway to the world of public school reform and local education funds.
- Public School Issues & Reform: A public service subsite addressing public school issues and reforms. Includes a user moderated threaded commentary forum.
- Public Schools Today: Original articles regarding the state of education, and resources to aid in further study of education issues.
- Redefining Education: The world has changed in the 50+ years since the foundations of our educational system were established. Our system of education has not evolved adequately. We need to redefine society's expectations and needs so we can redesign our educational system.
- Save Our Schools, Inc.: A non-profit organization that provides educational tools to public schools so children may achieve their full potential.
- School-to-Career Partnership: Business/Education Expectations (BE2): a regional effort designed to help students acquire skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for success.
- Terri L. Miller, Ed.D.: Creating excellent learning environments one school at a time
- The Campaign for Meaningful Student Involvement: Information and resources meant to encourage student/adult partnerships and action to create better schools.
- The LEAD Center: LEAD (Learning through Evaluation, Assessment, and Dissemination) provides evaluation services and other assistance to educational reform projects around the country,including downloadable information on a variety of past projects.
- The Lancasterian Monitorial System of Education: Joseph Lancaster (1778-1838) led a movement to establish schools that used what he called the Monitorial System, in which more advanced students taught less advanced ones.
- The National Clearinghouse for Comprehensive School Reform (NCCSR): Created to improve the national dissemination of information on comprehensive school reform.
- The Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence: An independent, non-partisan, non-profit organization of Kentucky parents and citizens working to improve education in the Commonwealth at all levels.
- Thomas B. Fordham Foundation: Supports research, publications, and action projects of national significance in elementary/secondary education reform, as well as significant education reform projects in Dayton, Ohio and vicinity.
- Toward a National Education Laboratory: Discussions and recommendations for the establishment of a breakthrough National Education Research and Development Laboratory
- Truth, Lies, Rumors and Rumbles: Putting the "public" into Public Education for the Southern Regional School District.
- UEdge: Assists students and the general public in the independent analysis of higher education issues and policy choices.